What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's blumatized organic soil LED mini grow

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New Round

New Round

Hi Everyone,
After my oilspill the other day I have used 50g of good bud for a second round, no still involved this time.
50/50 mix of OGK and that wicked strong Bubblegum.
Got just shy of 14g of RSO from it, not bad I guess?
Will start taking small daily doses before I go to sleep.

Quick update, the NYCDxSuperCBDX is doing good:

And the JH and SB are still revegging.
There's good new growth on both, but nothing I could snip of as a clone yet.

take care

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Few minor changes in the tent.

Moved the revegging ladies one floor down and put a 9w LED T5 type light with removed plastic cover in:

9w 4000k is a bit ambitious for 30cmX60cm (2sqft) but I guess for the revegging purposes it should be ok.
This way they're out of the way and I) can dedicate the upper small compartment to veg new plants to make it really perpetual.

The NYCD cbd lady is doing good and I trained here a bit today to open her up more. This will be a proper bush hahaha, maybe I shouldn't have topped her.
Lights off pics, before training

and after

CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day18 of flower

Day18 of flower

Update.
DAy 18 of 12/12 for the NYC CBD lady, looks good and the soil is delivering.
I used canna coco instead of bibizz lightmix for my soilless mix on this one. Water only so far. Bat guano, kelp and worm castings tea very soon.

The reveg dept is doing good too, and while there's new growth there's nothing cloneable so far...

take care,
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
-Day 22 of flower and we're starting to see some progress woohoo!

No idea why the pic is sideways, excuuuse me.

The JH is also ready to give clones, as I plan to keep her as a mom.
I've really come to like the taste and effects of this one.
Really nice and one of the "friendliest" highs I have had in a while:)

And here's the SB, she also pushing out now:

BTW, do you see all the flower clusters I left on to reveg ?
During the reveg phase they have foxtailed like crazy and are still covered in sticky (and extremely smelly) trichomes.
I think when I have clones of both, I'll harvest these remaining buds and test them out!
What do you think is to be expected from these ?
I think I harvested the last nugs end of august? So they've been on for 2 extra months!

NoTell

Hi Chevy,

Sorry for the rso mishap, good that nothing too bad happened.

I honestly have no idea what you can expect from the remaining buds on the revegged plants. I've only once did a reveg and just removed the old buds once the plant had stabilized. So you'll have to find out yourself :)

If you don't mind I have two questions about your box:
- Are you satisfied with it generally?
- If I unterstood correctly you're using a single exhaust fan, how do you exhaust the air in the veg compartment?

I am thinking about getting a new tent for x-mas since my Homebox is almost 10 years old. A box like yours would also allow me to retire the old pc case I am currently using for micro moms and cuts. But I am kinda undecided yet and also considering a DR60 or a Homelab GL60 which would give some more headroom for flowering.

Happy growing!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Chevy,

Sorry for the rso mishap, good that nothing too bad happened.

I honestly have no idea what you can expect from the remaining buds on the revegged plants. I've only once did a reveg and just removed the old buds once the plant had stabilized. So you'll have to find out yourself :)

If you don't mind I have two questions about your box:
- Are you satisfied with it generally?
- If I unterstood correctly you're using a single exhaust fan, how do you exhaust the air in the veg compartment?

I am thinking about getting a new tent for x-mas since my Homebox is almost 10 years old. A box like yours would also allow me to retire the old pc case I am currently using for micro moms and cuts. But I am kinda undecided yet and also considering a DR60 or a Homelab GL60 which would give some more headroom for flowering.

Happy growing!

Hey NoTell what's up ?
I'm very satisfied overall, the three compartment layout works great and it is made well and strong enough for all my electrical& exhaust equipment to sit on top, including my water res for the blumats.

There is no separate veg exhaust, I'm basically pulling the air through the whole tent: My intake is on the upper veg compartment, then the air goes down through the second, lower veg chamber from where I've made break throughs to the flower chamber at the bottom. I've made the openings by folding the separating wall a bit at the bottom that is attached by velcro all around. I have then made a little light trap using some black plastic to prevent the 20/4 veg light from entering the 11/13 flower light.
I can see it works form the dust accumulating over the intake mesh.

NoTell

Ah, I see, that makes sense. Still have a bit of time to make a decision, but it seems a really nice all-in-one package that SJ is offering with these.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, bro!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update

update

DAy35 of flowering, coming along nicely.
Gave her some tea the other day, which seems to have upset her slightly, looking at the minor canoeing of the fan leaves...

I have also put a heat mat under the pot, as ambient temps now dip below 15C during lights off.

The reveggin of the JH and the SB was successfull, they are both pushing out new shoots and I'll make clones to turn one each into a bonsai mum, as they two plants are much too big now for the space I have.

Safe growing everyone
CC

jonhova

Can you by chance give thr name of your fan and scrubber?
Im really interested in getting something small, powerful and gets rid of smell.

