What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

Dreambig

I've got friends in pueblo,fremont, and El Paso counties. The ordinances And regs. Are so different from county to county. El Paso is the worst basically a 12 plant limit even for caregivers. Smh
Fremont county is pretty good though. Here's a link, section 7 and 8 are the interesting ones.
http://www.fremontco.com/planningandzoning/Home Cultivation of Marijuana042016.pdf

Do you guys ever hear about caregivers getting checked by the state or local regulators?

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Sounds like Pueblo county is not the place to be if you grow.

Perhaps a strong solution is to get all of these folks voted out of office that are against cannabis in any and all forms.

Any one ever had the thought yet of trying to run for an elected office to advance cannabis laws in a positive way, not the prohibitionists view....

R

Robrites

Colorado recalls 9 varieties of pot grown by Bud Cellar in Denver

Colorado recalls 9 varieties of pot grown by Bud Cellar in Denver

State marijuana regulators on Tuesday announced the recall of nine varieties of retail pot grown by Bud Cellar in Denver over concerns they were cultivated with a pesticide not approved for use on cannabis.

The recall — called a public health and safety advisory by pot regulators — is limited to certain varieties harvested on Feb. 4, according to the announcement by the Marijuana Enforcement Division of the Colorado Department of Revenue.

Regulators said lab tests found the presence of the pesticide avermectin during an investigation.

Bud Cellar is the business name for Kazimer LLC, which is licensed as a cultivation facility by the state, and licensed separately by the city.

The owners of the business on West Alameda Avenue could not be immediately reached for comment.

It was unclear whether the marijuana was already sold to retail establishments and, if so, to how many. Kazimer-grown marijuana is used in edibles, concentrates and smokable products.

PDF

R

Robrites

Avermectin From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Avermectin From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The avermectins are a series of drugs used to treat parasitic worms. They are a 16-membered macrocyclic lactone derivatives with potent anthelmintic and insecticidal properties.[1][2] These naturally occurring compounds are generated as fermentation products by Streptomyces avermitilis, a soil actinomycete. Eight different avermectins were isolated in four pairs of homologue compounds, with a major (a-component) and minor (b-component) component usually in ratios of 80:20 to 90:10.[2] Other anthelmintics derived from the avermectins include ivermectin, selamectin, doramectin, and abamectin.

Half of the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded to William C. Campbell and Satoshi Ōmura for discovering avermectin, "the derivatives of which have radically lowered the incidence of river blindness and lymphatic filariasis, as well as showing efficacy against an expanding number of other parasitic diseases."[3]

MileHighGlass

When will people quit trying to slide by with this shit?

You can google the list of approved pesticides. They know this, but choose not to.

I was checking it to see if Grandevo was on it, but it has been removed because of a label change. I love it when an omri product isn't allowed to be used.

The entire "grow" industry here in Colorado is fucked. The State is nothing more than the blind leading the blind.

There are a few people doing things "right", but all in all people don't have a clue.

How do you give yourself the title "grow master", but have to consult a list generated by the State to help you deal with a pest, or mold issue. Wouldn't a "grow master" have already dealt with these problems many years ago?

If a governing body ever comes up with a "grow master" test there will be a lot less "grow master's" in the world.

I don't think the "douche master"s" realize there is a "Master Gardener" test, and that giving themselves a title as such makes then look like idiots.

Man I have just been unloading lately. I'm sure I'm making new friends as we speak. :)

MileHighGlass

Baby steps though, we're writing the book as we're reading it.

Industrial agriculture has been around for a loooooong time. When I speak with Companies that make OMRI Ag products, insectaries, etc.. , and are now starting to see a lot more cannabis growers call them they all say the same thing, "these weed growers are trying to reinvent the wheel. They act like all of these problems haven't already been dealt with on a much larger scale."

I suppose you are sort of correct as the State needs to jump on board with regulations. Obviously when dealing with any Government entity things will take an extremely long time.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
You can google the list of approved pesticides. They know this, but choose not to.

I was checking it to see if Grandevo was on it, but it has been removed because of a label change. I love it when an omri product isn't allowed to be used.

The entire "grow" industry here in Colorado is fucked. The State is nothing more than the blind leading the blind.

There are a few people doing things "right", but all in all people don't have a clue.

How do you give yourself the title "grow master", but have to consult a list generated by the State to help you deal with a pest, or mold issue. Wouldn't a "grow master" have already dealt with these problems many years ago?

If a governing body ever comes up with a "grow master" test there will be a lot less "grow master's" in the world.

I don't think the "douche master"s" realize there is a "Master Gardener" test, and that giving themselves a title as such makes then look like idiots.

Man I have just been unloading lately. I'm sure I'm making new friends as we speak. :)

When will people quit trying to slide by with this shit?

You can lead a horse to water. But you can't make him drink.

Jhhnn

Veteran
It's words on a piece of paper just like the Constitution of the United states. It can and will change. No "please" necessary.

