What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we discuss bubblegum?

Not sure how many people here have had the real bubblegum that tastes, smells, and smokes exactly like a stick of pink bubblegum.

I had it about 10 years ago in Florida and it was honestly some of the best, if not THE BEST weed I have ever had.

I now live in the Denver area and when I see "bubblegum" on the menu, I always grab a gram just to find out and I am always severely disappointed.

Do any of you know the pheno of bubblegum I am talking about? I would like to buy a 10 pack of bubblegum seeds and breed them all together to make 1000's of seeds, then start the long process of hunting that pheno down. However, there are so many breeders who offer "bubblegum" seeds. Any idea which breeder may offer the easiest route to finding that amazing pheno?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That would be how I would go about it. I would by a few packs of Serious seeds bubblegum and open pollinate them all. Then search through the f2's.

I have had the bubblegum you describe. For me it is the only strain that gives me really colorful awesome dreams that I remember in great detail. One of my fav for sure!

BOG does bogbubble and its a good strain. I would go to the source though, Serious seeds. BOG got his BG lines from white label seeds and did as you describe. I think your best chance of finding that pink BG is Serious seeds.

Good luck on your search and let us know how you make out!

Best vibes!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I think you are referring to the famous cut Indiana Bubblegum clone only. I got great results from a cross of that, Old time Indiana Bubblegum (Indiana Bubblegum x Old Time Moonshine). Taste and smell were exactly as you describe on some of them. I think there are other threads on this subject.

Edit: a search brings up an unbelievable number of threads about bubblegum.

TerpeneDream

I have a friend who has a bubblegum in Co. I grew it..

It isn't indica though…It's more sativa and smells like skunk alongside the gum. Very pleasant, but would be better w/o the skunkiness

Maybe it's the Bubblegum clone knocked up by a Sk#1 male? Idk..

That would be how I would go about it. I would by a few packs of Serious seeds bubblegum and open pollinate them all. Then search through the f2's.

I have had the bubblegum you describe. For me it is the only strain that gives me really colorful awesome dreams that I remember in great detail. One of my fav for sure!

BOG does bogbubble and its a good strain. I would go to the source though, Serious seeds. BOG got his BG lines from white label seeds and did as you describe. I think your best chance of finding that pink BG is Serious seeds.

Good luck on your search and let us know how you make out!

Best vibes!

I am moving in March, so i am not starting any new projects until then. But this bubblegum is going to be my first order of business and it's probably going to take up a lot of space, but will be well worth it if I can find that unicorn pheno.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I plan on doing the same thing soon, and I will be grabbing some packs from Serious to do my pheno hunting. Do yourself a favor and do an open pollination, get your thousands of seeds, and if you don't find what you're looking for in the F1s you will definitely find it in the F2s.

I know exactly which one you're talking about. I had it in Florida 9-10 years ago. It had a pink hue on it from the hairs and amber heads. That was some awesome and very expensive bud lol. I would go with serious seeds and do some pheno hunting like Lester beans suggested

I know exactly which one you're talking about. I had it in Florida 9-10 years ago. It had a pink hue on it from the hairs and amber heads. That was some awesome and very expensive bud lol. I would go with serious seeds and do some pheno hunting like Lester beans suggested

Yeah, the buds were actually pink lol

I had it in Southwest Florida and it was $400 an oz

amanda88

Not sure how many people here have had the real bubblegum that tastes, smells, and smokes exactly like a stick of pink bubblegum.

I had it about 10 years ago in Florida and it was honestly some of the best, if not THE BEST weed I have ever had.

I now live in the Denver area and when I see "bubblegum" on the menu, I always grab a gram just to find out and I am always severely disappointed.

Do any of you know the pheno of bubblegum I am talking about? I would like to buy a 10 pack of bubblegum seeds and breed them all together to make 1000's of seeds, then start the long process of hunting that pheno down. However, there are so many breeders who offer "bubblegum" seeds. Any idea which breeder may offer the easiest route to finding that amazing pheno?

