What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

OZZ_

Veteran
4 weeks into 11/13 and phenotypes are starting to show themselves.

I had to change the res this weekend so I decided to let the plants dry out for a full 24 hours before flipping on the new res. I like to do that every so often when I keep the plants small, as in the autopots there’s a constant water table in the trays.

As such some of the plants look a little thirsty in these pics, particularly the Thai pheno as you’ll see

Zamaldelica elite #1

She’s a large robust plant with a strong open frame. She is stacking the heaviest…. Or I guess I should say she is furthest along in development at this stage with her budsites already almost joining together. She will definitely be forming large colas. Likely will be the highest yielding plant in the tent.

94562715-48E5-4925-B28D-E575B8DD2B00.jpeg

B23001EA-8A4D-4E20-805E-44F7B61E6E54.jpeg

Zamaldelica elite #2

This is the lobsided girl due to a pruning mishap early on. My mistake …. As such it’s hard to compare her structure but she is one of the tallest of the bunch, equally as tall as the Thai pheno. Nice large budsites as well. Will also be forming impressive colas.

3B8F4297-8A96-4839-94D4-F16D90DDBD78.jpeg

B77C186E-516E-4BB9-9494-E9200A6266B9.jpeg

Zamaldelica elite #3

This pheno was the most nitrogen sensitive early on, showing slight clawing as a seedling. Next to #4 that to me seems like a Thai pheno type, she is one of the slower flowering plants in the bunch with more petite and delicate floral formations.

3FA48B18-1498-4E9D-A44F-55AB8BCC4DF6.jpeg
AB0D0E82-55F6-4858-8FDE-D1E852B3DE32.jpeg

Zamaldelica elite #4

This is the slowest of all 6 plants in the tent. She has long delicate flower formations and extremely long thin fan leaves. While pheno #3 is the most nitrogen sensitive exhibiting clawing early on ….. this pheno is the most sensitive to the current overall EC of 1.5 showing the most tip burn warning me to not progress any higher with nute strength. I’m assuming she is a Thai pheno, but I am simply judging by photos seen online here not from personal experience. Forgive her droopy appearance, she was thirsty here …. As mentioned I let all the plants dry out for about 24 hours before these pics so I could clean out their trays and take these photos

9C405504-DE9C-494E-81E7-B404B6E6EE54.jpeg

BB520B91-9BC5-48F7-9158-E2C31DB52980.jpeg

Zamaldelica elite #5

This is the low profile plant that wants to grow out horizontally like a branchy jungle bush. Strong floral formations … although not quite to the extent of #1 and #2

7DC951A2-8256-4D62-BEAB-8DFAF879C015.jpeg

9CD7E985-565C-4FFF-953F-3848EF74F8CD.jpeg

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Zamal A 75%

Wide open structure. Strong floral formations but with different pistils than the elite line plants (except for the Thai pheno). Slightly more sensitive to nitrogen she clawed slightly early on as well. She had a very minor case of the very very early stages of lockout with light yellowing threatening to creep in, which is why I cleaned all the trays out. Sometimes in the autopots if a little debris gets into the bottom of the tray it can start decomposing throwing off the PH in the tray itself affecting the plant. I expect her to fully recover now that the trays are cleaned and with fresh nutrient solution

D1302597-11D6-435D-AF39-D99FB1F39562.jpeg

B44AA4CD-283F-4D7B-BCD5-5CDDA7706584.jpeg

And a few full tent shots

138F0D21-904D-413C-9053-E9403E98E7F5.jpeg

715E60CE-D4B3-4991-A4AE-FC81188BED9F.jpeg

tjmccoy

Veteran
Final harvest @ 17 weeks of the 3 remaining long flowering phenos, they could have went longer but decided to pull them. They could have finished faster I’m sure, I flowered them prior to sexual maturity and they were in a big 90 gal container that was very nutrient rich too much early on so I think these things attributed to the longer flowering.

But wow did we get some giant colas! I’m in sativa heaven right now!

