What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Tent.... New grow: Emerald Traingle Genetics

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Been looking at plant magic myself i emailed themregarding what they recommend hard or soft for a 0.4 ec tap and theysaid to use there hardwater formula

Peace

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
My water is worse than that it's 0.6EC and not had too many issue thus far. I have been reading up on RO filters and a few people keep posting they can taste the difference between a grow that's used RO water and one that hasn't..... Hmmmm not so sure about that myself, but they def save time feckin around with pH down though :D

New cuttings are hear and will be stuck into ICU to recover from their journey, not sure the ghost OG will be making an appearance this run, but the abusive OG, sour diesel riri cut and Geisel :woohoo: will be.

Excited to see what these cuts are all about.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
you will need silicon to bring the ph up instead mate which is a good thing ro filters are a pain mate lol used them for years as i had a saltwater marine tank if your on a water meter you should know that around 90%+ of water that goes through one is wasted flooded the kitchen many times as it produces water fairly slow an i used to leave it on then forget about it and then the mop comes out

an auto shut off valve would be recommended mate and dont use the dionising resin either as it makes the water taste bland

i could bring my tds down to 0 with the resin without resin it was 10-15ppm

ive had a 100gpd and 50gpd unit try and pick one that would suit your water pressure to get the best efficiency from the unit otherwise you wil need a booster pump

you could just use a 5micron filter and carbon block to remove some lime metals and chlorines bringing tds down and you would still have the same power as the pressure is only regulated for the membranes

im running 1/4" ro pipe in the loft for filling my rez saves lugging water up there

truecannabliss was on about this a while back he said the herb tasted way better

great score on the cuts mate looking forward to you growing them out

peace

H

Husky.Rex

Sup Rex, I'm planning to use plant magic coco ferts for bloom. Currently using canna coco nutes.

Hows it going fella :)

IMHO you cant go wrong with plant magic there entire range has nothing but great feedback and there customer service is good too.

I've not had a dab at coco yet but I'm sure I will in the future. I was looking into RO myself but then fortunate for me I moved to an area that had insanely clean water with ppm lower than 30 so I scrapped the idea.

Even though I grow organic I can still detect a difference in taste from the herb I grew when I was living in the south of England.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cheers for the info mate, auto shut of ftw! Imagine I'd be mopping up regularly :D

I don't use silicone at the moment cause my local growshop doesn't stock budlink which doesn't mess with pH so much. I like the effects from silicone though, so that would be a plus using a filter. I'll have to have a look at a few and see what will do the bizznezz..

Cuttings are in ICU now, getting pampered :D

peace

edit> missed your post rex, so you can taste a difference then... might be worth an investment. Your water sounds spot on mate you lucky sod! The PM range sure does have a good following much f it on u k420. I like the sound of granules its about the same price as what I use now - rootgrow, but has more bacto and bio stimulators, what ever they are lol as well.

Didn't realise they had N in the PK interesting as I have read that N is over looked in bloom, but I though the better ratio for PK was 9/18? There is a thread here where guys where playing around with dropping phos during bloom and leving K levels as they were. They experience no drop off in quality or yield and found K to be more essential for flowering than Phos was. interesting stuff. Advanced nutes also done some testing of leafs to see what the plants were taking up at diff stages of bloom hence the 9/18 their hammerhead used to be.

Last edited:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Will do RIL cheers.

So I had to make some space in the already cramped toture chamber... I mean fluro chamber.

So the QoD clones go moved into the tent and now reside in there with the seedlings. They will benefit from the extra RH as it was low as can be today. Have got sponge on shopping list for tom, so that will also help out.

The clones have been supercropped as I don't know where I've put the rest of my plastic bendy things, lol.

So here's how the seedlings are looking 14 days from germinating, a lil sad looking as they were just feed. Apart from that I think they should be ready for transplant in about 5 days max, roots are poking out the drain holes now.

Couple pics

peace

H

Husky.Rex

Which nutes from pm have you tried rex

There pk has nitrogen in it

Peace

I've used there Boost on a couple of very old nft runs but can honestly say that I didn't notice any difference in flowering as I know that N can slow down the process. Gave me same results as canna's pk13/14 in terms of yield and taste.

Now I don't run with PK as I grow using organic nutes now.
From Plant magic I now only use the Old timers and the granules.

H

Husky.Rex

Cheers for the info mate, auto shut of ftw! Imagine I'd be mopping up regularly :D

I don't use silicone at the moment cause my local growshop doesn't stock budlink which doesn't mess with pH so much. I like the effects from silicone though, so that would be a plus using a filter. I'll have to have a look at a few and see what will do the bizznezz..

