What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Total noob here, is this normal?

187Blacka

Hello everyone! First time attempting to grow, nothing special just a indoor pot. So i germinated 5 seeds and they all popped tiny white things so i planted them 1 day ago. This morning one of them popped out of the soil but it doesen't look right to me. Here is a pic:

picture.php

Sorry if i posted in the wrong place.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Cover it with some dirt and it should grow. Leaving it exposed like that will more than likely kill the taproot, and end that seedling's life.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Your good man. Just leave it be. If that soil is still wet, don't water it all until the soil starts to dry some. Do prevent it from getting stretched out and lanky, keep your light as close to it as possible. If your using fluorescents you can keep the light as close as 2" away from it. Just make sure you have a fan of some sort to provide air circulation, but try to not have the fan pointing directly at the plant.

187Blacka

That is exactly how i keep the fan..well good thing i asked and i really appreciate your help...bdw i have a second one pop out of the soil but that one has yellowish leaves.

Root Boy

and today (two days later) the leaves turned from yellow to green?

that`s because the plant uses the green(chlorophyll) for photosynthesis, and what we need for that...?! ...right we need light, wich we don`t have under the earth.

don`t get me wrong,I hope you knew that before but if not you should learn some basics, here.. ore youtube..

how many have popped up yet? What setup do you use?

good luck

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That soil looks to be extremely wet. Let it dry out some like DTOG recommended. He posted solid advice.

187Blacka

I know...im on a very low budget and i don't expect much. I can see they are stretching for light, i had 2 x 10w led at first and today i bought 2 x 36w cfl 6400k. They don't grow much i know they don't have what they need but for now i can't do to much.

Sorry for bad quality.
I have a fan above them, i heard that could help with the stretching and the soil has : ph 6.5-7, humidity 60%-70%, azote: 410 (cca), phosphorus: 192 (ppm), potassium: 1350 (ppm), that is what its saying on the bag atleast.

Andyo

Veteran
reflector

reflector

I know...im on a very low budget and i don't expect much. I can see they are stretching for light, i had 2 x 10w led at first and today i bought 2 x 36w cfl 6400k. They don't grow much i know they don't have what they need but for now i can't do to much.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71991&pictureid=1714171&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Sorry for bad quality.
I have a fan above them, i heard that could help with the stretching and the soil has : ph 6.5-7, humidity 60%-70%, azote: 410 (cca), phosphorus: 192 (ppm), potassium: 1350 (ppm), that is what its saying on the bag atleast.

CFL,s can be quite good for veg, a reflector would help even card board with baking foil stuck on with wallpaper paste could double the amount of light ,A

Last edited:

187Blacka

I was thinking about the aluminium foil but i read that it can cause sunburns or something like that, i will give it a shot do. Ty

187Blacka

I have a thing that you use for the windshield to keep the lights out, are they any good for reflection do? Sorry for my poor english.

Root Boy

My first comment was rude, pls excuse..

the set up should work like this, just watch out they get enough air exchange.

6400(cool whit) are perfect for the vegetative phase, in flower you might wanna have warm white color like 2700k, 3200k ore at least 4000k

the soil is ok.. when it`s up to watering, like the others said.. less is more! this way the roots start "searching" for water and you`ll get a higher root volume...

Same about nutrients, the soil should do it for a couple weeks.. until the under leaves start to become yellow, this is the time for you to start feeding them.. and again.. less is more ;)

Hoss12B1P

I would suggest not using clear containers for your seedlings, as you don't want your root systems exposed to light. Best of luck!

Hoss12B1P

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
How's it doing/looking now Blacka ? I would also advise against using a clear container. But with that said, plenty of guys use them for small plants and they work just fine. When you put it into a larger container is when I would avoid using a clear container.

187Blacka

They grow slow but i don't complain because i know the lights are not enough and i can't test the ph. Here are 2 pics i just took (sorry for bad quality):

I bought a normal nutrient soulition 3/4/3 and i use it when i water them.

187Blacka

Sorry for posting again but i was cheking my pics and i noticed a little sprout behind on of the plants is that normal?

187Blacka

Day 11 they grow slowly but i'm happy they are not dead yet. I was wondering if is possible to change the soil, i got a better soil and i want to replace the soil in the pots.