Currently hanging like bats 🦇 🦇 🦇 lol
Left 3 Zams - Right 2 HxP
00C0E0EC-485F-450A-B622-20C166D54FFF.jpeg
230E96C3-D598-4167-B672-CA583D0AB532.jpeg
CCFB3917-AE0E-45FE-885A-11F94088C801.jpeg

goingrey

Final harvest @ 17 weeks of the 3 remaining long flowering phenos, they could have went longer but decided to pull them. They could have finished faster I’m sure, I flowered them prior to sexual maturity and they were in a big 90 gal container that was very nutrient rich too much early on so I think these things attributed to the longer flowering.

View attachment 18822617 View attachment 18822618 View attachment 18822619
I believe the correct term is for this kind of floral morphology is DONKEY DICKS. Amazing.

OZZ_

Veteran

View attachment 18822617 View attachment 18822618 View attachment 18822619

Amazing is right. Nice work!!

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 49 on the Zamaldelica pheno hunt. I culled a couple plants so figured an update here away from my main thread was appropriate.

For now, I culled the Zamal A 75% plant as it was pushing nanners, she wasn’t burning up too badly on me but I suspect my current EC of 1.7 - 1.8 was too high for her. I’m holding the mother plant back…. when I pop the other Zamal A 75% beans from the breeders pack I will re-run this plant alongside them with a lower EC, maybe around 1.5ish … she seemed happy there.

Also removed was Zamaldelica Thai pheno #4 … due to her less than desirable flower to leaf ratio.

That leaves me with three very nice elite phenos and one extremely nice Thai leaner that I’ve been told resembles GT?? I haven’t ran GT before so cannot be sure on that.

Now that there are two less plants in the tent I was able to space these gals out nicely and get them staked up. I’m sure they’ll love the extra breathing room and it will allow them to show their best for the rest of the grow with better light penetration.

Here’s the tent as it sits, I still need to stake up that one branch that’s leaning off to the right on that Thai pheno (front right), but will get to that this evening.

43DF92A4-DD4E-42EE-8A33-BED57957938E.jpeg

All three elite phenos have a similar scent profile. I haven’t been able to pinpoint it really yet, I’m going to try to get in there and do another round of scent profiling but I’m not really getting mango or carrot on the elite phenos.. As I mentioned in my pheno hunt thread, so far it’s a very complex profile that’s hard to pinpoint. I have been describing it as floral upfront but with a creamy sweetness to it. This sweetness sticks on your hands and lingers for hours. It’s really lovely and quite loud. I’ve been describing it as vanilla, but Last night Mrs OZZ came out and sat down next to me and the same scent smacked me in the face….. turns out her cocoa butter lotion smells exactly like this sweet profile I’m getting off of them …. Which is more pronounced in #2

Zamaldelica elite #1

Dark green leaves, great structure and good yields. Vigorous and strong … currently I’m eyeing her for top pick. This plant stacks well, vegges fast and has no trouble with the EC at these levels. Keep in mind I flipped all these plants when they were only 8” tall.

86890E07-F79C-414B-8D96-4CC37A1814C0.jpeg

9F6D0548-67AB-4BB7-8240-D82130DBAC1E.jpeg

Zamaldelica elite #2

The tallest and stretchiest of the three elite phenos. Also the one with the most pronounced vanilla/cocoa butter sweetness on the backend of its scent profile. Lighter green leaves than the other two. It seems to be slightly lower yielding than the otherctwo elite phenos.

EED88D2F-F9B4-449E-B323-DB848B0B8D33.jpeg

B1F48C4B-3318-4742-BAFE-0A1F29450F9B.jpeg

Zamaldelica elite #3

This is the plant that had the low profile, compact but horizontal branching structure. Originally I didn’t like her because of that growth pattern. While pruning I actually used my LST clips in reverse to push her branches UP and in rather than down and out. However now she is really putting on a show. It’s hard to tell from this pic but she is just stacking like crazy. Her branches are loaded and very heavy with big dense buds even though she is the smallest of the three elite phenos. Very sticky as well. Dark green leaves. All three elite phenos are frosting up nicely.

16C5FB9B-98F6-45E1-B2F5-B759147A6233.jpeg

Zamaldelica Thai pheno

I absolutely love this plant. Tall and vigorous, yet elegant and she’s forming long elegant spear shaped colas all the way from the bottom to the top of her main leads. Scent profile is now carrot-cat piss. Early on it was straight carrot. No sweetness at all. Now there’s an ammonia / cat piss smell growing that’s equally strong. Great great plant can’t wait to see how these all smoke.

