What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Security before Charity!!....Please Read!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's no big deal to have it sent to the real name of the person living at the safe addy, they can still claim it was unsolicited mail. in case they need to, as long as it really is a safe addy with nothing to hide, they can't do shit.

G

wow thats shocking bold statment Makes Master Thai so Sad

wow thats shocking bold statment Makes Master Thai so Sad

]Master Thai always happy
Always Mellow

peace,
MT

Last edited:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Master, don't let someone get next to you like that, getting you all upset. Have no idea why that was posted, surely does not describe you...perhaps someone else who had received them was the one offering them to cooter, anyhow, thanks so much again Master Thai for the freebies you sent in...many moons ago now, they were nice ones for sure, and there's some lucky folks out there to have received them as a freebie. Much :respect:

:wave:
dg

it's a sad reality . . . but it is a reality . . . there's no escaping the fact that there are predators out there . . .

our old friend Milly Blunt once made the point that it's prudent to be MORE afraid of shady predators than of LEO . . . the original post was on cannabis world . . . and it’s long lost now . . . but it was very powerful and all we can do is summarize it here . . .

Here’s one thing to consider . . . LEO usually follows SOME rules (even if they do try and stretch them as far as they can) . . . while a criminal in your house isn't bound to follow any rules . . .

it's not terribly likely that your womenfolk will be raped by a police officer . . . but it's something that is much more likely to happen with a predator . . . resist a police office and you'll likely experience some rough treatment . . . resist a thug and you might end up dead . . .

There are dangerously unhinged people out there who are waiting to rip you off . . . or worse . . . so please be careful out there folks!

weednfeed420

Good Lookin Out!!

Good Lookin Out!!

Thank you for your in-site. It is good to know people are aware of the risks of being caught on the interenet with there footprints and IP adresses. Keep the bowl green and your heads up

G

guest123

heres one more to add ,, its an illegal activity growing cannabis ,, we all know that when we begin ,,
having said that , bit hard to cry when u are busted , given u knew the job was hard when u took it on ...
best case scenario is put away some of them bux just incase ...
we usually only have ourselves to blame for a bust , so we shouldnt expect others to come to our rescue ..
always plan for the worst .. it may never happen , but at least your covered ...

about time !

about time !

I love the place and all, but I think we are too casual.

I've been saying you people are are crazy for years to interact with random people on the forums in real life. That's WHAT the forum is for.. not having to ever know each other. This is FIRST and foremost an information gathering site. Even sponsers are a serious risk really. The market is strong I don't think we need businsses and information forums even RUN by the same peoples. Better to let board members advice tell people where to shop. It's just safer that way, we saw what happened to OG.

Those who need anonymous surfing check out the Tor network.

They have the Videlia bundle for FireFox and Opera browsers. I recommend setting up a browser just for all the sensative surfing, that way you don't even have to remember to hit the Tor button, it's just always on.

Videlia will setup anonymous surfing using Tor for you, just click NEXT.

If that's not enough try an out of country VPN connection from a place with a good reputation and log policies. Findnot.com is a good one this encrypts all traffic and they take money orders for payment.

Best of all, borrow your neighbors wireless connections for this type of surfing and run through tor, go to the internet cafe, sit near a hotel parkinglot many have open wireless networks though some will notice if you're in plain site using your laptop.

Tor is good, but hardly invincible and in some ways the use of any anonymizing technology brings attention to yourself in the sense that intelligence agencies are mining ALL anonymous networks to some degree. I doubt anything YOU need to worry about, but you should keep in mind.

I prefer the VPN solution as you appear more or less as a businesses customer and it's faster however, you are putting all your trust in one provider instead of the randomness of TOR and it's not free. BUT you are encrypted through VPN.

You could setup a computer at some 'friends' house and remote into it and surf through that also. It's pretty easy to setup with a dynamic DNS and log in through remote desktop or VNC then surf through some proxy from there.

The benefit of encryption is that the ISP cannot peak into your packets, even law enforcement can't see what your looking at.

I think the only practical advantage of tor or VPN is if the forums server gets investigated and traffic is lgoged and tor serves that well enough by ensuring your IP isn't in some place that might get busted.