Please. The constitution can only be changed by constitutional means. They're laid out in the link I offered. Claims to the contrary are inaccurate.

The Denver City council just voted on a cap for stores, and grows. Seems timed with the busts of "illegal" grows as well.

The writing is on the walls, whether you want to admit it or not.

I am not ok with growing 6 plants. That wouldn't even touch my moms. What about pheno hunting, breeding, etc... The hypothetical 1/4 pound to 1 pound per plant bs needs to stop.

Plant numbers are arbitrary, and unnecessary. I was shucking seeds today and one plant that I got 200 seeds from maybe had 1/4 ounce of buds before I destroyed it.

6 plants via a64 is BS plain and simple.
I get all that. Just because the situation is not as you'd like it doesn't invalidate what A64 actually accomplishes. What's going on wrt caregivers & MMJ isn't a function of A64 at all but rather of the interplay between A20 & home rule provisions of the state constitution. That stuff was going on before A64. If the authorities are using A64 as an excuse, it's merely that, an excuse.

I don't even pretend to understand the ins & outs of that because I've never been a part of it. What I do understand is that this old hippie & my Deadhead wife grow more than we smoke from 6 flowering plants & do so w/o any apprehension about the law. We don't endure any bullshit to do it, either. Here in Denver I could toke up on my front porch with impunity.

There's still plenty of stupid shit about cannabis, no doubt, but there's less than ever before & that's a good thing overall.

MileHighGlass

Please. The constitution can only be changed by constitutional means. They're laid out in the link I offered. Claims to the contrary are inaccurate.

I get all that. Just because the situation is not as you'd like it doesn't invalidate what A64 actually accomplishes. What's going on wrt caregivers & MMJ isn't a function of A64 at all but rather of the interplay between A20 & home rule provisions of the state constitution. That stuff was going on before A64. If the authorities are using A64 as an excuse, it's merely that, an excuse.

I don't even pretend to understand the ins & outs of that because I've never been a part of it. What I do understand is that this old hippie & my Deadhead wife grow more than we smoke from 6 flowering plants & do so w/o any apprehension about the law. We don't endure any bullshit to do it, either. Here in Denver I could toke up on my front porch with impunity.

There's still plenty of stupid shit about cannabis, no doubt, but there's less than ever before & that's a good thing overall.

The Constitution doesn't have to be "changed" only a court ruling changing the "interpretation" of the meaning of the words on that piece of paper. That has been happening since there has been Constitutions.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i duno WHAT the future holds in terms the right to grow - but i think it pays to watch OTHER places - especially california. a year or 2 ago norcal was grow central, today many many counties and municipalities have outlawed outdoor growing. many properties had 50# outdoor grows on them last season, and this season are going unused entirely because of local restrictions.
do californians have 2 constitutional amendments protecting their right to grow? no

MileHighGlass

i duno WHAT the future holds in terms the right to grow - but i think it pays to watch OTHER places - especially california. a year or 2 ago norcal was grow central, today many many counties and municipalities have outlawed outdoor growing. many properties had 50# outdoor grows on them last season, and this season are going unused entirely because of local restrictions.
do californians have 2 constitutional amendments protecting their right to grow? no

In 2008,2009,2010, in Colorado(granted I wasn't living here) there were warehouses "fully protected" by the med law because they had enough paperwork on the wall. I remember seeing listings to get paid $300 if you will go to the doctor to get a high plant count.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with what they were doing, but the Med law does say "whatever is medically necessary." The only person who should decide that is a doctor. The State has no "legal" right to limit plant numbers. I believe that the same goes for zoning restrictions as that would be a City or County limiting what is "medically necessary."

They don't zone that you can only have 20 oxy's in a house at one time do they? :)

Jhhnn

Veteran
The Constitution doesn't have to be "changed" only a court ruling changing the "interpretation" of the meaning of the words on that piece of paper. That has been happening since there has been Constitutions.

The actual text of A64 renders that nearly impossible.

Page 3 sec. (3)-

http://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/Initiatives/titleBoard/filings/2011-2012/30Final.pdf

I don't think there's a lawyer alive who could dance their way around that. Anything else is Chicken Little.

I realize that different jurisdictions are playing stupid games w/ caregivers. It's one of those last ditch attempts to maintain control over what will become increasingly uncontrollable under legalization. It's not like the cops think they're saving the children from the evils of marijuana when it's available over the counter, either.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In 2008,2009,2010, in Colorado(granted I wasn't living here) there were warehouses "fully protected" by the med law because they had enough paperwork on the wall. I remember seeing listings to get paid $300 if you will go to the doctor to get a high plant count.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with what they were doing, but the Med law does say "whatever is medically necessary." The only person who should decide that is a doctor. The State has no "legal" right to limit plant numbers. I believe that the same goes for zoning restrictions as that would be a City or County limiting what is "medically necessary."