7CC2032C-84A5-42C8-948B-340CF9C1A161.jpeg

D8A5E14F-9E07-4DED-8B2E-E252EF7CE4A6.jpeg

A635D258-7711-4F0F-BC7D-30F87F1C9F3C.jpeg

funkyhorse

It is very interesting to note that different environments get different results
Hermaphroditism is in the breeders pack and it seems to manifest itself differently
All the girl plants that hermied in my environment, grew male balls, not bananas/nanners
I got LGBT girls in the Elite F1xF2, Thaidelica and Double Zamal
Zamal A girls are firm here.

Dubi, dont be shy, keep bringing all your hermie shit, whatever is making it to the finnish line is decent. If customers like it more or less it is just a matter of tastes

So if we talk about taste, I like sativas, I like brick weed. I dont like to smoke or vape hashplants/rosin plants

Elite F1xF2 is hashplant and has the loudest smells of the breeders pack. F3 Zamal/Thai with similar plant structure as the F1xF2 has a little more sativa smells.
F3 Zamal/Thai is prone to mildew here, it is amazing to see how potassium soap washes it away and it is even more amazing to see that nobody suggests the use of it and instead sulfur or gypsum are reccomended which makes absolute no sense at this part of the world. Local agronomy engineers dont get this sulfur/gypsum thing, it is nonsense here

So this is the first time I get a hashplant to mature and finnish in my environment
God gives bread to the ones who have no teeth. I dont crave for hashplants and real sativas are very elusive on the market
Elite F1xF2 This girl should be getting medals at any cuntnnabic cup with unbiased judging at hashplant category
F1 x F2 (10).jpeg
F1 x F2 (9).jpeg
F1 x F2 (8).jpeg
F1 x F2 top shot (2).jpeg
F1 x F2 (1).jpeg
F1 x F2 (2).jpeg
F1 x F2 (6).jpeg
F1 x F2 (7).jpeg

@dubi
I am interested to grow some of the sativa genetics you hold but I dont like the way they are being released
I would like to grow your pure Congo but not crossed with Bangi Haze. I would like to try your pure Mauritius and Angola as well and I guess your preservation fridge is Disneyland for me and must have plenty of amazing sativa attractions for growers at high humidity environments like the weed from Poligono da maconha which I guess is paraguayan adapted to the equator
Any chance of doing small limited packs of some of these strains or making pure sativa x sativa crosses without indica contamination for the sativa fans who have the environment to grow them?
I have nothing against Nevil nor Holland, but dutch weed dont perform well here, need too much maintenance, dutch weed is hashplant

Anywhere in the planet you can grow bananas, you can grow pure sativas and taming only ruins them
Banana.jpeg

OZZ_

Veteran
Uggghh…. There’s always one 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Zamaldelica elite #1

The more mature this gal gets and as I move her in and out of the tent I am getting some fruity notes wafting through the air…. And the floral tones are changing a bit too.

Really like this plant. Pictures at day 54 here, you can see by the various cola shots the plant is maturing in an irregular fashion. Some colas have pistils nearly all matured, some colas are more immature still, some are in between and some are reflowering. I expect a 10-11 week finish on this plant but we will see maybe it will be closer to 10

6A6FCBEB-3EE0-4EAF-B55B-A6B040A133BC.jpeg

91E2DD1A-156D-4EA3-8FE2-5BB5B2FC6740.jpeg

01F9A9D0-35A8-4060-A1A2-DA3CC385EED5.jpeg

8CF15AFC-9476-4B80-A1C9-62AF026B34DF.jpeg

6BCA0890-392A-43BD-8412-C696A25FA135.jpeg

F8C16FAC-5B71-406C-B834-D8CB5BA2088F.jpeg

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Zamaldelica thai leaner

Carrot cat piss all day long baby! Haha I’m very excited about this plant and it makes me excited to run the Zamal/Thai line. Very distinct fresh carrot terps with a cat piss or ammonia type backend. She’s going to go awhile, could be looking at a 12-14 weeker here I think but same as before we will see :dance013: :headbange :headbange

360D1B86-9FBC-4AA8-91BE-6FDAA5C75D70.jpeg

40501A9F-887E-49EB-9A22-5E5B975E4E64.jpeg

BA71123B-6CBC-4209-A8FA-9E0DBE5A4245.jpeg

8B5C3A39-8D9B-4582-BEFD-3EBE501D85F8.jpeg

Whole tent shot. The four plants are happily spaced out and chewing up the 700-900 ppfd I now have them at. Temps are around 80-82 degrees, 1.65ish EC.