If anyone is really watching then you're already under investigation most likely. So in many ways encryption is not needed unless you suspect your ISP might spy on you. Therefore most people are fine with Tor or even a trusted online proxy though most clearly say they will give up information to police if they ask under 'good faith'. Stay away from those.

If you want to do the research look for proxies in coutries with the least privacy regulation or in places where what you want to do is legal.
Proxies in the major UN countries are almost certainly more monitored.

You know you have a good proxy, when you go to do a google search and it says it thinks you are infected with a virus please confirm you're human :)
This probably means the proxy you are using is some poor compromised computer and if it's good enough for the botnet, it's good enough for you.

There are a few other networks like freenet, I2P, and crowds, but they all have the similar problem that you can just pretend to be a bunch of nodes and capture traffic and piece it together... mathmatically like.. in a way that narrows down the search. So, places like the FBI or NSA could pinpoint someone using Tor regularly to vist a site they had monitored or setup. You can avoid some likelyhood, but in the end TOR like all the other methods has major holes from being anything close to true anon.

Thats why compromised or stolen internet connections are the most secure to surf with. However Tor is still pretty darn good, you just can't expect to use it to plan your jihad. There are far sneakier methods for secure communication than there are for secure surfing, since you tend to always know the servers location vs two potentially moving clients.

Changing your handle and passowrd occasionally isn't a bad move either however most people can't be identified by their writting style if it really mattered. I don't think it does to most angecies hence why these sites are still around. We are a low priority and a lot of people to deal with. The intel and police agencies will be worried about dowsizing soon if economic woes continue.

Eek....I wondered what happened to Overgrow. I tried to subscribe and be able to respond to and post messages, and never got a response back. Having said that, do you think my security has been comped? (geez....it's just a plant!)

Colt122

Ive seen problems from other forums when auctions/contests were held, it opens the floodgates :fsu:
Ive seen the forums owners real names spawled out across other forums because a member was out to get them, basically the person called the heat and told them they were running contest's without a license, websites owner was charged real name made public......
good call GN
:rasta: peace

Last edited:
I went in to chat and asked if someone liked boomers(mush) and was berated as a narc and everytime I entered chat to say hi to new friends I had made this one user would harass me because I asked them if they like to trip out!?!? Totally ruined my chat experience which is unfortunate because I liked the psuedo friends I had in there . ANYWAY if that happened to me in the virtual world of this Forum than a forget meeting a stranger who knows you blaze\grow. I read an article today stating youth dont really have to fear online predators even tho they talk to strangers constantly, biggest reason being they didnt reveal any traceable personal info. later everyone be safe bunch of haters out there.
PS No hard feelings to the user who harassed me I just think they were off base in the brain.

lol .. all of this goes without sayin to the ones who really look at for what it is .. we the pepole as a whole sat in our little bubbles content with no one persay fuckin wit us .. so if u dont take steps to secure our futures then they (the gov) will take it away .. peeps as a whole cannot be trusted to do right on there own so we as in this case have to take steps to protect our selves ..

this might be hard to take .. but the person who shines the grow light for others to see in public deserves every thing they get .. u no the consequences and the actions our or your gov will take .. if your that much of a fool to let someone no where your growin or even that u are is foolish in the first place .. and im glad that you are out in the spot light at least i no where u are and i can steer clear from ya .. gypsy through the years has been through the ringer (im an old og head and i remember) .. hell ive even given him some shit in the early years of growin (my ignorence sorry) but now ive learned from his and others .. DONT TRUST ANYONE GOT IT ..

for the new growers out there .. stay safe keep it to yourself learn from others mistakes .. when ur growin ..

one has to set and wonder ... IF U CANT AFORD 40 BUCKS FOR BEANS U WITH OUT A DOUBT DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR THE REST OF THE GROW EQUIPMENT TO DO RIGHT WITH THEM ANYWAY ..

peez ....

Last edited:
We all know the potential consequences of this thing we do. If the Big Blue meanies come kickin' at your door offer them some sweet smoke and some cash....if that won't work, shut your mouth, and do your time. IMO crying like a little girl and sticking your hand out is worse than being in the can for a while!
That may sound cold to some. however is you stand up in defiance of a law (no matter how unfair and unjust) you have to be prepared to be knocked down.