What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Pie strain from Humboldt?

A buddy of mine gave me some seeds of a supposed Humboldt strain called "Cherry Pie".

I couldn't find any info on a strain known by this name. Any help would be appreciated. I would just grow all them out and keep the best one as a mother, but I don't have that much space at the moment or a desire to put time into a strain that I won't be happy with.

Thought I'd follow up on this one.

Grew out 10 beans. One didn't sprout and 3 were females. Composted the males. Ended up topping them and bending down the main stems for training. Took 3 clones of each, one for a temporary mother and two for round 2, SOG style in 1-gal soil under the 400hps. One will be pulled with trichs cloudy some clear, the other 50/50 amber cloudy. I figure this way I'll be able to compare the 3 in a lst and sog style grows and see which one I want to keep for the future.

They were very fragrant from the start of veg, all had dark stems. In flower, leaves got very dark, but looked healthy. The 3 didn't yield very much, but they did get frosty as shit and look to be some danky dank. Smell is very berry like. Taste is awesome. On the exhale you can really taste the sweetness. The smell of the smoke is perfume-like and aromatic. Definitely leaves a pleasant fruity aroma in the room.

Last edited:
update: still got the cherry pie going. had maybe 4 combined rounds of in and outdoor crops. seems to go purple/dark leaves every time no matter what temps grown at. always has sticky, wet resin glands in abundance. fruity fuely smell with good taste. medium yielder. has the best aroma when you come back into the room after smoking it earlier. high is pretty good. probably give it an 8/10.

under extreme stress, she'll throw a few nanners. leaves are more indica looking with heavy serrations along the edge. dead leaves seem to have strong stems as they take good amt of force to remove them. growth pattern is kinda lanky/thin branches, but lots of them. great for bush-style or lst training. buds are decent size with good density. i'm guessing there's some type of urkle genetics in her.

definitely one of the better strains i've ever smoked and i don't even know what it is. whenever my buddys smoke someone out with it, they always ask where they can get some - sorry buddy, nfs. i guess it must be good. someday i'll get my act together and drop some off at a club to let others enjoy her too.

here she is somewhere around 6wks or so. first time grown with 1000w hps. organic coco/compost blend:

update:
here's some more cherry pie @49 or so days (finally remembered when i flipped 12/12). gettin' close to finish, starting to really swell up gonna stop feeding them. 1kw eye hortilux bulb, xtrasun ballast, 3x3 hydrohut silver, coco/compost/reclaim soil/worm castings, 3gal pots, hand watered w/fish emulsion, P-guano, meta-K, catalyst, blackstrap molasses, humic acid, fulvic acid, worm casting tea. and just because, 2nd 2 are hindu kush skunk.

J

Jeff Lebowski

Pottery,

Your setup, was it costly to assemble? I only ask because at some time in the future (my deams) I hope to be able to grow my own meds again and your little description is what I was thinking for myself. A little tent hid away with a 1k bulb in coco sounds nice and simple. Let me know, good job btw on those plants man.....I hope they work for you.

No problem mon :joint: Thanks guys.

Jeff - i don't think it is a costly setup at all, but i didn't pay for it all, nor all at once. i have tried a few other ways of growing and i like the tent the most out of all of them. the setup running now consists of this:

1x Mother/clone/veg cabinet: old dresser that i found. i think it's approx. 18"Dx32"Wx32"T. took drawers out and made drawer faces into a big swinging door, lined it with mylar and white paint on floor. ventilation is 2 axial fans 1exhaust 2canopy. 2 duct holes at bottom. lights are an old 8-light bathroom bar fixture cut in half and mounted parallel w/cfl daylight bulbs. going to be making.

can be made probably around $100-300 depending on how many things you have to buy. i technically recycled most of the stuff on that cab.

1x Flower tent: 3x3 hydrohut silver edition, actually 39"x39"x6'something. I really like it and chose it over other tents mainly because of roof supporting more weight + better designed supports + thought hydrohut would be the most innovative to try and bring customer base back. so far i'm VERY happy. they can be had for under 300.

lighting is a 1kw xtrasun for now until i can pull electrical for my 1kw lumatek someday. hood is a radiant 8. bulb is eye hortilux. i got all that lighting equipment from my friend for FREE. i used to have a 400w hps i bought from HIDhut 3yrs ago, but that crapped out on me and I upgraded with the 1kw. good HPS lighting costs $, but consider it an investment.

ventilation is a 3yr old 6" panasonic whisperline inline fan. so far so good, but it is HUGE. filter is a can33. canopy currently has one clipon fan around 8-10".

current grow medium is a homebrew mix of coco, recycled soil, worm castings, and compost. coco content is only around 50%. i'm treating this like a soil grow, but now that i've seen what coco can do......they're in 3gal pots w/individual trays. i hand water every 2-3days with brewed up nutes. In this grow i mainly used fish emulsion, P-guano, meta-K, catalyst, blackstrap molasses, humic acid, fulvic acid, occasional ej microblast. also used some ej grow + bloom for 1st 2weeks in flower until i ran out of them. also got an occasional compost or casting tea.

whew! less typie, more smokie...

officialseeds

Nice plants Highonpottery (hate to thread bump but...)

I havn't seen much talk of this strain online, but have heard it being hyped up and available at some dispensaries in northern california. Is this the same cherry pie?

Nice plants Highonpottery (hate to thread bump but...)

I havn't seen much talk of this strain online, but have heard it being hyped up and available at some dispensaries in northern california. Is this the same cherry pie?

mind informing me as to where you've heard they hype of the cherry pie? i've never come across anyone who's heard of it before. i've only gifted the cut out to one person so far. so i dunno, it *could* be the same.

btw...that 15gal tote produced about 5oz of sweet, stinky goodness. definitely a better way to get more weight out of her since she yields so low. could benefit from a second lower bud trim job besides the one i do after they stretch - hopefully that will keep more energy at the colas. we'll see how they do outdoors this year. in years past, i've always kept them small and did late-season minis, this years are 4' tall and flowering along nicely.

officialseeds

/edit/

im getting conflicting info now from my contact, but I was first told about it in the bay area a month or so ago.

Time will tell I guess. I'll just have to keep my eyes open for any cuts in the mean time, from the sound of it I better not hold my breath. :)

RUDEBOI

I've heard of a strain called "Cherry Pie"! AF that travels to the PNW has been braggin' about it for close to 10 years!LOL I read you mention humboldt and who knows whether or not its one in the same strain but I wouldn't be surprised because you say yours is dank as hell and my friend has been braggin on it 4 like 4 eva. Real talk. I have read something about it on weedtrack*&$%* but can't confirm or deny the lineage. I do remember it saying something about a possible kush/ strawberry cough cross maybe, not sure, I do smoke a lot of Kush!LOL Anyways I hope you find the info your lookin for and looks like you have some nice Chit!

DKBuddy

fuck that looks awesome!=!=!=!=!
great strain there man would LOVE to get a couple beeeans!!! boy.. :) lovely!!

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
She looks friggn niiiiice.. Sounds tasty as well.. Keep us updated... Id like to find some of those beans as well.. bbl peace.

sack

T

theJointedOne

yeah there were a bunch of guys talking this stuff up on Weedtracker. I would love to try it, name sounds too good to miss! great lookng buds!!!