What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New York medical marijuana starts, people are not allowed to grow or smoke at home

shaggyballs

Veteran
Five manufacturers were granted grow licenses by the state, and each is allowed to run four dispensaries.
Some one is making all the cash, dispensaries can make $1 million profit in a year.

Counties where the dispensaries are located will receive 22.5 percent of that revenue.

No smoking allowed.
Why no smoking?
Commissioner Howard Zucker claimed edibles, oils, and vaporization can deliver marijuana just as effectively as smoking.

What can patients buy? How much will it cost?
According to Vita, the first wave of patients will be able to purchase an eyedropper full of liquid marijuana they can drop under their tongue. These will cost between $100 and $300 each.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/06/new-york-medical-marijuana-explained.html

paper thorn

Veteran
Shaggy, I tried to tell these New York guys that there MMJ law was crap, but they just jeered and sneered and asked me all smartassy if I knew what dabs were.

I guess they thought it would be awesome and they would be dabbing with the blessing of the state.

I said, "dude, once the guys in power figure out that there is such a thing as 'dabs', no way they'll be ok with that. You'll be doing patches and tinctures", and sure enough...:moon:

St. Phatty

So it's not an Onion article.

If you went back in time to the 1930's, when hemp was legal and Americans also consumed Cannabis via its role in the pharmacopeia used by American pharmacists and doctors ...

and tried to pull this bullshit, NO ONE would call it 'legalization'.

What they are doing is similar to Disaster Capitalism.

They know something is going to go down, Cannabis wise.

So they do some monkey busines and call it "legalization".

But it's not Legalization, it's Monkey Business that's been labelled "Legalization".

igrowone

Veteran
it's a suck ass law, that was known when they put this Frankenstein together
this is what you get when the politicians get to decide what you should get
i hope they all burn

Unclecrash

I sure hope the voters dont let this happen in Mi. I have seen first hand trying to get another patient, his wife was all happy it will be legal for everyone . I told her wait a minute you better read the fine print you vote wrong and we could be smoking crap.

Unclecrash

it's a suck ass law, that was known when they put this Frankenstein together
this is what you get when the politicians get to decide what you should get
i hope they all burn

this is exactly what they are going to try to pull in Mi. The cops and Mi gov met WITHOUT THE PEOPLE testifed they dont want grows in the houses, and sent a bill off to the senate to try and hog tie the market with the laws they set.

The Revolution

Veteran
I thought MI already had all the laws in place for years now, what do u mean this is what theyre going to do in MI>

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
any state that can ruin clam chowder gets my thumbs down...fuck the Yankees and new York...masshole proud,,,ha ha ...but cali rules still...yeehaw..looking at my winter crop now almost drooling...I will send ya some after I tumble it a bit....

TripleDraw27

Veteran
wow....
I wish investigative journalism still existed, and have somebody follow that money trail and expose the payola's etc.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
as of 2 hours ago...yeehaw..don't fuck with the chowda..you couldn't pay me enough to live in new York,,ok well maybe a few spots upstate if you had a few million...

Wow what a crock of shit.. Most people I know smoke, and some vape oil or do dabs on occasion at most. I don't know many oil heads or vapers and I've been in the game for 20+ years. Delivery services in my area won't even pick up tinctures or edibles because they carry it around and nobody buys.. Most people want/need buds.. Wtf. If I had to tincture or or eat the stuff I'd just say fuck it and get on some xanax and some muscle relaxers. Small doses of cannabis don't work for me, so if I'm going to be a zombie then no thanks to ganja.. Maybe that was part of their fucked up plan... Well this way they can keep the machine running and still ticket the crap out of everyone smoking, and imprison the growers. Good luck New Yorkers :-/

igrowone

Veteran
you gotta understand, NY is fucking strange
busted grows in upstate with not much else going on do not go far in the courts
and you have to work at it to get busted, not a high priority
so on the down low NY ain't bad at all
on the other hand, you can get unlucky, kind of the whim of the local powers that be
but that's everywhare

Dirt Life

Veteran
Compassionate Care Act signed by Cuomo; just another polished turd from a polished turd.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why no smoking?
Commissioner Howard Zucker claimed edibles, oils, and vaporization can deliver marijuana just as effectively as smoking.

Technically I'd agree with this statement. Banning smoking is retarded though. I love vaping. Most people would rather smoke most of the time. Smoking pot isn't bad for you. I love edibles and tinctures too, but they don't kick in right away like smoking.

Banning home growing isn't about making an ill informed choice. That's 100% corruption and greed. They don't make any money off people who grow their own meds.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
At the same time, you dont get locked up for less than 25 g on you. Makes no sense.

Pretty sure you gotta be on your death bed to get medical too. Smh.

Lesnah

This law basically keeps everybody happy in hindsight...

Big Pharma gets to peddle their crap

The Black Market continues to exist

The customer buying on a retail level....can walk around with just under an ounce and not get charged with a serious crime.

The seriously Ill, get a chance to try rick simpson/pheonix tear-ish products

That's how I see it.