What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Complete novice./coir/perlite mix

Dazlad

What is the best remedy (is there a set remedy.?.)for mixing coir/perlite.?..didn't cal/mag my first mix,& had probs(all OK now thanks to you guys on here)..last mix i ph'ed my water at 6.3,soaked bricks for 1hr in 10 gal smartpot,let drain & added perlite.then transferred to smaller pots..is that right.?..with exception of 1m per ltr of cal+..??..

GrnEyes

Save yourself some time. Buy Royal Gold Tupur coir perilite mix. Don't need to wash it already mixed...i LOVE it so far!

oldbootz

Veteran
You should check the coco thread.

People are having good luck with modified lucas formula in coco that uses flora bloom and micro products. This is an old recipe and well tested. But there are many ways to do anything. Myself I use a base of 1/3 coco 1/3 perlite 1/3 composts and worm casts and add a few things to it for a organic mix (dolomite lime, bone meal, rock dust, diatomacious earth, guano).