What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse shopping in Grass Valley - Forever Flowering vs Conleys vs Alternatives

happy april fools everyone. ive got an update on the conleys/vital greenhouse. i ordered mine back in mid feb and was told it was "gonna be rushed threw in two weeks". that didn't happen. i picked it up 4 weeks after i ordered without the plastic. now two weeks after picking up the frame i still don't have plastic and ive been told that its backordered 6 weeks.
they did discount it but wtf is the point of a greenhouse without plastic...

the salesman sucks at communication.
theyre too busy and understaffed and that came from the sales manager.
if you don't want a 1/4 acre greenhouse get ready to be put on the backburner.
i hope other are having better experience from greenhouse manufactures.

Space Case

Veteran
It's a bad time for doing a gh the best time to build one is the year before you need it

Or excavate your pad and put your plants out. Build the greenhouse around your plants around August or early September. You won't need it all summer anyway, unless you are somewhere where the summer nights are really cold.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sucks to hear about conleys hillside growing….for the amount of $$ they charge it is downright ludicrous you aren't getting 1st class service.

anyways, i have been having great luck with my source. they weren't kidding when they said "3 days tops". They had the first 24x80 frame up, with the light dep system and everything, done in 3 days. $4200 per 80 ft, in 3 days is pretty damn good and i feel like they could easily charge more for labor since at one point today there were 5 workers. with half of the third day they were able to get the frame of the 2nd up. so all in all 6 days top to build out two 24x80 cold frame kits with auto light dep. if anyone is in the area and wants their info feel free to PM me…i need someone to buy a 60 ft kit so that i can upgrade to an 80!! basically the kit comes with the fully opaque tarp and light dep tarp pre-cut. and its the most expensive part of the kit, so i already paid for a 60 but i would like to have someone buy a 60, so they can use my tarp for that kit, and that way i can just buy the 80 ft tarp and some extra metal and upgrade. the price for the 24x80ft comes out to 15500 (frame + light dep) + 1800 (2ft sidewall extensions) +4200 (labor). the 24x60 ft is 13500 + 1800 +3300 for labor.

will have some pics up soon.

Or excavate your pad and put your plants out. Build the greenhouse around your plants around August or early September. You won't need it all summer anyway, unless you are somewhere where the summer nights are really cold.

for light dep you would need it all built out for april. I'm only gonna have my first 2 frames up and running for schedule, already have a bunch of 3-4ft plants in 5 gal pots ready to be transplanted and put into the GH as soon as soil is mixed and supp lights installed. my other two frames are gonna be delayed a bit as i can't break ground for another two weeks, but still hoping for a june 1st flip date at latest. the first GH i want to have flipped by may14th at the latest, hopefully by may 1st.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
in case it got lost in last post…

i am trying to place a 24x60ft kit with a new owner so that i can upgrade to a 80ft. the cost would be approx 13500 (cold frame and auto dep system) +3300 labor. if you want 2ft sidewall extensions to raise it up to 14ft center, its 1800 extra. it would be about 11500 for the 24x60 ft frame with manual dep (you use a winch system to pull the tarp similar to a golden arm) if you dont want the automation. but shit only 2k extra is a deal compared to having to go out and manually pull it every day.

i know that some crafty folks could buy a cold frame for cheaper, since the same kit from farmtek is about 6-7k, but this GH crew builds their light dep system to specifically fit the frames they use. i can ask him tmro about retrofitting their auto dep system onto an existing GH frame, but honestly just easier to buy the whole kit together that they offer. so yea they are charging about 5k for the light dep system but thats their proprietary method and what they charge the most margins on. also the farmtek kit at 6-7k comes with a subpar film, these guys use a really nice weaved opaque film.

transaction is super easy, just PM me and il give you the garden centers number to process payment and i will personally call and coordinate with the main guy who builds these greenhouses to get you set up. they are based about 10min east of Marysville and can service all Grass Valley, eastern sierras up to redding, they even mentioned they had done installs as far as lake county and Mendo it just costs extra in labor.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
here are some pics! first one is fully done, crew is off for the weekend but should wrap the 2nd up next week.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

furrywall11

Holy crap bro you got the hookup. Mine was 4500 a piece for labor alone on 20x72. Live n learn. What kind of blackout tarp are you using?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So cool! throw up a video of how the auto dep works please.

whats up with the plastic cover, it looks really opaque white. I'm assuming this is a stealth feature or what?

it looks like you were really lucky to find good workers who hooked you up so fast.
you gotta be very happy. very clean set up. what strains you running?

JuneBugJoe

If yall are looking for Greenhouses I've got a quite a few 30'x96' and 30'x80' galvanized hoop house greenhouses available for $3,000 each.

30x80 Size

Jesus Christ you guys are going huge! Is that normal for Nevada County? Friends of mine just moved to nev city with 10+ acres on AG land and want to know what's normal for people to do out there. Ordinance is only 600 sq ft contiguous area.

