What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maui Dogg (aka West Maui Dogg)

SurfdOut

Veteran
Cool. I know where you got her but I have just heard conflicting things about that cut in specific from the Maui crew. That doesn't really matter as long as you like her.

Have a great weekend!

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
West Maui Dogg. Smells so so unique. One of my all-time favorites. To my nose she smells like black licorice and amaretto cookies. I haven't smelled any flower with this terpene profile, ever.

She's very susceptible to molds and mildew, but if you can keep her safe from those, she'll fill your personal stash jar with pure gold! :)

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=3004&pictureid=1962029&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=3004&pictureid=1962028&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

She sounds like a nice cut. How’s the buzz?

oldhaole

Veteran
Well Hell....I'm cleared! Finally!

This strain has been on Maui for quite awhile. It is as good as you say..... Greyskull got it from who knows where... maybe 6 years ago.

The backstory went he gave some guy a grand for the exclusive use of this cut. Upon payment the mold was broken. I have no idea how much truth is involved, but for the record Greyskull is a pretty straight up guy.

This is the second thread I've ever seen about the Licorice Dogg. Grey started the first. And you'll notice I call it something different....here it also goes by Kula Dogg, and Original Dogg.

This is the most tightly held strain in my bag. Greyskull asked me not to talk about it, and for 5 years I didn't. Now that he has moved on, he released me to do what I will with all the strains he's gifted me. So now I'm free to talk about it.

It's that good. In the Maui sun the plant grows tall, with big gaps between the flowers.... I know I have a pic around here somewhere.....

picture.php

There we go.... Grown last winter 2018.

My one beef with this plant.... it will not wax up. no matter how fresh it's blasted all you will get is goo. Granted, tasty wonderful goo.... but goo nevertheless.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you mean...has moved on?

I miss Greyskull. He's without question someone I consider a mentor. We still run crosses with GROM and Sour Dubb in them here. :respect:

I've also smoked Webb - which, if I remember correctly, was Skunk Dogg x HP13 - I could be wrong on that. It's been several year.

dank.Frank

oldhaole

Veteran
Elvis Has Left the Building.

Elvis Has Left the Building.

What do you mean...has moved on?

I miss Greyskull. He's without question someone I consider a mentor. We still run crosses with GROM and Sour Dubb in them here. :respect:

I've also smoked Webb - which, if I remember correctly, was Skunk Dogg x HP13 - I could be wrong on that. It's been several year.

dank.Frank

For various reasons, which I can't get into, a bunch of shit happened and Greyskull has left Maui for the greener pastures of Oklahoma....that's what I mean by moved on. This all happened about 3 months ago.

Talk to him regularly and he is doing something new....embracing the legal side of this little trip we do. He's happy and is doing well. Who knows, I can see a day where you can buy a cut of the Licorice Dogg direct from the man himself. Stranger things have happened.

And I too miss him. Not just for the strains he left behind but on a personal level. Good people like that don't come around every day.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greyskull is one of my favorite people in this business. Haven’t met him yet, but I look forward to it. And I’m NOT the meeting new people type of guy at all. Grey is exceedingly good people, though.

Vanilla Phoenix... the high is great and long-lasting. I smoked some grown on the island and it was way more potent than what I’ve achieved with her indoors so far. Still great indoors, though. But it’s that flavor! That flavor is what she’s about IMO.

This is also MY most tightly-held cultivar. It wouldn’t be worth too much to the commercial market anyway. It doesn’t look awesome in the bag to the average consumer. Good! They won’t be having access to it anyway. :) My people get the rare opportunity to get a taste, but most of it is saved for personal smoke and/or gifts to VIPs.

Well Hell....I'm cleared! Finally!

This strain has been on Maui for quite awhile. It is as good as you say..... Greyskull got it from who knows where... maybe 6 years ago.

The backstory went he gave some guy a grand for the exclusive use of this cut. Upon payment the mold was broken. I have no idea how much truth is involved, but for the record Greyskull is a pretty straight up guy.

This is the second thread I've ever seen about the Licorice Dogg. Grey started the first. And you'll notice I call it something different....here it also goes by Kula Dogg, and Original Dogg.

This is the most tightly held strain in my bag. Greyskull asked me not to talk about it, and for 5 years I didn't. Now that he has moved on, he released me to do what I will with all the strains he's gifted me. So now I'm free to talk about it.

It's that good. In the Maui sun the plant grows tall, with big gaps between the flowers.... I know I have a pic around here somewhere.....

View Image

There we go.... Grown last winter 2018.

My one beef with this plant.... it will not wax up. no matter how fresh it's blasted all you will get is goo. Granted, tasty wonderful goo.... but goo nevertheless.

DrLongbottom

Veteran
My I have what you cant have threads never get old.
Is there really any point here? or is it just a humble brag?

Casper808

Greyskull contributed choke to maui and was a shame to see him go .I have a feeling he will be back .Da west side dog or licorice or why evah u like call em is Supah mean.Ugly duckling and no commercial value at all,but for strength and unique taste it’s pretty mean.OH is on point .

Desert Dan

Veteran
:bump:

Anybody running the Maui Skunk Dog? Seems to be making its rounds as of late, but I’ve yet to come across any flower…

-DD

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have never had a plant with a black licorice smell and taste, I know there is countless possibilities for smell/taste but still it's fascinating to find plant with such specific olfactive qualities.
I dind't think so dense flowers could thrive without battling mold in the Hawaiian climate, maybe the gaps between flowers allow her to have enough air flow.