3C19DCAB-70D5-40E7-86FC-C266C37125A8.jpeg

Last edited:

funkyhorse

It is very interesting to see the differences indoors and outdoors.
I am running the Zamaldelica breeders pack full and I am interested in the different experiences of other growers in different environments/continents with the same genetics. I just report what I have. If it is a sativa or a hashplant I report as well
I grew and keep growing many different Zamal and I find intersex is common in all the Zamal lines, so it must be a trait of the genetics
And in general intersex lines are much better than the rest, this has been my experience so far growing
If you grow outdoor weed indoors or you grow indoor weed outdoors is possible to find intersex issues specially with Zamal
Zamal A no intersex at all in my greenhouses, no rot, no fungus no problems. These are the semiauto phenos, 3 meter tall plants. They are outdoor plants grown outdoors, they are happy
Zamal A (7).jpeg

Zamal A girl 1 is making foxtails
Zamal A 1 (2).jpeg

I chopped this lower branch containing these small flowers and I got 20 grams of dried flower from a lower branch!, I cant imagine how much productivity I will obtain from them, but certainly my most productive plants ever
Zamal A girl 2
Zamal A 2.jpeg
Zamal A 2 (2).jpeg

F3 Zamal Thai is very difficult for me in my environment, it makes powdery mildew easily in high humidity. The taming causes problems here like budrot. Happens with all the indicas here, they always show their influence
This is indoor weed done outdoors
F3 zamal Thai 1 budrot.jpeg

Or powdery mildew, cant keep away with potassium soap at this stage so they got the chop
F3 zamal Thai mildew (2).jpeg

It makes charas easy, very sticky weed

For me it is an amazing chance to try quality modern weed. It is not of my liking much like sativas but having top notch samples is not bad at all. All my neighbours crave for this type of weed, I clearly look for high humidity jungle type sativas without indica taming in it because I will get the best results with that kind of weed here.
F3 zamal Thai girl 2 got the chop, just a few lower bud PM and no rot in this one
F3 zamal Thai 2 (3).jpeg
F3 zamal Thai 2  (1).jpeg

OZZ_

Veteran
Zamaldelica elite phenos have been chopped!

The sweet portions of the terp profiles have most definitely changed to become very fruity but not a dark fruit like grapes or berries….. more along the lines of bright tropical fruit. Mango or fruit cocktail fits the description to my mind. The floral component is still there also. Tropical fruits and flowers. Very nice!

I took an early tester off of the elite #2 pheno last night. Through the vape it had a nice flavor and came on fast. My tolerance has weakened as we have had some family stuff going on so I have not had much time to smoke over the last few weeks but that said this is wonderfully heady smoke. Energetic but not speedy, all in the head too I noticed no body to it hardly at all if any, however that may change with cure. Very potent as well it can hold its own as far as general overall potency goes with many of the modern hybrids I’ve been growing recently. Hots you right between the eyes and stays there all in the head.

Great smoke and she is the pheno I so far like the LEAST as far as growth and floral production are concerned anyway.

Here’s a few pics of elite #1….. this is my favorite pheno out of the elites. I can only hope she smokes as well as the sample I had last night off of #2.

IMG_8126.jpeg

IMG_8127.jpeg

IMG_8128.jpeg

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
The GT-thai pheno now has the entire 4x4 to herself, probably another month on her she just shy of 11 weeks. Her terp profile has evolved too. The carrot and ammonia/Catpiss is still there but it’s now matched with the same floral component the elite plants have. Can’t wait to compare these all.

This plant grown out by herself in this tent from the beginning, and vegged much longer would be very impressive, I bet she would put out huge colas as these are approaching baseball bat sized already and I flipped these all very small since it was a pheno hunt 🤘🤘

IMG_8204.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts