What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why was cannabis made illegal?

idiit

Veteran
A Chronology of Nazi Infiltration and the War On Some Drugs

actually fascism.

fascism is the merger of corporations and government.

Fascism vs Nazism
Nazism is considered to be one form of fascism. Though both Nazism and fascism reject the ideologies of liberalism, Marxism and democracy, these two are different in many aspects. It is hard to make a perfect differentiation between the two.

Read more: Difference Between Fascism and Nazism | Difference Between | Fascism vs Nazism http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-fascism-and-nazism/#ixzz3a2i8eFY2

quote-Benito-Mussolini-fascism-should-more-appropriately-be-called-corporatism-204204.png

cannabis is illegal because it competes with big pharma, big agra (hemp products) and the cabals can't control manufacturing like they can meth., heroin, cocaine.

the criminals are in charge of the leading governments in much of the world. the criminals are waging a war on us. the war on drugs is a war on us. they are not our governments. our governments are not doing this to us. they are accountable only to themselves; the 1%'ers and thei minions.

the world is waking up to the western powers and their fascist roots and fascist behavior. this is why Russia and china are leading the way to a new eastern brics alliance.

angelgoob

You can smoke pain away, you can smoke to be happy, you can smoke to smoke.

That's the pharmacuetical, alcohol and tobacco companies at risk right there. Up until 1997 they funded the AdCouncil. Like Rj Renyolds and Anhauscer Busch.

MJPassion says it can be used to combat mind control and I believe this. When I watch commercials on cannabis, it is more transparent the method they are using to get me to buy a product and I laugh.

angelgoob

It has effects that beat out nicotine and alcohol.

It has anti-eminatory effects, anti-headache effects and a host of medicinal applications.

It can be paper. It's seeds contain all the nutrients and amino's you need mostly.

It smells great. Didn't realize I was the last one that has posted here. LAWLZ

RetroGrow

Veteran
actually fascism.

fascism is the merger of corporations and government.

the world is waking up to the western powers and their fascist roots and fascist behavior. this is why Russia and china are leading the way to a new eastern brics alliance.

Funny stuff! You are quoting Mussilini, a fascist.

" Russia and china are leading the way"

Huh????
China is a totalitarian state that has never led the way to anything. The last original idea that China had was fireworks. They are a country of followers and thieves. Everything they have is stolen from us...everything.
In China, you would be jailed for making anti-government posts. Free speech not allowed!
If you are caught with weed? Forget it!!!
China has the death penalty for weed!!!!
Yes, that's right. Death!
https://www.420magazine.com/forums/china/87294-china-marijuana-laws.html

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2014/09/aussies_caught_with_pot_face_death_penalty_in_chin.php

picture.php

Russia?
Also a totalitarian communist state, ruled by dictators for many generations. Millions have been slaughtered by their leaders. Their current leader is KGB. Their elections are fraudulent. Their leader spends all of their money on weapons, while the people are allowed to wither.

Russia and China are united in one thing: trying to catch up to the U.S., or destroy us in any way possible, so they can dominate the world, and spread totalitarianism. Anything they can do to knock down the U.S. is what motivates them to work together to reach that goal. Hard to believe you actually posted that bit of nonsense. Communist countries are totalitarian, and their laws are draconian.

Copperfield

DuPont illegslization

DuPont illegslization

I am asking, not telling, but here is my side.

This Good book says it all......we knew it, way back then!
The Emperor Wears No Clothes
There is more to this story than just pot. (read it please)

Nixon knew before the war on drugs that cannabis had medicinal effects!

1975 medical evidence!

Thirty years ago the United States came to a critical juncture in the drug war. A Nixon-appointed presidential commission had recommended that marijuana use not be a criminal offense under state or federal law. But Nixon himself, based on his zealous personal preferences, overruled the commission's research and doomed marijuana to its current illegal status.

This newly revealed information comes from declassified tapes of Oval Office conversations from 1971 and 1972, which show Nixon's aggressive anti-drug stance putting him directly at odds against many of his close advisors. Transcripts of the tape, and a report based on them, are available at www.csdp.org.

Congress, when it passed the Controlled Substances Act in 1970, temporarily labeled marijuana a "Schedule I substance" -- a flatly illegal drug with no approved medical purposes. But Congress acknowledged that it did not know enough about marijuana to permanently relegate it to Schedule I, and so they created a presidential commission to review the research and recommend a long-term strategy. President Nixon got to appoint the bulk of the commissioners. Not surprisingly, he loaded it with drug warriors. Nixon appointed Raymond Shafer, former Republican Governor of Pennsylvania, as Chairman. As a former prosecutor, Shafer had a "law and order," drug warrior reputation. Nixon also appointed nine Commissioners, including the dean of a law school, the head of a mental health hospital, and a retired Chicago police captain. Along with the Nixon appointees, two senators and two congressmen from each party served on the Commission.