They don't zone that you can only have 20 oxy's in a house at one time do they? :)

yhea, and this candy bill about the shape of edibles; can't you still buy CANDY CIGARETTES?

yhea, those were the days, 2008-2010 and everything before hb-1284 passed.
i was here, i was running one of those "legal" and completely un-regulated warehouses.... there was little to no regulation, oversight, or enforcement of the regulations or in response to oversight. MED barely existed, the biggest "problem" was the time it took for people to receive their red cards. it's not that warehouses were "fully protected" - far from it, they were simply left alone, the state had NO IDEA what to do with us. rather than protected, i'd say it was ignored - or just data collection period to figure out exactly HOW the fuck to regulate this thing that "THEY" (legislators) had no fucking clue at all about. and "enough paperwork on the wall" was really just one piece of paper, iirc it was an "amendment A" form which was simply an application for an offsite grow, that in addition to the application for the license was "all the paper work" needed.... that's right, the APPLICATION acted as the LICENSE. and noone actually came looking for the "papers on the wall" until after 1284 passed and the state had figured out how to return and application with an actual license.

how "far" we have come, eh?

back then.... that was embryonic, and it is very hard not to be nostalgic or even reactionary (and try to return to those days, which sadly are long gone by now).

BUT, until recently there has been NO testing requirments for med, only rec. that means all the "medicine" in the industry was not even checked for pesticide residual... that only came about for rec (the mandatory testing, which now has been expanded to include med).
so during those "good ole days" were pumping out gnarly product with no oversight or recourse for people spraying the nasties up till bloom. at least THAT has changed..... if it weren't for educated growers with ethics - the "boss obeyers" would be spraying eagle on crops left and right at week 8 until 1284 passed.
that's one one of the ONLY silver linings in this whole regulatory scheme for the end user - at least there is SOME oversight now on quality

and that whole thing "the only person who should decide how many plants you can grow is your doctor" - THAT RIGHT THERE is your affirmative defense. IF you have a doc that believes you NEED to grow a certain amount, and that doc shows up and tells a judge and jury that... you will most likely avoid problems.
my experience tells me that by the time you get in front of a judge and jury with your doc the cops have already long cut your garden down and ruined your source of medicine - the fact remains that patients HAVE recieved $ repayment for plants that have wrongly cut down.... and not long ago there was a bill or something that moved to lower the maximum amount a plant can be worth for re-payment, which says to me that the state and localities are all sick of paying out so much for plants taht are wrongly cut down of patients who are willing to fight it in court.
my personal feelings were that once my garden was destroyed by police the damage was already done - who knows? if i had decided to fight it instead of plea bargaining and paying the fines i might be receiving a payout by now - probably not tho, most likely would just be waiting on another court date or something stupid.

Jhhnn

Veteran

Use Google Earth to check out the street view of the address.

There's no cover at all. The cops can get right up your ass from a mile away. They can walk right up to the place from any direction. They could have been watching the comings & goings for months. Add nosy neighbors, too much traffic, out of state plates, poor odor control & an inexpertly twiddled electrical box...

Now the cops have phone & internet records...

Any members who have any ties to any of these folks being busted in Pueblo need to re-evaluate their own security, pronto.

MileHighGlass

These "illegal" grows could be curbed if the State would allow growers to sell to Dispensaries.

In Oregon you can be an ommp grower and sell to the Medical Dispensaries.

Most, not all of the problem would be solved. You will always have greedy people, but for the ones that just love growing they would be more than happy. Also the dispensaries could have boutique high end product on their shelves.

Win-win if you ask me.

I find it funny that the State wouldn't do something like this because they will say people can take advantage of the system, but there are still so many stores selling product out the back door.

Silly bitches. :)

Seriously though, they need to allow small time growers to "legally" enter their product into the medical, or retail market. It's just fucking ridiculous.

No one would allow the State to say you couldn't sell your extra tomatoes at a farmers market would they?

Unfortunately the dispensaries would see this as a threat. Ironic because having quality product on their shelves would help boost their profile.

R

!RA!

These "illegal" grows could be curbed if the State would allow growers to sell to Dispensaries.

In Oregon you can be an ommp grower and sell to the Medical Dispensaries.

Most, not all of the problem would be solved. You will always have greedy people, but for the ones that just love growing they would be more than happy. Also the dispensaries could have boutique high end product on their shelves.

Win-win if you ask me.

I find it funny that the State wouldn't do something like this because they will say people can take advantage of the system, but there are still so many stores selling product out the back door.

Silly bitches. :)

Seriously though, they need to allow small time growers to "legally" enter their product into the medical, or retail market. It's just fucking ridiculous.

No one would allow the State to say you couldn't sell your extra tomatoes at a farmers market would they?

Unfortunately the dispensaries would see this as a threat. Ironic because having quality product on their shelves would help boost their profile.

Very well put MHG, but stupidity and greed trump common sense every time.

Latest posts

Latest posts