Cuttings are in ICU now, getting pampered :D

peace

edit> missed your post rex, so you can taste a difference then... might be worth an investment. Your water sounds spot on mate you lucky sod! The PM range sure does have a good following much f it on u k420. I like the sound of granules its about the same price as what I use now - rootgrow, but has more bacto and bio stimulators, what ever they are lol as well.

Didn't realise they had N in the PK interesting as I have read that N is over looked in bloom, but I though the better ratio for PK was 9/18? There is a thread here where guys where playing around with dropping phos during bloom and leving K levels as they were. They experience no drop off in quality or yield and found K to be more essential for flowering than Phos was. interesting stuff. Advanced nutes also done some testing of leafs to see what the plants were taking up at diff stages of bloom hence the 9/18 their hammerhead used to be.

Iv'e been using the granules for about a year now and you can really notice the difference amazing root development.

Been looking into the 9/18 thing too and am planning to add it to my regime for my 14 afghan kush. I'm gonna go with the Canadian express version of the 9/18 as I'm hearing good things. I always thought that N was supposed to slow down the flowering process but plant magic stated that it makes it a better rounded nutrient profile.

I've seen this http://www.growandharvest.co.uk/?te...boldt-nutrients&productKey=pro-363-deucedeuce and was thing of trying it

RudeDog

Veteran
Shhh...Informative thread mate, good input from all. :thank you:

Your little babies looking good and will soon be happy enough.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup RIL, 100G, Rex and Rude Dog :)

@ RIL they have perked back up today and look all the better for their first flood :D I've had those clones in the 1L pots since 14/03. They were the original clones taken from the QoD's when they were like 4 or 5 weeks into bloom, lol!! Rooted really quickly then to an age to reveg, when they did though they were bushy as fook and saved me quite a lot of training. I've purposely kept them in those 1L's to restrict there growth.

@100G cheers bro! I hope so mate, some kind soul blessed me with some gems to add to the mix :D

@Rex I like seaweed, well not personally :D as an additive and I like what I read in that thread about low P, and more K... That seems like a good additive, Canadian express also have superior potash. Not tired that yet, but cheesey used to get good results with it.
Need a new PK myself have never tried the different formulations so looking at the various options. Here's that thread on low P and K as primary booster, good reading but you'll need a few J's and hours to get through it all!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191007

@ Rude Dog, cheers homey... See u have a few new arrivals as well. Like the sound of the grandoggy!

RudeDog

Veteran
I'll take you as another vote for the Grandoggy then Shhh...

Ref the low P and high K.....Something I'm looking to do meself with comfrey. Bought some root online and now got a plant in the garden. Once old enough to harvest leave I'll be making a comfrey brew for me ladies....I remember seeing Monty Don making some on Gardeners World.

Don't know how comfrey would work with coco though...

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Sup RIL, 100G, Rex and Rude Dog :)

@ RIL they have perked back up today and look all the better for their first flood :D I've had those clones in the 1L pots since 14/03. They were the original clones taken from the QoD's when they were like 4 or 5 weeks into bloom, lol!! Rooted really quickly then to an age to reveg, when they did though they were bushy as fook and saved me quite a lot of training. I've purposely kept them in those 1L's to restrict there growth.

@100G cheers bro! I hope so mate, some kind soul blessed me with some gems to add to the mix :D

@Rex I like seaweed, well not personally :D as an additive and I like what I read in that thread about low P, and more K... That seems like a good additive, Canadian express also have superior potash. Not tired that yet, but cheesey used to get good results with it.
Need a new PK myself have never tried the different formulations so looking at the various options. Here's that thread on low P and K as primary booster, good reading but you'll need a few J's and hours to get through it all!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191007

@ Rude Dog, cheers homey... See u have a few new arrivals as well. Like the sound of the grandoggy!

bloody hell mate more reading stopped at pg 9 for now

need more than a few j'sabsorbing all that in some very very clued up guys with big ego's in there:biggrin:

did you check the 225ppm thread on other site? very good,with pics too

cx base nutes have very low p concentrations got them in a box somewhere put them there for that reason lol

peace

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup RIL, OK so u may need an eight lol :D Big ego's is spot on but I find the best info usually comes out when people are hashing it out.

Sup thepotanist, yer the seedlings got a bit stretched cause I had them under the 600w early and temps were all over the place. They're looking much better now stems thickening up and growing at a good pace... looking at 5-6 more days vegging then flipping them to bloom. They've filled the 1L pots with roots quite well already.

Latest posts

Latest posts