What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Hot Is Your Flower?

MrBungle

There is no substance to your claim Douglas... You aren't taking other factors into account... So you are shooting yourself in the foot, with your "bro science" anecdotes

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
There is no substance to your claim Douglas... You aren't taking other factors into account... So you are shooting yourself in the foot, with your "bro science" anecdotes
Name the factors.

Keep in mind the flower was dried for several days at 35% room RH. Bowl was tight packed, hard and hot drawn, then snuffed after only 1 second.

I'd like to see video of your grown. :)

MrBungle

I'm not trying to prove anything Douglas, other than the methods being used for testing is flawed...

All the flower tested has to be cured the same way, and have the same moisture content...

Every person has a different pain threshold, so a burn on the thumb could be different for every person...

No 2 bowls are the same,they all burn the weed differently...

I'm sure there more variables, but you get the idea

The only way you could possibly do it without bias, would be testing different grades of dispensary buds in the same bowl... and even then the curing process is still in question...

It's a tough sell Douglas...

Douglas.Curtis

LOL, we're talking about flower packed and burned in a bowl. Dried extra dry for maximum heat, capped faster than 2sec for maximum heat and with a thumb much more sensitive than the next 100 people.

Simple field test you seem unwilling to do or discuss.

Show me yours, wetter, not as hard flamed and capped at a full 2 seconds. Anything but hot air. :)

MrBungle

I tried your test this morning on some uncured bud I'm trimming while I type this.... it passed your test, but it doesn't tell me anything.... I'm pretty sure it isn't telling you much either....

Did you watch the video?

My thumb is jammed down on the ash, pressing it down in the bat. This is the whole point of this thread, the cherry/ash is not hot. This is "CLEANLY" grown cannabis. (and this is hotter, lower quality larf, not even the nicest flowers from this poorly flushed, early cut run.)

You thought I was kidding??
(edit: Oh! Did you mistake the cashed bowl photo for something else? The photo was taken many tokes later. Long after the video of the first toke.)

No, I did not watch the video. Just watched the photo.

I could make 2 grades of grey with the same weed and the same pipe, just by drawing and/or lighting differently.

Just trying to show you where I think your method flawes.
:comfort:
I think Mr. Bungle is quite spot on.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

The discussion about ash color comes down to heat and time. Higher quality will take more heat or longer time. The vid wasn't about ash color.

Density doesn't matter enough, you're tight packing the bowl. As long as there's plenty of airflow, the flame will heat it quite nicely.

Where's the vid, Bungle?

Anyone else willing to post a video? It took me less time than I expected. Would have rather used the bong, but figured the broken bowl would get too much negativity. lol

Latest posts

Latest posts