What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ka5/VB/OTHxLieu Hanh and Vietnamese Black repro

SolarLogos

I am picking up my tent from my buddy's house today, so I started all the seeds of my Vietnamese Black. I will do a repro, make as many seeds as I can.
I tried the Ka5/VBxOTH a few more times and she is so nice compared to the first time I tried her. The first time I tried her, I had only slept a few hour the night before, so I thought she would keep me alert, but the combination of lack of sleep, lots of coffee and her was not that pleasant, too much nervous energy. Set and setting. She is still very potent, lots of waves of energy still from the chest to the top of the head. Trippy, psychedelic, euphoric and has legs. Not muddy, confusing or too complex of a high, but rather a good clear energetic high with nice VB happy vibes. The energy can get a bit intense, but a cure will just get better.
I started some seeds of Ka5/VBxOTH pollinated with Lieu Hanh (Nevil's haze x Vietnamese Black), so I will select a male and female. I re-vegged the mom, a Northern Lights pheno so if I can't find a compact suitable female, I will select a male to back cross into the mom. These have Vietnamese Black from 2 different sources/lines and 3 hazes, so selection should be interesting.
I'll document the grows here.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

F2F

Haha. This is going to be killer, and I’m sure very educational. Subbed. Go get ‘em Solar.

Cheers,
F2F

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah!!! black vietnamese should not die. GOOD LUCK! I hope MisterD is all right and is enjoying his namblack somewhere.. :respect: to you both.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very happy to see you are so busy with such interestingsativa projects friend ;)

Best wishes for upcoming pure VB and VB hybrids breeding and selections. Exciting times ahead!
A cross between Vietnam Black, Killer A5 Haze and Oldtimer's Haze sounds like music to my ears :)
Glad to hear the hybrid is potent, eletric and trippy, excellent genepool to look for these type of effects.

SolarLogos

Haha. This is going to be killer, and I’m sure very educational. Subbed. Go get ‘em Solar.
Cheers,
F2F
Thank you very much, you're very kind. I hope to keep things interesting, I've got lots of repros coming up; I've been asked to do an old Jamaican's Lambs Bread, a Laos and some Africans. I've got Oaxaca Gold I'll do an open pollination on early next season and search for potency. Thanks for coming along for the ride.
yeah!!! black vietnamese should not die. GOOD LUCK! I hope MisterD is all right and is enjoying his namblack somewhere..
respect.gif
to you both.
Thank you brother. I already have separated the green line and have a purple line, now to open pollinate the rest of the seeds, adding some of the green and purple lines back in.
Yes, I hope our friend Mr. D is doing well. I hope he shows up, he is surely missed.

oh I wanted to ask you Solar if you know by the chance, what black vietnames is used in Lieu Hahn?
It comes out of the land of oz. I understand a nevils haze and a VB were both selected for trippy effects and early flowering. I'll shoot you a pm, not sure I have permission to drop too many names on the board. Thanks:tiphat:

Very happy to see you are so busy with such interestingsativa projects friend ;)

Best wishes for upcoming pure VB and VB hybrids breeding and selections. Exciting times ahead!
A cross between Vietnam Black, Killer A5 Haze and Oldtimer's Haze sounds like music to my ears :)
Glad to hear the hybrid is potent, eletric and trippy, excellent genepool to look for these type of effects.
Thank Dubi, I'll get as much information as I can on the VB regarding the males and females. Keep an eye out for any interesting males/girls you might find interesting and let me know, it'll be a good time to start making selections and seeds outside of the open pollination

Peace, God bless

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Thank you brother. I already have separated the green line and have a purple line, now to open pollinate the rest of the seeds, adding some of the green and purple lines back in.
Yes, I hope our friend Mr. D is doing well. I hope he shows up, he is surely missed.

that purple one looks very beautiful. does it smoke as well as green one?

SolarLogos

that purple one looks very beautiful. does it smoke as well as green one?
Greeting brother. I would say that the two are very similar with one exception: the green is a little electric bordering on nervous energy, especially the 1st time I tried her. The purple didn't have the electric effect and is more mellow, but the high is as strong as the green. Both are very happy vibes and really good feeling. Mr. D did an outstanding job on the Ka5 x VB (green pheno) fem seeds. His skills and dedication really show in this hybrid. The plant I grew looked VB, smelled and tasted VB but larger resin glands. The effects were all VB, very potent and no nervousness, just happy effects. I crossed her with a VB green pheno so I can search through and find a male to back cross into another Ka5 x VB. I'll try to get to it soon so I'll have some standard seeds to spread around.
I have some Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh that just sprouted.

Here is a tip for anyone using the paper towel method. Put the paper towel with your seeds in it into an empty CD case and stand it up with the opening end facing down and the end with the volcano (that attached to the plant) facing up. The tails will grow straight down and not curl up around the seed, making it real easy to plant. My friend who showed this to me lets them stay in the paper towel until the shell and the membrane have come off of the cotyledons.

