What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS Cabinet (w/ pics)

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
great setup, i love those homemade cool tubes. I made one that looks just like that. For the cost, you could make'em and double the price and sell'em no problem.

NOKUY

Veteran
Big Bud Bear said:
is that 6inch or 8 inch ducking?

if your refering to the duct going to the cool tubes (I figure ya are) its 4"

the hurricane glass is the bigger of the 2 sizes that the hobby stores sell, and they were on sale 2 for price of 1 ...so only it was only $4.99 for BOTH.

4 inch duct fits just inside the glass perfectly.

and your right they could be made and sold really easy.

NOKUY

Veteran
Just a quick update:

I got the cab all sealed up and door hardware and cabinet locks installed.

I decided to hinge and lock the utility room door for easier access.

I used 2 locks on the flower room door (top and bottom). Makes it more secure, plus seals it up really tight.

SeriousNerd

Hey,

I love your cab! I've already saved this thread and am going to shamelessly copy your design as soon as I move to a place that's big enough so I don't have to put it in the living room ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the buds you'll be growing in there :lurk:

hidingtree

OH MY !,yukon your cabinet is awsome . you are quite the handy andy . i love how you and mtn john use the closet flanges for the 4 " duct works and what not . all i can say is thanks ... cuz i didn't think of that one ! now i'll definitely use one when i'm ready to build a new stealth cab . nice work . quality . thanks for sharing with us . many blessings , hidingtree.

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
Good work my alaskian king, so what did you use to make the doors of the cab air tight and light proof?

Bonzo

Veteran
YUKON!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hats off to ya bro, that is one heck of a beautifull cab, ireally like the fact that you biult it in panels and disassemble and move fairly easily. I biult my cab the same way zip zip with a screw gun and its ready to move, love it bro! Great documentation as well, no doubt this thread will help a ton of people give their own a shot.

Totally bitchen bro, cant wait to see some buddage in it!!!!!!

peace and love

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NOKUY

Veteran
NiteTiger said:
Tempurpedic, which is what you'll need in about 8 weeks :joint:

:D

tempurpedic...yep thats the one...thanks NT!... I might have lost some sleep LOL.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
That's me, the fount of useless knowledge :D

I mean seriously, why would I need to know that a goat's pupils are square? :bat:

G

oh man lookin awsome. i was waitin for an update.. looks good.. i see your entered in the 1oz grow comp.. or you just messin around? anyways nice lookin plants. i'll be watching. love your grow cab.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Looks good with those ladies in there. Finished my cab. today, should be up and running next week. I'm having a little problem with the duct hose that hooks up to the cool tube, that duct hose doesn't like to bend as much as I need so I'll have to take it apart and trim some off. I only have one 150 in it and it's awesome, I can't even imagine how bright 2 150's must be!
Thanks again for the help NOKUY.

B/R

roor69

:yoinks:

Yukon I have been reading about your most outstanding cabinet that you built and I would like to ask a few questions if I may?

1. How can your cabinet design be adapted to a organic soil grow setup rather than a hydroponics system?

2. Do the air intakes require some sort of debris filter to prevent unwanted things to get sucked up into the the cabinet?

3. Do you think that a single bulb 400 watt HID light with the cool tube setup would create too much heat within your cabinet design?

and finally

4. How is the air scrubber unit incorporated into your system?

Thanks and much love

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
"1twistedtrucker", "drrico", "roor69" :wave: thanks for stoppin by guys...I'll have some updated pics in the next day or 2.

"roor69" I'll answer your questions as best I can :D

1-my current plants in flower are in soil right now...they are in the same size container as the hydro res. that I put together in the thread. It's just a shallow 30qt rubbermaid bin....reason why I dont have the hydro going right now is that I wanted to flower these 4 plants, and they were in soil, and vegged for 2+ months, really bushy from taking tons of clones, off 'em. next flower run will be hydro. (ill post pics of them in the soil when I update...so stay posted)

2-There are no filters on the air intakes into the cab or on the cooltubes which the air is all pulled through...I suppose u could, but I have seen no debris anywhere that I woulden't want it

3-in my cab a single 400 probably would be too much...one reason I went w/ (2) 150's is that I can keep them really close to the plants, and that keeps my height of the cab down...also they spread a really nice even light over the whole canopy ...not that a 400 wouldent, but the 150's stay cooler, and I can get them closer...in a slightly bigger cab a 400 would be great.

4-my carbon scrubber is not hooked up yet, but it connects to a 6" PVC elbow on the back of the cab where my fan exits...right now it's just blowin into the room.

I hope that helps...ask away if there is anything else
-yukon

Last edited:

mtnjohn

Veteran
great thread and cab bro....really nice work
just dont forget to keep us updated ...

i wanna see action baby..yea :woohoo:

:sasmokin:
mj

roor69

Thanks for your responses Yukon, I'm glad that you are willing to share your thoughts about your cabinet with us.

I have some more questions for you.

1. How many cubic feet per minute is your squirrel cage exhaust fan?

2. In what ways can your cabinet be enlarged to accommodate a larger and hotter 400 watt HID lamp in a cool tube setup?

and

3. After making your electrical panel for your cabinet, how might you make it differently if you would make it again, knowing what you know now.

Thanks again, Yukon,

-Roor69