What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Database Server Upgrade - Downtime

Skip

Veteran
We will soon be upgrading our database server, which will result in some downtime on icmag. It shouldn't be very long.

As you know we recently upgraded our webserver, which resulted in a much faster website (after a lot of tuning). Now our database server will be upgraded with 4xs more memory and more core processors which will allow us to cache much more data than we do now.

Hopefully this will allow us to loosen up some of the restrictions we have in place to keep the site running fast. We will see how this goes. No doubt the site will be even faster!

Thanks again to all who support ICMag for making our upgrades possible! :)

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
will this change anything with pic limits?

can we atleast up it to 10 pics per post?

or only for members with good rep/certain # of posts?

Skip

Veteran
Sorry, but I cancelled that maintenance for tomorrow...

I'll let you know when it's going to happen...

Skip

Veteran
We are expecting some downtime tomorrow morning (US time).
It may take 90 minutes or more to switch database servers.
During that time ICMag will be inaccessible.

The scheduled time is 4:00pm CET, which translates to 7am PST

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Dingofriar

Yay IC back and running hopefully without any issues. I actually forgotten today was upgrade and was like WTF is going on... grrrr (LOL)!!! IC is still one of my favorite sites and top 5 most visited. Keep up the great work ladies n gents!
Dingo

Skip

Veteran
New server seems to be running fine. At this point still got lots of RAM untouched!

I've upped the searches to 500 results now. We'll see how that goes. Shouldn't be a problem now...

Skip

Veteran
We're working on fixing this issue. Not just your name but all non standard english characters have problems.