What's new

1st time grower 3x3 tent help.

Blazeee

Veteran
Im going to start growing come first of the year and for the past few months I've been doing my fair share of research. Long story short I've decided a tent 3×3×6 ft tall due to overall space. I recently purchased Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook and im going to build the tent myself using 3/" PVC and panda poly ffilm and velcrow. The book has tons of information on just about everything you need to know but my question is not answered of course lol.

So here's my list of questions:
Any and all responses are greatly appreciated.

1. How many plants can I grow for maximum yield in a 3x3 tent?

2. Is 1000w too much lighting? (was thinking of using metal halide lighting for more potency I know it will cut down over all yield)

3. How are you distributing/monitoring the CO2?

4. Any other tips you might have or advice for a new kid trying to master this beautiful art. If you google search or read how to grow from any blogger or Phd you will spend 10k for a 4 plant grow op on stuff you could have built or made for a couple hundred bucks.

Thanks everybody.
Keep on toking! :thank you:

1. I would go for 4 plants in that space as it's your first grow, I noticed someone said 1 plant scrog. Personally I would go for 4 plants rather than putting all your eggs in 1 basket, a 1 plant scrog may give you a higher yield in the hands of a more experienced grower etc.

2. A 1000w light is completely overkill for your space. I would get a 600w dimmable ballast, 600w is perfect for a 3x3/1mx1m space, get a dimmable ballast incase you struggle with temps in to summer.

Your thinking of using a MH bulb to flower with? Have you looked at 315w CMH, 1 of those would be perfect for what your looking for, would cover the space no problem, however they are more expensive than a regular HPS/MH.

3. I don't use co2 so I couldn't advise you on this. As far as iknow people prefer to use co2 in a sealed room, if using it in a tent with an extractor fan then it is a waste.

4. I may have missed it but you didn't mention what medium your planning on growing in. If hydro I would run 1 planning that space, soil / coco grow 4 plants, 15-20l in dirt maybe 6.5-11l for coco.

Personally I wouldn't waste time building an area, just buy a tent, there cheap and lightproof, not a problem to take down etc easy to store away.

If running a 600w lamp i would go for a 6 inch extractor fan + filter, if you deciden on a 400/315 then you might be able to getaway with a 5 inch fan + filter

I would also ditch the handbook and stick to IC for any tips / advise

As aspen said keep it simple, don't expect to get amazing yields on your first grow, my first few harvests were terrible. If something goes wrong don't let it put you off, look at it as a learning curve.

Latest posts

Latest posts