I was thinking about getting 2 of these fans and somehow
hook them up to a Duy carbon filter.

A noctua nf-f12 iPPC - 3000 pwm
-109 CFM
-120 mm
-43 decibles
- 3000 RPM
-7.63 mm/H2O
$24.00 on pcpartpicker

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you by chance give thr name of your fan and scrubber?
Im really interested in getting something small, powerful and gets rid of smell.

I was thinking about getting 2 of these fans and somehow
hook them up to a Duy carbon filter.

A noctua nf-f12 iPPC - 3000 pwm
-109 CFM
-120 mm
-43 decibles
- 3000 RPM
-7.63 mm/H2O
$24.00 on pcpartpicker

Sorry for the delay man,
I'm using Prima Klima fan (the smallest 100mm one, I think 270cubic meters) which is blowing through a Rhino filter. Also, because I like it quiet, I use a 5x dimmer and the fan runs on level 3
and sonodec ducting. It's real quiet.
Not familiar with the fans you're naming, but guessing they are computer fans ?
I've learned that you need a proper fan to run a carbon filter properly, so maybe better choose a small conventional one if that's the case ?

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok we're there I think.
I let the night air cool down to 13°C during over the last 2 weeks and also she's hella deficient but the colors look nice ;-)

It's been 60 days of flowering, the last 4 weeks under 11/13

I have taken a bud and I'm quickdrying it, will be able to smoke it tomorrow

Cheers,
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvested her today.

Here's one of the bigger branches.
I'll post more pics of the tops when they're dry.
I only cut of the big fans and will now slowly dry the plant a couple of days to prepare for the jar curing process.

Smoked the quick dried bit from 2 days ago. Nice flavor, mild potency but perfect to smoke on, on the second joint now. Very relaxed but not inhibited.
cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As always when putting a plant back into veg after harvesting while waiting for the harvest to dry and cure to finally be able to determine the quality of the dope, the roots of the plant must be cut back as the flowering hormones are made in the roots tips (so I've heard).
When taking the plant out of the old pot, I remove the blumat as is in one piece with the drip line. The bigger feedline is closed off with a piece of dripline with a knot in the middle.

She had developed decent roots in the 12l fabric pots

Now let's cut those roots back to better match the cut back plant:

And everything put back together in a 4l pot with fresh allmix and blumat back in place.

Still smoking on the quick dried stuff from a couple days ago, waiting for the real buds to dry and then cure before making a decision wether to keep her or not...

Enjoy a hazy sunday everyone

CC

Wellandwitham

great thread Chevy:tiphat: Fellow UK organic grower here, very similar actually. Growing mixture of notill and rols in 3g smart pots in your typical ikea wardrobe, 1m x 60cm x2m.

Really interested in you using Blumats in such a small space. I didn't think that would be practical. I went down the SIP route, using perlite trays with the pots sat on top. Works great, but is not a good use of space, and the blumat looks a smarter solution :) Have you got any more info on the blumat setup that you could share, especailly in a small space. It looks like you keep your res in the tent too? Does it need to be higher than the plants for the water to flow etc?

Keep up the good work bud!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you found the Blumat website, they work great in these little setups.
Funny you went to the polish Blumat website, they're from Austria originally.

The reservoir has to be higher than the plants, otherwise it won't work as you undoubtedly have realised already ;-)
My res sits on top of the tent. It holds 20L/5gal and that's good to keep everything nicely watered for around 3 weeks.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dried and ready to cure

Dried and ready to cure

Here are some dried buds going into the jars for a cure and also the full harvest

I hung the whole branches to dry and attempted a dry manicure, but that wasn't really for me... I dried to around 65%rh and already at that, buds where a bit brittle on the outside and I'm sure I caused more damage than necessary and then I would have done trimming wet.
Turned out ok though, extremely nice smell on these.

Here's the whole harvest.
No idea how many grams or ounces or zips or elbows that is, I don't even own a functioning scale atm.
couple handfuls of smoke maybe ?
I stopped measuring weed by weight when I stopped buying it, now there's only how much do you smoke a day, how long does a jar last and how much can a friend's hand hold ;-)

Alright then, stay safe everyone and don't take anything I wouldn't.
CC

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke Report

Smoke Report

Smoked some of it by now, nice diesel smell & sour taste, the high is somewhat of a downer though. Doesn't make you too sleepy, it just makes you a bit blunt & dull.
Maybe more curing, it's been roughly a month so far.

Made clones from the Jack Herer and the Sour Blueberry and replaced the mothers from seed.

The NYCD CBD lady is re-vegging but if the cure doesn't improve the high I'm not keeping her.

The SB in the front had a little too little to eat, I'm feeding these bonsai mums biobizz nutes.

toke care,

CC

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i just plumbed 30+ blumats. i have so much more time for activities now! i have a 100 gal rubbermade commercial reservoir feeding a 15 gal drum with an overflow that drains back down into the main res.