What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Highland Laos (Bohdi)

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Sativa Lovers,

I am proud to introduce the Purple/Green Highland Laos landrace hand collected by Bohdi from the Muang Sing woman tribe. He described these beauties as Jurassic dinosaur jungle food and looking at the pictures I am sure you will agree. Stay posted for updates on this special gift to my garden:woohoo:

I wood

Nice looking plants.

The lao highland didn't like my indoor set up too much, never really seemed to finish.
Six foot tall with see through buds made up of strings of foxtails. Flowered for 15 weeks.
The one I grew Was pretty mold resistant, making it through Apollo 11 and deathstar both bringing in powdery mildew, right next to it at separate times, unharmed.
Mine wasn't to flavorful (no proper cure) but had an electric buzz, made very motivational edibles.
Good luck with yours, looking good so far.

Manivelle

Veteran
i'm curious to see the result. and also curious to see the genetique dna profil as i know there is some modern strain growing in laos since few years.
i hope this is a "pure" one .

S

Stone House

Great to see the Highland Laos is doing well for you, can't wait to see how they finish.
I tried several times and methods to get these to germinate with no luck, landraces can be a pain to get to germinate sometimes.
At any rate I was planning to cross the Laos with a purple Pakistan Chitral Kush, should have made a nice cross. Both have same color phenos, both have close to the same smells. Main difference is one is pure sativa the other is pure kush.
I was going to order more seeds for a second try but I don't know who has any left.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
i'm curious to see the result. and also curious to see the genetique dna profil as i know there is some modern strain growing in laos since few years.
i hope this is a "pure" one .

Small scale farmers are less likely to be using hybrid genetics but these days there's no way to be sure. This strain is from the far north of Laos which isn't a huge production area, so if this strain isn't a pure SE Asian I don't know what is. The hill people have a recent origin in China, and by the looks of it so might their strains

I'll be watching with interest, that happens with most RC Colas' threads. :smoke:

Coughie

I'm tuned in for this one as well,
RC has some nice genetics getting worked!

Curious to see how this Bohdi Laos compares to the Viet-Laos by RSC that Purple Clouds just offered up on the Bay.. I happened to win a pack, which are from the Laos-side of the Viet-Laos border region

Manivelle

Veteran
Small scale farmers are less likely to be using hybrid genetics but these days there's no way to be sure. This strain is from the far north of Laos which isn't a huge production area, so if this strain isn't a pure SE Asian I don't know what is. The hill people have a recent origin in China, and by the looks of it so might their strains

I'll be watching with interest, that happens with most RC Colas' threads. :smoke:
i know laos really well and also know people living in north laos . and i know lots of lao people having family living in the us .
someone reported me haze are already there . and when they are somewhere they pretty quickly go everywhere . youngs are not like the old lao . things are changing fast.just watch video of vang vieng and you'll understand. this is why i doubt . not saying i'm sure 100% it is not a pure thai. let's hope wait and see. :tiphat:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Purple HL Laos update

Purple HL Laos update

Hola Jungle dwellers,

Here is a small update on the Jurassic Park Laos kindly gifted by bohdi...I have 5 males and 2 females confirmed. Here are a few shots of the select males and will provide some shots of the ladies once they are showing more...3 weeks into flower and they are reallllyyyy slow to show!

There is no sign of western influence showing in these, as I have never see this type of vigor or extreme growth pattern. We will see what the end brings;)

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

Last edited:

Samson4

Veteran
I cant wait to see some alien pistils. That plant looks like something Id avoid in nature.

RC_Colas

Veteran
Flowering Update - 5 Weeks

Flowering Update - 5 Weeks

Hola Amigos,

Well, this strain is the real deal, pure, and very special indeed...take a look at the flowers at 5 weeks from this 7ft beauty in a 5 gallon pot to keep size manageable...well sorta!

Thank you Bodhi for this special strain...well done Sir:)

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola meadowman,

Bodhi said he sourced it directly from a womans' Muang Sing tribe on his trip to Laos.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

she is beautiful! i'm curious if the HL thia is something bohdi sourced himself or maybe sativafiends.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Very nice bro and quite frosty as well for an untamed Laotian!

Looking forward to see how it finishes!

Peace.