What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Headband = original diesel = daywrecker

i don't see how headband could have one of its own offspring (SD) as a parent??

unless someone used the name "headband" for a seed line of OGxSD?

Adrift

Veteran
picture.php

p 98 :wave:

Desert Dan

Veteran
Pistilpete,

Headband is supposedly a hybrid of sour diesel, og kush (dont know which one), and masterkush.

DD

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
original headband = daywrecker diesel(different strain than ecsd)
707 headband(this strain specifically has flooded the so. cal market for many years, its great yeilds of great pot...i would go out on a limb and say that this is the headband that most people would recognize...at least people here in so cal) = Og kush x east coast sour diesel

pre98 bubba is awesome, nearly identical to las vegas purple kush imho....except the pk tends to veg a hair faster and stretch a tiny bit more...flavor and smell are almost identical in my experience

Last edited:

Grendelkhan

Pre-98 bubba kush! Honestly one of my favorites of all times. She can take a beating with huge ppm's and you really have to work to get her messed up. Her tastes are some of the best around as many others have said. She doesn't produce that well. I find that the Katsu cut is a better producers than the Pre-98. She does seem to dominate anything that she crossed too but that is a good thing! I love this plant. I have kept her now for about 6 years because she just that good. For instance we have the flood of outside smoke that come this time of year. Well whats a grower to do? You grow out Pre-98 bubba because you know that its the bee's knees, you know that it kicks the crap out of 99% of the other smoke thats out there, and you ask for the top shelf prices and don't take a penney less than what your asking! She's just that dammed good.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
How does BOG's Sour bubble compare to the pre 98 bubba to all those whom have tried both?

DD

If you get a pheno of that is sour bubble dom it can taste, look, and smell almost exactly like the pre98. Also can be severely narcotic..

Headband = original diesel = daywrecker

i don't see how headband could have one of its own offspring (SD) as a parent??

unless someone used the name "headband" for a seed line of OGxSD?

Ya Headband is def not the same as daywrecker.. headband is way way more sour

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
How does BOG's Sour bubble compare to the pre 98 bubba to all those whom have tried both?

DD

Another vote for Sour Bubble. Although I've not grown out either yet, I was advised by Lapides that if I wanted the Pre 98 and couldn't get it, I should buy the SB. He found multiple phenos in Sour Bubble that were almost identical to the Pre 98, which only got binned because he slightly preferred the trusty old cut to the plants from seed.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Whats new ICAMG fam. Back after a short hiatus. I am a confirmed Bubba fanatic. Great smoke and easy to grow. The girl below is from a grow a few years ago. You also won't find a more beautiful plant while flowering. As stated by others Sour Bubble is as close to her as I have seen in seed form and some cuts look dead on. I gave this cut to many grower friends n my area so hopefully she has been spread all over the state. Love, peace, and hair grease.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice pics guys - thanks for keeping the thread going. my ambition is to pull 1 gpw from the pre-98 bubba cut. i got fairly close last time... just needs a bit more dialling. modular scrog of course.
46 days - 52watts of LED did this -
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

keep it coming... breeding tips, pics, theories.....

VG :tiphat:

Rjstoner

i was surprised to find that there didnt seem to be a thread dedicated to this most righteous of tokes. I was lucky enough to be gifted this cut (the pre 98) along with some others from a friend :thank you: and this is defo approaching grail-like status for me.
VG :tiphat:

Agreed!! ive had my bubba growing for longer than any other strain i have.
i grew it for the first time about 4 years ago when i started doing indoor and my buddie gave me some bubba, glad i knew how to clone cause its one i plan to keep for a lifetime:bow:

big twinn

Veteran
How long do you guys think pre-98 should be cured for her smell and taste to really come out? Im getting way more flavor from the LA Pure Kush right now and i was expecting quite a skunky mocha coffee punch from the pre-98.

Latest posts

Latest posts