What's new

CoCo, is it soil, soilless or hydro

pelican1020

I'm doing a small grow with a buddy, we've got 2 x1000w hps for flower and 1 x 1000w mh for veg/mom.

I've done soil and hydro before a couple times so I'm no master grower but I'm getting the hang of some of it.

My buddy wants to use coco, I am not familiar with it enough to have any opinion on it. How would you describe it? Does it grow like soil or hydro? Are salt build up a problem? Any rave reviews or total horror shows?

Thanks for any info.

GonjaLove

Treat coco as if it were hydro. While it is a learning curve from soil...once you get the basics of it down you'll be very pleased. Side by side with soil...coco blows it out of the water as far as growth. Also you can use much much smaller pots than you would with soil. Keep it moist, not wet, at all times. Ph swing from 5.8 - 6.2. I'm usually 5.9 in veg and will let rise to 6.2 during flower. Never use straight water in coco.

petert

Treat coco as if it were hydro. While it is a learning curve from soil...once you get the basics of it down you'll be very pleased. Side by side with soil...coco blows it out of the water as far as growth. Also you can use much much smaller pots than you would with soil. Keep it moist, not wet, at all times. Ph swing from 5.8 - 6.2. I'm usually 5.9 in veg and will let rise to 6.2 during flower. Never use straight water in coco.

What do you flush with then?

I use GH nutes ph at 6. Water daily..sometimes every other day and do a flush the final 3-4 watering.

GonjaLove

I should of been a little more specific lol damn wake n bake! I flush the last 10 or so days with ph'd water with molasses sometimes...I shoot for very little runoff during final flush as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts