What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Time Growing! Excellent Set up. Great opportunity.

Jsmooth

Hello fellow growers

This is going to be my first grow. My friend has left me with his amazing set up while he is away. He is a well known grower and has much knowledge to offer me. I am very fortunate to use his equipment and genetics. I have done quite a bit of research preparing myself for this grow. Another grower will be checking up one me every week just to make sure everything is working well. I hope to better understand the cannabis plant with this grow journal, and hopefully help other new growers with their garden.

Here is the setup of the room:
There are three 4x8 tables. Each table has a different types of lights. One table has three ChiLED's , one has three blockbuster High Pressure Sodiums (HPS), and one has eight DIY LED bars with four 3590 COB (I did not build these myself so it will be a little hard to answer some questions).
The fans,heating, irrigation water system/feeding, and humidifier will be automated by via Growtronix. The CO2 will be automated as well once flowering starts.

Each table will have 10 plants which is 30 plants total. There were many clones and the best looking ones were chosen. They were put into grow blocks in the veg room. After a week or two we transplanted them into pots with moist promix and moved them to the flower room where they will continue their veg stage. Since the food is automated I will have to refill the 5 gallon bucket with food every 3-4 days with Veg+Bloom at 700 ppm.

Im excited to see the results!!!

In about a day or two i will be putting up some pics of the set up and the plants because at the moment Im having a hard time putting them up.

Jsmooth

First Week of Flower

First Week of Flower

Hello Growers,

Sorry I haven't been able to update this journal. I have taking care of a lot of thing and was having a hard time trying to get some pictures up on this forum.

Update on the garden:

A couple days ago we switched the light schedule to 12/12. We also increased the amount of nutrients in the water to 800 ppm of veg bloom.

Here are some pics of the garden..

ChiLED Lights "Flower" Mode

Jsmooth

CXB3590

CXB3590

CXB3590

So I realized that under the COBs they were a little stress. They emit alot more heat under the COBs. Theres more demand on that side so i definitely have to keep an eye on them a little more.

I also realized that some of the veins in the plants were turning yellow as well as the leaves. The plants stems were turning purple. The plants in the beginning already had purple stripes due to the genetics, but when i saw the leaves turning yellow i began to research.

The problem was a magnesium deficiency. To fix the problem i foliar sprayed the plants with Calcium/Magnesium (Cal/Mag). I did this when the lights were off because if not the plants would've been damaged.

Glad to hear some feedback!!!

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Sounds killer. Great opportunity for sure! Hell of a first grow! Three tables, genetics and supervision from knowledgeable growers. Your a lucky mofo! I wanna roll wit CHU!haha I wish you luck but I'm not sure you need it! :)

Jsmooth

Sounds killer. Great opportunity for sure! Hell of a first grow! Three tables, genetics and supervision from knowledgeable growers. Your a lucky mofo! I wanna roll wit CHU!haha I wish you luck but I'm not sure you need it! :)

Haha man thanks i really do appreciate it. I am truly blessed to have this opportunity.

Jsmooth

Sounds nice man, but I can't see any pictures :(

Yeah I'm having a hard time with getting pics up... Im a newb lol! I have them open on my albums now so you can see some there! Thanks for the link as well. I will definitely check it out!:woohoo:

Jsmooth

End of the Third Week of Flower

End of the Third Week of Flower

Hey guys,

Everything in the grow is looking good. On the third week of flower I was expecting to see some Buds and Pistils to pop out and they did. I increased the amount of food to 850ppm of Veg Bloom and the plants are loving it. We have the system running water every 2 1/2 hours so the pots can be constantly flushed out with new nutrient water. We also installed the the Flora Flex Round drip system and it is working perfectly.
Here are some updated pics:

CXB3590

Jsmooth

Day 34 (5th week of flower)

Day 34 (5th week of flower)

Hey guys so this is the 5th week of flower and things are beginning to look really good. The buds are fattening up and the pistils are starting to turn brown. I noticed some burns on leaves so i decided to lower the food down to 850 ppm. Other then that one leaf everything is looking good and cannot wait until the 8th week when things should really get big! Here are some pics of the garden ;)

CXB3590