What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

help me with this problem in 100 % coco ?

baxbax

hello , this plant is 28 days since sprout it was doing fine when I started it in fresh coco , but now I have deficiency in it , I feed ro water my last watering : ph in 5.9 ph out (run off ) 6.2

What Strain is it? Critical kush from royal queen seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? I think it is indica What percentages? ???
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 27 days since sprout
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? -----
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soilless 100 % coco coir
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 100% coco
If Soil... What Size Pot? 1 gallon fabric pot
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 65 watt cfl
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? btween 20 and 25
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40 to 50 percent
PH of Medium or Reservoir? watering with ph of 5.5 run off > 6.2
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? every 3 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
urea nitrogen 20 % > 1 ml per gallon
pk booster > 1 ml per gallon
general hydroponics bioweed > 1 ml per gallon
minerals complex (all trace minerals) > 1 ml per gallon
cal mag 1 ml per gallon
Size or Square Footage of Room? cabinet grow

plant at day 15 :

43tZqmU.jpg

day 28 :

Z7VoCyo.jpg

Jq6ztak.jpg

UlQnCEw.jpg

baxbax

5.5 in, 6.2 out...too high pH!

Are the rust spots mostly on the older lower leaves?

I watered 5.9 and still read 6.2 , when plant was 15 days old I was feeding 6.1 and run off was 6.8 ( picture ) , yes they are at lower leaves and new growth is looking fine as new grow start to grow , lower leaves become spotted .

Mg is locked out probably, as new growth develops the plant strips it from the lower leaves and you get those spots. Are you measuring the strength of your nutrients with a meter?

baxbax

Mg is locked out probably, as new growth develops the plant strips it from the lower leaves and you get those spots. Are you measuring the strength of your nutrients with a meter?

no , I started feeding by 1 drop of each nutrients when plant was little seedling and started as plant grow , These spots happen after I topped plant and flushed coco with 5.5 ph after this I saw these spots ,
I just flushed plant recently with 20 gallon of 5.5 ph ,today I watered with ph of 5.9 and 1 ml of calcium magnesium for each gallon .

beta

Veteran
Never ever ever water coco with plain water. ALWAYS water with nutrients. If you don't, you'll strip the cation bank.

I water plants from seed / clone through the beginning of flower with the same strength nutrient solution - 1.2-1.4EC. At least 2 times per day. It's that simple.

baxbax

after feeding with ph of 5.9 ( compare this to 5.5 I was doing before ) and good aount of calcium magnesium plants feel much better I can tell this just few hours after feed plant growing better . is it possible with my nutrient line I use or my stuff higher ph like 5.9 or 6.0 work better ? as it is pure coco

beta

Veteran
after feeding with ph of 5.9 ( compare this to 5.5 I was doing before ) and good aount of calcium magnesium plants feel much better I can tell this just few hours after feed plant growing better . is it possible with my nutrient line I use or my stuff higher ph like 5.9 or 6.0 work better ? as it is pure coco

Anything between 5.4 and 6.3 is fine. Your problem is not pH, your problem is feeding plain water to coco, which should never ever ever be done. Feed your plant 1.2-1.4 EC nutrient solution every time you water it, a minimum of twice per day. I guarantee your problems will go away.

BlindDate

Veteran
beta is correct...You are starving the plant. Hit it with full strength nutrients and who cares about the ph.

MickFoster

It's a calcium deficiency caused by using plain water and screwing up the cation exchange capacity. Beta is correct.

Filosofee

I think that might be phophorus deficiency. Do some more research on that. To fix your ph problem, never directly put ph down into the same gallon with nutrients. Add ph down in a separate cup of water then add to your gallon of nutrients.

beta

Veteran
I think that might be phophorus deficiency. Do some more research on that. To fix your ph problem, never directly put ph down into the same gallon with nutrients. Add ph down in a separate cup of water then add to your gallon of nutrients.

No offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about. Literally all of this is wrong.

Gregster

baxbax, get coco specific nutes, and a feed schedule. Follow the schedule until you get a handle on it.
Get some calmag and use it @ 3mls per gal,pH 5.8 is best in coco, don't worry about what's coming out,
because in coco you feed every day therefore you are always running fresh solution thru the coco purging the the spent solution .Good luck.