The Shafer Commission -- officially known as the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse -- took its job seriously. They launched fifty research projects, polled the public and members of the criminal justice community, and took thousands of pages of testimony. Their work is still the most comprehensive review of marijuana ever conducted by the federal government.

After reviewing all the evidence, these drug warriors were forced to come to a different conclusion than they had at first expected. Rather than harshly condemning marijuana, they started talking about legalization. When Nixon heard such talk, he quickly denounced the Commission -- months before it issued its report.

As a result of Nixon's public rebuke, Shafer met with the President. The Commission was upset, and the purpose of the meeting was to reassure them. But Nixon didn't budge. Instead, he warned Shafer to get control of his commission and avoid looking like a "bunch of do-gooders" who are "soft on marijuana." He warned Shafer that the Commission would "look bad as hell" if it came out with recommendations different from the direction of Congress and the President.

During their meeting, Shafer reassured the President that he would not support "legalization," even though there were some on the Commission who did. He told Nixon they were looking for a unanimous recommendation. Nixon warned Shafer that he "had very strong feelings" on marijuana. Nixon and Shafer also discussed Shafer's potential appointment to a federal judgeship.

But in the end, the Shafer Commission issued a report that tried to correct the "extensive degree of misinformation," to "demythologize" and "desymbolize" marijuana. They reported finding that marijuana did not cause crime or aggression, lead to harder drug use or create significant biochemical, mental or physical abnormalities. They concluded: "Marihuana's relative potential for harm to the vast majority of individual users and its actual impact on society does not justify a social policy designed to seek out and firmly punish those who use it."

The most important recommendation of the Commission was the decriminalization of possession or non-profit transfer of marijuana. Decriminalization meant there would be no punishment -- criminal or civil -- under state or federal law.

Nixon reacted strongly to the report. In a recorded conversation on March 21, the day before the Commission released its report, Nixon said, "We need, and I use the word 'all out war,' on all fronts ... we have to attack on all fronts." Nixon and his advisors went on to plan a speech about why he opposed marijuana legalization, and proposed that he do "a drug thing every week" during the 1972 presidential election year. Nixon wanted a "Goddamn strong statement about marijuana ... that just tears the ass out of them."

Shafer was never appointed to the federal court.

Nixon's private comments about marijuana showed he was the epitome of misinformation and prejudice. He believed marijuana led to hard drugs, despite the evidence to the contrary. He saw marijuana as tied to "radical demonstrators." He believed that "the Jews," especially "Jewish psychiatrists" were behind advocacy for legalization, asking advisor Bob Haldeman, "What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob?" He made a bizarre distinction between marijuana and alcohol, saying people use marijuana "to get high" while "a person drinks to have fun."

He also saw marijuana as part of the culture war that was destroying the United States, and claimed that Communists were using it as a weapon. "Homosexuality, dope, immorality in general," Nixon fumed. "These are the enemies of strong societies. That's why the Communists and the left-wingers are pushing the stuff, they're trying to destroy us." His approach drug education was just as simplistic: "Enforce the law. You've got to scare them."

Unfortunately, Nixon did more than just "scare them," whoever they were. His marijuana war rhetoric led to a dramatic increase in arrests. One year after his "all out war" comments, marijuana arrests jumped to 420,700 a year -- a full 128,000 more than the year before. Since then, nearly 15 million people have been arrested for marijuana offenses.

For thirty years, the United States has taken the path of Nixon's prejudice and ignored the experts. We now have the largest prison population in world history, and drug problems are no closer to solved. Indeed, plenty of evidence indicates that drug-related problems are worse than ever.

It did not have to be this way. At the same time that the Shafer Commission issued its report, the Bain Commission in Holland issued a report that made similar findings and recommendations. In Holland, they followed the advice of their experts. Thirty years later Holland has half the per-capita marijuana use as the U.S., far fewer drug-related problems and spends much less on drug enforcement. With statistics like that, it's no wonder that most of Europe is going Dutch. Just last week a British Commission issued a Shafer-like report, indicating that the U.K. is moving in the Dutch direction.

It is not too late for the U.S. to move to a more sensible path. We are approaching three quarters of a million marijuana arrests annually. Every year that the U.S. fails to adopt a policy based on research, science and facts we destroy millions of lives and tear apart millions of families.

Where will we be in another thirty years if we don't change course and make peace in the marijuana war? Now that we know the war's roots are rotten -- and after we've lived through the decades of damage and failure it has produced -- we should face the facts. The thirty-year- old recommendations of the Shafer Commission are a good place to start.

