What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Simple method to stop the hight of cannabis.

L

laredo

Hi!
I think i have a good idee to limit the hight of a cannabis plant.
How it works?
I take a pipe with(for exemple) inside diameter 10mm und cut a piece from it with 10mm.I take this limiter ring and put it on a new born cannabis plant (or cutting)so the ring lies on the ground around the plant.
The plant stem can now grow without resistent till it touches the ring inside and the maximum thickness of the stem is here limited.
Food for the plant to grow is now limited with the ring.Diameter and lenght of the ring can be different which strain i use.
I had this idee before a few minutes and i ask you:
Could this work?
Have a nice day,greetings from Germany.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hi!
I think i have a good idee to limit the hight of a cannabis plant.
How it works?
I take a pipe with(for exemple) inside diameter 10mm und cut a piece from it with 10mm.I take this limiter ring and put it on a new born cannabis plant (or cutting)so the ring lies on the ground around the plant.
The plant stem can now grow without resistent till it touches the ring inside and the maximum thickness of the stem is here limited.
Food for the plant to grow is now limited with the ring.Diameter and lenght of the ring can be different which strain i use.
I had this idee before a few minutes and i ask you:
Could this work?
Have a nice day,greetings from Germany.
No! You will eventually choke off its nutrient supply.

dufous

You will only be stopping the plant from sending food to the roots.

The stems and the leaves are green. The stems and the leaves make their own food.

The top of the plant will continue growing.

Your ring will have no restricting effect on food for the top of the plant because the top of the plant makes its own food.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You will only be stopping the plant from sending food to the roots.

The stems and the leaves are green. The stems and the leaves make their own food.

The top of the plant will continue growing.

Your ring will have no restricting effect on food for the top of the plant because the top of the plant makes its own food.
Ummm, interesting observation. How does the plant replace water lost due to perspiration? Plcae a "too tight" plaster on your finger. Do you fell your heart beat in your finger? = lack of circulation and = not good. Same things happens to the plant.

L

laredo

Maybe somebody here can answer my question if it could work or not.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
No that would be a terrible technique..

Plants have different cells in their outer "bark" to inner. The outer cells have higher nutrient carrying phloem and the inner cells are dead xylem cells used for primarily water carrying cells.. If you choke the plant like that it will bulge either side of the choke point horribly and generally look confused and flower poorly, but It will probably be badly limited in its height and most other aspects.

A simpler way would be raise your night time temps.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
It will not stop a healthy girl.
Just hurt her a little. She will "overgrow" the "ring".
I´ve seen this done both outdoor and indoor,
Look in some LST-threads, and I guess you will find pics.

P :smoke:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I am truly amazed at some of the answers. No wonder folks have so many problems. Too many cooks spoil the broth :)

sdd420

Veteran
Never intentionally limit your plant. Try taking the tip of the plant and tying it down or staking it. Every node then becomes a growing shoot. You can even bury the stalk and roots will grow from it. That’s increasing your yield and no topping required as that can slow a plant to some degree. Sorry but your idea is way overkill. Peace

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
change the light schedule to 12/12 when the plant is very young and you will limit the height but remember that all of the suggestions will also limit the final yield.

...... but it's been 22 days, you tell us how your experiment is going

bobert

Like others said. Topping, LST, scrog and other techniques will accomplish the same thing without choking it out. There's not much else you can do.

picture.php

More surface area equals more light penetration/absorption in my opinion :)

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts