What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush did a gardening

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I didn't realize so many days had gone by without any photos. Sorry about that. Anyway, the stretch is over. I thought it would stretch waaay more than this. Oh well. Now let's see how far the buds grow vertically, otherwise this will be a poor yield. You win some, you lose some. :cool:

Day 27 of 11/13:

pmnHxEw.jpg

laqvT3u.jpg

The Golden Tigers are vegging away in the mother cabinet. One of them will be next in this tent! :biggrin:

PgFCBBH.jpg

SolarLogos

I didn't realize so many days had gone by without any photos. Sorry about that. Anyway, the stretch is over. I thought it would stretch waaay more than this. Oh well. Now let's see how far the buds grow vertically, otherwise this will be a poor yield. You win some, you lose some. :cool:

Day 27 of 11/13:

View Image

View Image

The Golden Tigers are vegging away in the mother cabinet. One of them will be next in this tent! :biggrin:

View Image
Personally, I think those buds are going to grow enough vertically as well as horizontally, to be one of the best scrogs on here. It looks pretty darn good to me. Gets better each posting.
Peace, God bless

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 30.

qYqDlIu.jpg

0oVluWC.jpg

GwTfGAD.jpg

Little bit of nute burn starting on the tips there. I'm gonna lower the ppm on the next res change.

dugzy

Nice and tidy in there hush! i never mastered SCROG but i am an impatient person says my better half

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The Golden Tigers in the veg cab:

O7faX4q.jpg

First I was overfeeding them, then I was underfeeding them, and now I think I've gotten it dialed in. I'll figure it out. :biggrin:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I planned on changing out the res last night but my res-change pump crapped out on me. So I gotta go buy another one, but in the mean time I've just added pure water to the res and pH-adjusted. This will lower the nute concentration to finally put an end to that creeping nute burn on the leaf tips. Everything is nice and healthy though. The fade started a lot sooner than I had expected. It's opened up the canopy again, allowing light through to the lower buds beneath the screen, and I'm hoping that will increase the yield a slight bit.

The aroma is almost entirely lemons. Maybe lemon-lime, depending on time of day. So, it's just sweet. No spice. No funk, really. Just, lemony and fresh.

:cool:

Azure

So what do you think Hush? Are you liking the Panama?
The Golden Tiger should put on a really good show!
Looking forward to your next grow too!
Peace

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
So what do you think Hush? Are you liking the Panama?
The Golden Tiger should put on a really good show!
Looking forward to your next grow too!
Peace

Well, it's still way too early to draw conclusions, but so far I have no complaints about the Panama. Other than I wish it stretched more, and I wish it was a red pheno. But I have a few more seeds, and I'll be ordering the feminized version on the next order, so I really do want to find a keeper and I'm not going to stop until I do. It doesn't grow the way I expected it to, like a jungle sativa... It's rather a lot like a squat indica plant, and like I said, it didn't stretch much. But if one knew that ahead of time, one could adjust. So I don't know if I'll keep this one, because I plan on getting the fem variety soon, but if it's a common pheno or something, no big deal.

I'm looking forward to the Golden Tiger grows myself! I'm still only going to do one clone at a time, so I have to choose which one to do first. I kind of want to know more about that vining pheno, the one that grows outward instead of up. I wonder if it's worth keeping around, and so I keep wanting to do that one first, but if it sucks, or gives me a sucky yield, I won't be happy, so maybe I should go with one of the other ones. And at this point, I don't remember which of those three is which. One of them never showed me any pre-flowers, and like a fool I never marked it. I would have preferred to go with one of the known females.

But whatever, it's all good. I'm just going to stop trimming the mothers and let them bush out a bit. The one I'm looking for had an identifiable structure. So it's all good. I'll identify her, take about 4 cuts, and throw one or two under the screen in the next round.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Dubi messaged me and suggested that my plants are being underfed. I immediately replied to him that I don't see how, since they're showing nute burn on the tips, and I've had to back off. But it got me thinking, because I mean, this is his plant, he's gotta know what he's talking about. And I've been wondering why the "fade" was happening so early on the fan leaves, which had to be what he's talking about, so I thought about it some more...

Then it came to me. I pulled the wrapping off of the rockwool cube, and lo and behold:

2qyFnZo.jpg

It's frickin rootbound! :bashhead:

I never thought about that because it's never happened to me before in a rockwool cube. That seems strange, but it's the truth. And I've grown plants in these same cubes that lived for close to a year before transplanting them, so it's just odd to me. But that's what's going on.

So tomorrow I'm going to go buy some clay balls and pour them in there, submerging the cube. I just might start doing that permanently from now on in all of my flood tables.

Look at me... an old dog learning new tricks.

Latest posts

Latest posts