What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pollen chucking?

So I have 3 Tangie males and one White Widow male. I’d like to lightly seed the whole room with all of the studs.
How much pollen should I chuck?

Im running 2 1000w double ended mixed spectrum.
Tangie, a purple budded Violeta, Orinoco, Hashfruit,Zamaldelica and an NL I just put in but has no flowers yet, are the bitches.

I’m gonna take in a mixed pile of pollen and blow it into the fan. Fuck it! I have a whole new set of plants in the veg room.

Last edited:
Trying some kush’s, three different breeders. Sugar Black Rose, Albino fire skunk. Looking for my keeper strains. Gonna be pollen chucking too.

I realized, as I was smoking the mother plant, that Hashfruit #9 was the best of the bunch. So I cut clones off of a flowering outdoor HF9 and wouldn’t you know it? It worked. They have that weird re-vegged look, single bladed leaves, no or small leaf serrations..... she’s a rooty bitch, frosty, tasty, yieldy and purpley too.

clearheaded

can just pollinate certain buds, get plenty of seeds and save the crop from being over seeded and hard to smoke. easier to harvest aswell if just do a branch of 2. and ya if 1 male looksbetter choose it or top 2. ;)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I put pollen and its balls in a large freezer bag. Then I slipped the bag over a cola and stroked it like I was jerking off with both hands. Next cola. The slut loved it and sprayed 12k seeds on me.

Some girls like it rough.

I used a barely visible amount collected on some parchment paper, no idea what to expect but my guess is seedy buds.
I know about pollination of one branch but that’s a little fussy for me. Even though it makes it harder to smoke I lust for weed seeds.
I couldn’t really pick a good male as the Tangie’s were similar and the WW is a nice looking plant.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Barely amount means barely amount of seeds.

But on a serious note, when you only have a bit, that's the time to get anal with a qtip and do one flower at a time.

Let us know how it goes.

I can pump some more in there if I have to.
When do fertilized “hairs” turn brown after pollination?
I found a hermi Tangie tonight. The flowers had opened but I couldn’t see any brown hairs around it. Sterile....?

clearheaded

couple days they will start.. takes 4-6 hours for pollen to wake up and then grow into the ovule. may take little longer depending on conditions ie humidity. then another 24 hrs before should be at . least starting to turn brown. some var react different. some u touch the hairs and they turn brown. others can man handle bud and just stay thick and white..

ya its possible the hermi flower wasnt fertile def does happen. caught it before it opened? or if just dumped inside the bud and stuck to trichomes. def be hard to tell since blew pollen into the room.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Should turn colour in a few days. I have seen (maybe just my imagination) when pistils are stroked with a paintbrush with pollen, they react by curling the tip as if they grabbed the pollen.

I installed a thermostat that runs my vortex fan. It’s an Inkbird unit, growers will love it. Two plugs, one for a heater, one for a cooler. Anyway, works great but the numbers glow bright red and I suspect it caused that plant to hermi. I covered it the other day but too late.

TheBlackman

I installed a thermostat that runs my vortex fan. It’s an Inkbird unit, growers will love it. Two plugs, one for a heater, one for a cooler. Anyway, works great but the numbers glow bright red and I suspect it caused that plant to hermi. I covered it the other day but too late.

yo,
I respectfully say no,
for the years I've grown and tended to my girls,

often interrupting their slumber,
some gardening, all no frills,

low tech, old school is how I be,
but honestly never has light made my girls hermi on me,

so a little red led is not going to have any effects on your show,
tho I question the genetic drift of your grow,

they might be predetermined to bust a nut,
and spew all over like fresh fallen snow.

Latest posts

Latest posts