What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

`

CannaZen

NativCanna through the cannapot store sells regular ruderalis and hemp seed.

Feminized seeds dont carry the hermaphrodite trait without STS.

mr.brunch

Veteran
You misunderstood, the plants "like AutoMazar", have the Ruderalis trait of Autoflower.

I was asking if this trait of Autoflower is carried forward in a Hybrid like AutoMazar, when it is treated with STS to pollinate a regular none auto variety.

Would the offspring from AutoMazar pollen on a Regular Photoperiod Female create a new Autoflower plant?

I try not to have crossed threads, new thread for new topic.
Thanks a lot for the Ruderalis info :)

I’m no expert, but I believe the auto gene is recessive so you would have to f2 your new cross before the autoflowering phenos pop up... I think

pinkus

Veteran
I believe that the parents both need to pass on the Auto trait for a plant to present as auto flowering. But this is from the few auto offspring that I have seen and it wasn't more than 8 or so plants, IIRC. It's been 10 years and I am not focused on autos.

MickTheBrag

sensi

sensi

sensiseeds.com used to do one. don't know if they still do it. that will be close to an original peace

Koondense

Veteran
You should ask in the autoflower section, ask member aridbud, he knows his stuff properly.

My thinking...there is a lot of ruderalis in the eastern europe, india and in between. Go on a road trip and with some luck you will get all the seeds you need.
But realistically, try my first answer.

Cheers

The autoflower trait is caused by a single recessive gene. It’s also not on a sex chromosome, so feminized and regular crosses using autos will pass on the trait.

You can find the auto trait in F2s, and true breeding autos in the F3. But these plants would be 50% ruderalis, so probably not very good. Any decent auto breeder is going to do multiple backcrosses to the non-auto strain to try to get rid of as much of the ruderalis genome as possible. After multiple generations of backcrossing, they then need to cross siblings a couple generations to make a true breeding auto. The process is the same whether using fem or reg crosses.

Som 2

A lot of the feral hemp growing in Minnesota and the Dakotas is Ruderalis. Once those states legalize it will be no problem getting landrace samples from them.

pinkus

Veteran
A lot of the feral hemp growing in Minnesota and the Dakotas is Ruderalis. Once those states legalize it will be no problem getting landrace samples from them.
No, it's not Ruderalis. It's feral, photoperiod hemp.

However, I think that it's likely better breeding material than Ruderalis in many ways. Incredibly early maturing, but you could still hold clones. BTW, This is a Mel Frank idea, I just agree.

Som 2

No, it's not Ruderalis. It's feral, photoperiod hemp.

However, I think that it's likely better breeding material than Ruderalis in many ways. Incredibly early maturing, but you could still hold clones. BTW, This is a Mel Frank idea, I just agree.
The plants that I saw had flowers and mature seeds by early July.

pinkus

Veteran
Doubtful. Maybe. Do you have dated pictures?

I personally am ruling that out as a far fetched claim, but what I say hardly matters if what you claim is true. But it is not.

:shooty:

Som 2

Doubtful. Maybe. Do you have dated pictures?

I personally am ruling that out as a far fetched claim, but what I say hardly matters if what you claim is true. But it is not.

:shooty:
I lived there in the '80s and ditchweed was common. I didn't take pictures but I have saw a lot of it. I didn't know what Ruderalis was back then but understood photoperiod cannabis. I always thought it was odd that it was setting seed before the solsitice. My guess is that the autoflower Ruderalis trait was mixed in with the Russian hemp that was brought over in the 19th century and then selected for by natural selection and enforcement (it is almost impossible to eradicate feral hemp that is dropping seeds that early).

pinkus

Veteran
I grew up there. But that doesn't really matter. BTW, the photoperiod trigger does not have to be 12 hours. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts