What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why buds turns brown after drying? (Images)

Sasso

My royal cookies automatic has been cut yesterday and the day before, its branches have been hung upside down without light for 2 days and now they are golden-blue-brownish, the first 2 colours are cool, but the brownish is not so good, I think it will be more harsh that without loosing its green colour so fast.

I would like to know if it is a problem/error that I could avoid.
Also if a proper cure will completely solve this problem or only partially.

This is what the condition of drying was like:
- 2 days long, I think another 2-5 days from now.
-1° day: 80° F and 60% RH
-2º day: 72° F and 70-78% RH

This is due to a room they has no possibility of control of temperature and humidity, only open the windows when it’s cold (night) and close it when it is hot.
The room temperature usually are between
72-82 ° F (too much in my opinion, but I have no other places or possibility to add machines for temperature and humidity control).

Now I show you the difference of colour and size between harvest ad 2 days of drying before, look at the photos

Attachments

• 5D28829A-CC8F-40CA-BCA4-5520D067B6DD.jpg
    5D28829A-CC8F-40CA-BCA4-5520D067B6DD.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 26

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Recently I got some buds as a favor, green and smelled real good.

I have my own stash that I like, so I jarred the gifted buds
and put it up for a few weeks, burping daily +/-.

Met up with the friend a couple months later and we smoked
some of his gifted well cured stash and he was moved to ask
where I got it from and could he score some for himself.

lol

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now that's pretty damn funny Dropped Cat!

OP,
Have you ever seen oil that's made from old trim?
It's the same color.

Drying causes the chlorophyl to turn into something else (breakdown product). I don't recall the name exactly... Something like phytin but I know that's not correct.

Latest posts

Latest posts