VBxLH

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your kind comments
Peace, God bless

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Hi Solar,

Great to see yr thread here.
Excited to see your work!
Happy summer solstice brother!
Much love

SolarLogos

Hi Solar,

Great to see yr thread here.
Excited to see your work!
Happy summer solstice brother!
Much love
Greetings brother, great to see you too. I pray you and your family are very well and enjoying peaceful times.
I made a last minute decision. While still continuing the repro on the VB, I also germinated some VB x LH. I pollinated my purple VB with dark Lieu Hanh pollen. I'll select a female to cross with the lime green Lieu Hanh. After that I'll have some LH seeds to spread around.
Peace, God bless

therevverend

Veteran
Hadn't looked at your pictures in quite a while. You've been busy this spring! The Viet Black looks great, forgot how frosty it gets. I like the CD seed germination, nice trick. I think you're closing in on what you've been looking for genetically.

SolarLogos

Hadn't looked at your pictures in quite a while. You've been busy this spring! The Viet Black looks great, forgot how frosty it gets. I like the CD seed germination, nice trick. I think you're closing in on what you've been looking for genetically.

Pulling up a seat for this one. Best of luck.
Thanks guys. It's always a pleasure to grow on here and share my garden with everyone. I learned a lot from last season, hopefully this season will contribute to the collective knowledge on here.

I've got a couple of other threads going, I should probably pull them all together into one thread. I've got some Khmer Gold I'm doing a repro on, some Zamal MC x Tom Hill Haze, a few (koh Chang Thai x Thai Stick)xTom Hill Haze, purple haze satellite, Honduran, Jamaica, Black Lime Reserve and a few other things going on.
Peace, God bless

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Greeting brother. I would say that the two are very similar with one exception: the green is a little electric bordering on nervous energy, especially the 1st time I tried her. The purple didn't have the electric effect and is more mellow, but the high is as strong as the green. Both are very happy vibes and really good feeling. Mr. D did an outstanding job on the Ka5 x VB (green pheno) fem seeds. His skills and dedication really show in this hybrid. The plant I grew looked VB, smelled and tasted VB but larger resin glands. The effects were all VB, very potent and no nervousness, just happy effects. I crossed her with a VB green pheno so I can search through and find a male to back cross into another Ka5 x VB. I'll try to get to it soon so I'll have some standard seeds to spread around.
I have some Vietnamese Black x Lieu H
Peace, God bless
that is interesting that it is so dominant. very inbred. it seems that MisterD suceed with that cross big time. hooooooo! Im too excited. electric effect.. that is what I need. I need electrifying my soul you know :D so you say if I will choose the male, it should be the green one for this purpose. ok :D did you find it trippy a little?

giphy.gif

SolarLogos

that is interesting that it is so dominant. very inbred. it seems that MisterD suceed with that cross big time. hooooooo! Im too excited. electric effect.. that is what I need. I need electrifying my soul you know :D so you say if I will choose the male, it should be the green one for this purpose. ok :D did you find it trippy a little?

View Image
The green one had an immediate onset, whereas the purple creeps up over 5-6 minutes. The following effects were upfront and noticeable, more so than with the purple: Time and spacial distortion, enhanced colors and dark spots off to the side periphery vision. Other than being more electric than the purple, they both have the same happy, feel good vibe. There may be a little edginess the first half hour the first time you smoke the green, but otherwise the effects are mostly as noted above.
Our mutual friend who found the Asian Beauty in the VB line told me 1 out of 10 of the VB are on the outer limits of exceptional, and 1 out of 5 on the LH. I crossed my purple VB with dark LH and those just came up. I'll be looking for a female worthy of being back crossed with some lime green LH pollen. So that is the plan.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

View Image
I'm sorry, I forgot one of the most important effects of this strain, audible enhancement. Perfect for appreciating music, hearing things you've never noticed before. It's easier to close your eyes and get lost in the music, almost like a lucid dream.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
great notes, great read Solar amigo. your work is very appreciated here :D respect. very special line for sure. I love music, listening to Ravi Shankar sitar playing now. Lucid! wow. you have some good plan, it would be honor for me to get my hands on some of your precious beans. our mutual friend told me that I will succeed with his asian beauty :D I have no doubts as I really like asian beauties.
giphy.gif

F2F

Hi Solar,

Perhaps not appropriate here so answer wherever you think best (I will PM you), but I’d be indebted to learn your tips/techniques for doing targeted pollinations with so many plants around and ensuring seeds in a given Bud/plant come from the intended pollen donor. Many thanks and stay safe!

Cheers
F2F

SolarLogos

great notes, great read Solar amigo. your work is very appreciated here :D respect. very special line for sure. I love music, listening to Ravi Shankar sitar playing now. Lucid! wow. you have some good plan, it would be honor for me to get my hands on some of your precious beans. our mutual friend told me that I will succeed with his asian beauty :D I have no doubts as I really like asian beauties.
View Image
Yellow fever they call it. I guess that is why I married one;)
Absolutely. You'll be one of the first to try them. Glad you are interested and I'm always happy to share. I will pay any amount necessary to cultivate, preserve and share these wonderful gems. I love sharing, but no bartering, no money... just the gift.
Peace, God bless

Latest posts

Latest posts