Some years back, I was of the same opinion, I hunted out 3 euro breeders, grew the seeds out, found all three strains to be very unstable, 2 hermed and the one that flourished was only 50% bubble gummy, tho it did impress my friends ..not me
I trashed the idea, and look back on this novel strain, as requiring far more work, and had to ask myself

'How exactly is this flavor important to me?'

I realized it wasn't and moved on, and I'm still of the same idea ..
...it needs work

whiteberrieS

Veteran
Myself I really like the fruitstripes but the flavor goes away too fast :(
picture.php

Bog's got his Bog Bubble & Bogglegum, got a baby Bogglegum going right now. "Bazooka Joe" gets thrown around a lot in the BogBubble and Bogglegum searches

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I got one of these going. From reading on the interwebz, they are supposed to be dead on bazooka smell and taste.

picture.php

G

Seems like somebody in Florida ought to be able to fish up some of those BG beans from 10 yrs ago

mr.brunch

Veteran
Good timing, I just bought some bubblegum (allegedly)
Nice smooth smoke, sweet smell, kind on the mind- but not like the bubblegum I had in the dam a few years back.
That smelled just like original hubba bubba

window

Veteran
Years ago when I first went to the dam, I smoked some bubblegum there and could not believe the smell of the bud, pure bazooka joe gum.
About a decade later I acquired a bubblegum clone I believe from Serious seed stock which when grown had no gum smell but when smoked filled the room with a smell of pure pink bubblegum.
I dropped the cut in the end..huge buds but no density, light as a feather.
I think Lester beans has the right idea, multi packs and f2.

I think Lester beans has the right idea, multi packs and f2.

Yeah, I had planned on going that route all along, there really isn't any other way to do it unless you had Bill Gates money and just bought 1000's of seeds.

I just have a feeling it's going to be a very...very needle in a haystack type situation trying to find a pheno like the one I had in Florida. A whole shit ton of seed straight into 12/12 :T

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you considered trying to find that Indiana Bubblegum clone?

Its gotta be floating around somewhere.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yeah, I had planned on going that route all along, there really isn't any other way to do it unless you had Bill Gates money and just bought 1000's of seeds.

I just have a feeling it's going to be a very...very needle in a haystack type situation trying to find a pheno like the one I had in Florida. A whole shit ton of seed straight into 12/12 :T

It will not be a needle in a haystack. Serious bubblegum is a stable line and most of the plants carry the smell taste and high. If you f2 them you will find epic plants.if it is just a solid BG mother you are looking for, I would say buy 2 packs and you should find it no problem.

I've got a single pack of Serious Seeds BubbleGum that was purchased a few years ago. Kinda' wish I had bought more than one, but we are going to pop them and then create F2's to do the big hunt. I was also gifted a beautiful JuicyFruit mum that we will cross into the Serious BG as well. That might give us some nice Zebra Gum babies, along with the BG F2's.

Does anyone know what to look for in the BG males? We can do stem rubs till blue in the face, but as anyone who's done any serious breeding knows, those flavors change as the plant matures. Any hints as to which early characteristics to hunt for in the males would be appreciated. Obviously we'll be looking for males that produce tric's first, but after that, I don't know if we should lean more towards sat or indi pheno's.

Once the fems start to show their colors we will learn more of course. I will be cloning everything so we can reproduce the crosses and try again if the first crosses fail, but any advance knowledge is always appreciated! :tiphat:

We also plan to do some BG x Orange Crush, and BG x Blueberry, just for fun. We are looking for the ultimate interim strain to cross to our queen clone only goddess, to try and (re)create a strain that my partner and I have been searching for, for yearrrrs.

.... Lord knows when I will have time to pop all the progeny created, and breed our "ultimate" strain, but it will be fun regardless :D

Last edited: