What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When do I start watering my coco after beans pop? (pics)

Beans sprouted 2 days ago. Up until now I have been misting the top layer of coco with a spray bottle; no real watering.

Should I start giving them a proper watering to runoff now or wait a few more days?

How shitty do they look in general lol? Light is currently about 3 feet from the girls at 50% strength (ROI E680LED).

Thank you!

HGCC

You might want to scoop it out and put in a solo cup for a few weeks, that container is to big at this point.

You might want to scoop it out and put in a solo cup for a few weeks, that container is to big at this point.

Interesting. The Youtube channel that I've used as kind of my guide said to always put autoflower beans straight into the big pot. Thanks for your tip.

Any thoughts on how much water they need at this stage?

ElGato

Veteran

if it were me i'd give em about 3-4oz. of water and keep close track of them so they don't dry out. You want the medium wet but not super soaked. also thats a big pot so you dont want to get all of the coco wet, just water around the sprout and keep it nice and moist.

small plants - small watering

if it were me i'd give em about 3-4oz. of water and keep close track of them so they don't dry out. You want the medium wet but not super soaked. also thats a big pot so you dont want to get all of the coco wet, just water around the sprout and keep it nice and moist.

Thank you so much!

3snowboards

Reason for a solo cup now is that its easier to keep a small container the optimum amount of wet then a giant container
Coco needs to be kept wet or it will aquire an electrostatic charge or a positive ion something or other

troutman

Seed Whore
Just add water and stop misting for now. At this point not much water is needed.
Maybe a cup or two at most. Wait until the soil dries a little before adding more.

BigPhil

Veteran

Best advice so far. You don't want coco to dry out because that's when the salts in the feed can become a problem. water it every day. When the plant is big enough to wet all the coco, You want about 20% of what you water to come out the bottom. That will help flush out salt build up and help keep you're plant healthy. Don't over feed often less is more, Tastier buds better yields :)

HGCC

Interesting. The Youtube channel that I've used as kind of my guide said to always put autoflower beans straight into the big pot. Thanks for your tip.

Sorry I missed this, yeah, disregard my comment as autos are different and don't transplant well. Just water lightly per el gato.

Vandenberg

Don't kill em with kindness.
Many growers get to this point and decide that their should be some farming going on and proceed to duck around with there sprouts/ seedlings.

I prefer a bit of neglect tech where you water around the edges of the larger pot with the auto genetics and make the little fellars reach out and seek the water source with its newly forming roots.
Do not go overboard with the moisture initially and they should proceed to thrive.
I use a biological product called " Real Growers Recharge " that will stimulate the root system noticeably (among other benefits) after your first few true leaves have appeared with results similar to the great white brand of root stimulant but is a next level superior product, imho.
Patience is definitely a virtue at this stage of the game.

Vandenberg :)

Vandenberg :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts