What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help! Please

Heavy16

Hello fellow growers,
I am looking for solutions to a big problem I am having. I run a flo n gro flood and drain system with hydroton as the medium. I don't have any issues during veg. When I transfer the plants into the flower room, within two weeks the start to yellow from the bottom and slowly work its way up the plant. This problem has been happening to me for awhile now but this run is the worst it's ever been. I use the full line of Heavy 16 nutrients with hydroguard added for root rot. I also run h202 once a week. The plants get watered 6 times a day. My day temps run around 80 and night temps are around 70. I originally thought root aphids so I added PFR 97 and botanigurd to my IPM. Then I thought low humidity so I added a commercial grade humidifier. Nothing has solved this problem yet. My Ph is 6.2. RH is 50%. Co2 ppm is 950. water temp is 68. I will attach some pictures to this post. The pics are just 2 weeks into flower. They were nice and healthy during veg. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm forgetting some information so feel free to ask whatever you want. Thanks everybody image1.jpg

image2.jpg

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm pretty sure yellowing from the bottom is a sign of nitrogen deficiency. Are you running different nutrients for flower than veg?

RockinRobot

Not familiar with your nutrient line.

Ph 6.2 is the very top end of the scales for hydro. I set Ph at 5.7 let it raise to 6.1 then adjust back down.

you need to use veg food for two weeks in to bloom as the plants are stretching and growing faster than in veg.
good luck

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with Agent Pothead. Yellowing from the bottom is a nitrogen deficiency.

I run grow and bloom both through out the life cycle of the plant. 2:1, depending on the photo period. 2 times the amount of veg to bloom in veg. 2 times the amount of bloom to veg in flower. 14 day flush at the end.

Only thing I add beyond that is a calmag supplement because I use RO water, silica, and additional epsom salts if I'm running a mag hungry plant.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How often do you calibrate yout pH meter? They do go bad, and can do so slowly

I just replaced a year old one that was reading 5.6. The new one that reads the same rez at 5.5. In a few short days from increasing pH to 5.8 I saw a noticeable increase in reddening of my pistils, which is a good thing at this stage of my grow

hth

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yes I switch from Heavy 16 base veg A and B to their base bud A and B.
I checked out their page, those seem really low in nitrogen to me. The veg seems to come out at 5-2-7 and the bud comes out at 3-3-9 if I'm doing this correctly. Do those seem low?

Heavy16

I checked out their page, those seem really low in nitrogen to me. The veg seems to come out at 5-2-7 and the bud comes out at 3-3-9 if I'm doing this correctly. Do those seem low?

Thank you for the advice. I will try to up the nitrogen and see if that helps.

Heavy16

I agree with Agent Pothead. Yellowing from the bottom is a nitrogen deficiency.

I run grow and bloom both through out the life cycle of the plant. 2:1, depending on the photo period. 2 times the amount of veg to bloom in veg. 2 times the amount of bloom to veg in flower. 14 day flush at the end.

Only thing I add beyond that is a calmag supplement because I use RO water, silica, and additional epsom salts if I'm running a mag hungry plant.

Thank you for the advice. I will up the nitrogen and see if they improve.

davidyhan

Could be multiple diff things. First thing I would do is quick flush with very low nutrient and see if that helps. Takes couple days to see if that’s the problem. If the problem isn’t nutrient uptake or in the roots you probably have bugs. Or lighting in the flower room might be too intense. I’ve had similar problems like that in the past. Good luck