Let's hear your story. (fair debate please)

Thanks
shag

I don't know too much about politics, but from what I gather... DuPont held the monopoly on making rope back n the day. When DuPont fount out that hemp was stronger than most of the rope they were selling.. They paid the powers that be to make it illegal.... Therefore keeping DuPont ahead in the game! Sounds far fetched I know.....

shaggyballs

Veteran
So if it was all B.S.!
Why not repeal the prohibition, screw legalization, it should never have been made illegal??
Or am I missin' somthin' here?

Limeygreen

Veteran
My opinion is they made it illegal not just for its virtues as paper, seed, oil, rope etc, I think people were afraid of certain ethnic groups and t was a way to try to keep them oppressed and out of mainstream. The reefer madness was intensely racist and I don't believe that it was solely made this way to protect companies businesses but also to try to protect wasps beliefs.

idiit

Veteran
Take four minutes and watch the video linked here regarding the Mexican drug cartel invasion of Pinal County, AZ., which borders metropolitan Phoenix, in which this invading army controls vast swaths of land on American soil and the Obama administration refuses to act against this organized invading Army.

Ben Carson tours southern border with Arizona sheriff

http://youtu.be/2CAj-F_xaXA
The Goal Is to Turn the U.S. Into a Narco-Terrorist State
Nobody is talking about this as America is in the process of being transformed into the same type of narco-terrorist state as we see in Mexico. Let’s consider the public drug trial of Jesus Vicente Zambada-Niebla.

I have a confidential DEA informant who has told that Clinton had intimate knowledge of the following State Department- Mexican drug cartel partnership. And interestingly, I am able to document these Clinton associations and establish that this information is contained in her illegal emails, among other issues.
“Jesus Vicente Zambada-Niebla, the Sinaloa cartel’s “logistics coordinator” and son of a principal Sinaloa leader, asserted in court documents that Guzman is a U.S. informant and Sinaloa was “given carte blanche to continue to smuggle tons of illicit drugs into Chicago.”

“Niebla also alleged that Operation Fast and Furious was part of an agreement to finance and arm the cartel in exchange for information used to take down its rivals”. The details of the unholy agreement between the DEA and the Sinaloa cartel was that agents stated that the DEA would allow 80% of all drug shipments into the United States in exchange for intelligence information on the other drug cartels. Why would the DEA want intelligence on the other cartels, yet, they would allow the Sinaloa cartel to continue with their drug operations right under the noses of the DEA? “ This arrangement had been approved by high-ranking officials and federal prosecutors,” the Zambada-Niebla lawyer wrote”.

After being extradited to Chicago in February 2010, Zambada-Niebla argued that he was also “immune from arrest or prosecution” because he actively provided information to U.S. federal agents.
The only plausible explanation serving to underlie this operation would be that DEA is protecting the drug trafficking corridors for the banking elite that has hijacked our government. The information supplied by the Sinaloa’s about their rivals protects the elites shipments from competition.

ANY KIND OF DEAL OF THIS MAGNITUDE WOULD HAVE INVOLVED THE OFFICES OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND THE SECRETARY OF STATE

Also, ask yourself, how Chappo Guzman keeps escaping from high security Mexican prisons? This insidious invasion of the United States that is destroying our youth and has made America an increasingly unsafe place to live, is only the tip of the iceberg.

These activities are representative of the fact that the administration is turning a convenient blind eye to a planned terrorist invasion of the United States.
http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2...larys-emails-and-why-the-fbi-will-not-indict/

Funny stuff! You are quoting Mussilini, a fascist
yes, I quoted the (former) world's foremost authority on fascism. funny? not funny.

we have a merger between big business ( drugs) and big government ( heads of state, heads of judicial system); fast and furious ( eric holder) was obviously that and it continues today
Senate Confirms Loretta Lynch as Attorney General After Long Delay
By JENNIFER STEINHAUERAPRIL 23, 2015

westtexas

This is a great thread..... I've found some things I knew and some things I didn't.... What I didn't find was any reference to the medical community's desire to control the industry.... In particular the mental health division.... Physciatry was a up and coming industry in the early 20th century....

There is historical evidence for the feds working with sinaloa. Its crazy shit. Now theyre acting like theyre taking them out. It makes me wonder if they are literally taking it over or something. Its hard or impossible to know whats happening but something is up and has been ever since the 2007 cash withdrawal protest they performed which some speculate caused the entire economic crash because it was and still is the only liquid capitol the banks posess. I dont know. Speaking of psychiatry look at who owns the APA....the oligarchy of opposites and total control.

angelgoob

NO.

The reasons are: It'll make women sexual more and have weird orgies.

Secondly, you'll go manic and play a piano better than you ever have before.

Besides that, what else is there except psychosis, depression, insanity and addiction?

Ok, big pharma, tocbacco and other companies got together to make some cash and help each other's rich fat cat asses out. There.