What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets talk about VPD...it's worth the converstion.

Question: Right now my VPD # is way too high, and my plants have to use too much water from the soil, yaddy yadda. I cannot get my tent temps below 80F when lights are on no matter what I do. I have to hide smell, so no option for an AC (besides the very complicated process of a mini split or whatever, but that's not an option right now).

So since the temps are 80F - 90F, I need to increase the RH%. Right now it's at 45-55% when lights are on, not sure what when lights are off. It seems I need my RH to be at LEAST 70%, ideally 75-80%. That high of RH scares me obviously. However, something I hadn't seen addressed is using a carbon filter with the increased RH. If I do raise my RH to 70% with a humidifier inside the tent, won't that affect the carbon filter and make it fail? I heard high RH is the enemy for them. I have plenty of airflow, so I think going to 70% RH would be ok. Also not sure how the carbon filter / exhaust would affect the RH actually rising, since it would be exhausting the whole time, would the RH actually rise?