What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

BRNEYDBVR

Fishing is the true love of my life.....

Been doing it pretty much since I was able to walk....

I use all types of gear.... Casting, spinning, and fly.

Down south where I live, you can take your pick of fresh or salt water....all within a short drive.

Although I'm to far south for the fresh water trout....Rainbow, brown, brook etc.

The only fresh water trout we have is "green trout" LOL! (Largemouth Bass)

Now, in saltwater, the speckled trout is pretty much the most sought after for it's table fare.

But flounder and redfish hold a close second as far as eating.

Mind you....this is "inshore"....."Offshore" is a whole different monster!!

I have to say.... if you guys have never fished in saltwater.... Make it a point to go!!!

Nothing quite like a Bull Redfish RIPPING line off the reel on his way to Cuba!!!

There was a nice fishing thread on OG.... Some of you might remember it.... Yukon actually suggested that we create a fishing thread here on ICMAG....

I think that would be an excellent place for us to post pics, experiences...etc.

FISHING RULES!!! STONED OR NOT!!! :joint:

asa42

Anime n Stoner Aficionado
fishin woohoo!

fishin woohoo!

i love it! for me, gotta toke. a great thing to do while watchin the line. i've not tried flys yet, i seem to prefer bottom feeders. give me a cat or halibut any day! i do enjoy a good fight from salmon, trout, bass, or brim too. oh & what good eats they all are! k now i'm really wantin to go drown a cricket!

Zathir

Northern Poland, fisherman here. Great to see that thread! I'll post here my shots.

30389IMG_8459-med.JPG

30389IMG_8463-med.JPG

30389IMG_8467-med.JPG

30389IMG_8469-med.JPG

30389IMG_8475-med.JPG

30389IMG_8477-med.JPG

30389IMG_8479-med.JPG

30389IMG_8481-med.JPG

30389IMG_8519-med.JPG

30389IMG_8520-med.JPG

I also would like to invite you to my thread at Polish forum:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=76897&page=1&pp=15

:wave:

Last edited:

Zathir

We have a lot of them. I live in northern part of Poland at the lowland and here I have 3 rivers like that in 5 kilometres of my house.
30389IMG_8412-med.JPG

30389IMG_8418-med.JPG

30389IMG_8419-med.JPG

30389IMG_8420-med.JPG

30389IMG_8421-med.JPG

30389IMG_8424-med.JPG

30389IMG_8425-med.JPG

30389IMG_8445.JPG

We also have lots trout rivers in southern Poland.
:wave:

Last edited:

FarmerJoe

haha, I'm hitting the lake in about 30 minutes =]

I've been thinking about making this thread myself for the past week. Sturgeon season is getting good, the spring chinook run in the columbia has started, and the steelhead are calling me, but for some trout and crayfish with some greens is whats on the menu tonight.

I love fishing, sober or stoned.

Does A'dam have any good fishing? Could make for an awesome ICMag fishing trip haha.

you guys are making me wish i had my fishing shots on this computer. i go for all sorts of freshwater species. but theres nothing better than yellow perch season on the lakefront...except maybe salmon season on the lake (30lb+ from shore) if theres any chicagoans on here let me know and we can head out sometime (ive got hookups at the baitshop)

zomg1

anyone who loves fishing, i HIGHLY recommend going deep sea fishing... NOTHING compares an epic couple hour battle with a 200 pound sailfish that makes the reel smoke it takes line out so fast.. easily one of the greatest highlights of my life

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whenever we're out on the lake & they're not biting someone will say "It's bout time we smoked 'em out!" pull out a pipe, joint & we'd blaze up fast.......

usually it was just a matter of minutes before we'd start to catch fish, coincidence? karma? Gods hand? we never could figure it out.......

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
MJ and Fishing is like spaghetti and meatballs or peanut butter and jelly, or well you get the point...

I just realized/forgot about the bass fishing of the upcoming spring and summer :)

The only thing that is frustrating is what do you do when you are catching fish and need to pack a bowl or roll a J?

Even if you wash your hand 4x they are still going to stank ass like fish? I couldnt smoke off that pipe.

The only solution to this is to clearly roll multiple J's before you go ;)
I think I am actually going to pay the money for a fishing license this year...there are 2 big rivers right near my house and tons of lakes.

Terroir

I cant smoke and fish. I just dont catch as much.

I fish from a boat and downriging ,precision anchoring, fishing around reefs with breaking waves and not giving fish an inch is the only way to go. Also if the shit hits the fan i dont fancy a long swim home baked.

If i get baked and we go trolling for tuna i generally fall asleep and even screeming ratchets and blood on the deck cant wake me.

For me its safety first, then fish then when I get home and every thing is cleaned many bongs and sleep from the afternoon through to the next morning when I get up early and check the wind and think about going out for another go......

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Havent fished in some years but live in the middle of lots of great fishin areas. Been real busy for a bit but plan on getting back out and spending some time. Besides I have grand kids now and they need to learn the finer points. Just happen to live about two hundred yard from a world class trout river. Seems once you catch a few big steelies it changes your attitude :)

sprout420

thekingofNY said:
MJ and Fishing is like spaghetti and meatballs or peanut butter and jelly, or well you get the point...

I just realized/forgot about the bass fishing of the upcoming spring and summer :)

The only thing that is frustrating is what do you do when you are catching fish and need to pack a bowl or roll a J?

Even if you wash your hand 4x they are still going to stank ass like fish? I couldnt smoke off that pipe.

The only solution to this is to clearly roll multiple J's before you go ;)
I think I am actually going to pay the money for a fishing license this year...there are 2 big rivers right near my house and tons of lakes.
There is something out there call a Wonder Bar. It looks like a bar of soap but is made out of metal or something. I saw it in the Cabelas catalog. It's supposed to remove odors when you rub it on your hands under water and it lasts forever. Haven't tried it yet but it seems like it would be a nice stinky hand solution.

I "Wonder" if it works?

bentom187

Veteran
yup i went yesterday caught a large mouth bass,BTW i usually go fresh water like to some local ponds but also i have a river next to my house thats full of stripers and white pirch,all kinds of game fish.but yeah we bring beer and blunts so if no one gets anythin at least were wasted

Slughorn

Yea, fishing is great. Especially stoned!
Here we are fishing for species like Abramis brama, Tinca tinca, Perch and Pike. Don't know the first ones names in english.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Salt water here,, always with my pipe & tin,,, haven't fished off a jetty in a couple of decades now, but I have a couple of mates with boats that have rekindled the passion (especially in the last few yrs),,, love bringing home a good feed - whiting, tommy ruff, blue crabs, squid, octopus, snapper etc.... Was asked yesterday by a work mate if I was interested in going out on a charter boat,,,, shit yeah!,,, I feel like a big kid again, lol.,, this Sunday we're off for some blue fin tuna. Think I'll roll a few spliffs for this one!
IMO fishing & smoking go hand in hand.