ScatteredGrass

@yes4prop215....

are those Emerald Kingdom setups??

I ordered a conleys mountain 1300 for a site, but have a second site that I was considering doing an emerald kingdom if that's what you have there.... im going to pull the trigger

onavelzy

Veteran
here are some pics! first one is fully done, crew is off for the weekend but should wrap the 2nd up next week.
View Image
View Image
View ImageView Image
View Image

that's a nice set up Yes4. I've never seen a real GH grow so a couple of questions popped into my head.

Weather: How do these hold up to wind and hail? Not sure if you get powerful storms or not but if so was wondering how it all held together. Watching that golden arm video, it seems like the whole cover could end up working like a giant sail if there was even a moderate wind was coming in while trying to deploy the cover.

What amount of environmental control do you expect to need to use, i.e cooling for summer? Adding or pulling humidity? Light and/or heat at other times of the year? How much electricity do you expect to use, if any?

From the pictures, it looks like there is an opaque roof with sides that can be elevated and also a seperate light dep cover, which i figured was deployed in that last pic. Is that how it's set up?

Sounds like your vendor has his act together. Congrats on what looks like a really clean set up.

ScatteredGrass

sucks to hear about conleys hillside growing….for the amount of $$ they charge it is downright ludicrous you aren't getting 1st class service.

anyways, i have been having great luck with my source. they weren't kidding when they said "3 days tops". They had the first 24x80 frame up, with the light dep system and everything, done in 3 days. $4200 per 80 ft, in 3 days is pretty damn good and i feel like they could easily charge more for labor since at one point today there were 5 workers. with half of the third day they were able to get the frame of the 2nd up. so all in all 6 days top to build out two 24x80 cold frame kits with auto light dep. if anyone is in the area and wants their info feel free to PM me…i need someone to buy a 60 ft kit so that i can upgrade to an 80!! basically the kit comes with the fully opaque tarp and light dep tarp pre-cut. and its the most expensive part of the kit, so i already paid for a 60 but i would like to have someone buy a 60, so they can use my tarp for that kit, and that way i can just buy the 80 ft tarp and some extra metal and upgrade. the price for the 24x80ft comes out to 15500 (frame + light dep) + 1800 (2ft sidewall extensions) +4200 (labor). the 24x60 ft is 13500 + 1800 +3300 for labor.

will have some pics up soon.

for light dep you would need it all built out for april. I'm only gonna have my first 2 frames up and running for schedule, already have a bunch of 3-4ft plants in 5 gal pots ready to be transplanted and put into the GH as soon as soil is mixed and supp lights installed. my other two frames are gonna be delayed a bit as i can't break ground for another two weeks, but still hoping for a june 1st flip date at latest. the first GH i want to have flipped by may14th at the latest, hopefully by may 1st.

get at me ill buy it, if you can ship it... I cant PM you I think its cause im new here... im in IG with the same handle, if your on there send me a DM... ill get you paid and get some girls in there with the quickness

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
they aren't the EK ones…i did see those. they actually look cheaper than the ones i got so might be worth checking out. they were a backup company in case my company didn't work out. i believe EK starts at 6k for the light dep system and like 3-4k for frame but I'm not 100%. I'm not sure if they ship, they do deliver if your located in norcal. drop your email in the reputation (bottom left, middle silver weight icon)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
that's a nice set up Yes4. I've never seen a real GH grow so a couple of questions popped into my head.

Weather: How do these hold up to wind and hail? Not sure if you get powerful storms or not but if so was wondering how it all held together. Watching that golden arm video, it seems like the whole cover could end up working like a giant sail if there was even a moderate wind was coming in while trying to deploy the cover.

What amount of environmental control do you expect to need to use, i.e cooling for summer? Adding or pulling humidity? Light and/or heat at other times of the year? How much electricity do you expect to use, if any?

From the pictures, it looks like there is an opaque roof with sides that can be elevated and also a seperate light dep cover, which i figured was deployed in that last pic. Is that how it's set up?

Sounds like your vendor has his act together. Congrats on what looks like a really clean set up.

yea the golden arm can be blown off during strong storms according to my friend who ran them. this system is different and can't be because its attached to the mechanical arm system and has a full length metal beam attached to it.

the first layer of opaque GH film is made up of two sections, the sides completely roll up and the top section. however the light dep cover can cover both of those sections you just gotta roll the sides back down.

for the fans I'm working with the GH installers on putting some blackout shutter fans of some kind, approx 10-13k CFM exhaust fan and some shutters on thermostat. the way the sides roll up allows a ton of airflow, and I'm gonna install a mister system in the ceiling instead of Evap coolers. pex tubing for the floors eventually but might not need that since may 15th I;d be putting them in the ground for full season with none of that. approx 20 amp circuit per hoop for the basic electricals like fans and light dep system, and honda generator for any heavy duty stuff like supp lights.

Latest posts

Latest posts