Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2018, 10:04 AM #11
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by LungCooking View Post
no AACT brewing yet?
Hahaha not yet. Maybe I should break out my stuff and brew one up to boost the breakdown of those organic amendments i put into my beds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tleaf jr. View Post
justiceman is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2018, 11:07 PM #12
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
Alright these seedling are coming along nicely

The mix is slightly too hot but it’s not overkill either. Just giving them plain water when they want it nothing else. FFOF is some strong stuff even diluted with EWC and perlite. I typically go with LC’s mix #1 as it is softer on seeds than mix #2 IME.

Farm Cheese

Afgooey(as you can see this one is feeling the FFOF the most. No worries it will mellow out over time)

Blueberry Gum #2

Outlaw

Last edited by justiceman; 06-08-2018 at 11:43 PM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:05 PM #13
LungCooking

LungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by justiceman View Post
Hahaha not yet. Maybe I should break out my stuff and brew one up to boost the breakdown of those organic amendments i put into my beds.

Yeah! that raised bed of yours is asking for it!

Are you using rock dust?
LungCooking is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2018, 09:38 PM #14
justiceman

Quote:
Yeah! that raised bed of yours is asking for it!

Are you using rock dust?
I mixed azomite rock dust into my beds a while back. I'm not sure how often I need to replenish that or if I even need to at all. I'm assuming it stays for quite a long time so I opted to not add any more this time around.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:53 PM #15
justiceman

These little ladies are coming along nicely. Just getting plain tap water. No need to add anything else.

I found my pump and air stones. I just need to go pick up some more EWC or compost, and some kelp. Hell I may have ran out of molasses as well.... LungCooking got the compost tea bug in me! I'll most likely make a 5-10gal batch and dilute it among the two raised beds. Compost tea is going to help break down and stabilize the soil even more in preparation for the young ones that will soon enter the stage. Although I'm sure I could get by without it since I just added some EWC to the beds however the glory of compost tea is it never hurts and can only help.

Turned my beds again yesterday. The smell of blood and bone is gone and now the soil smells pleasant and earthy.

Afgooey

Blueberry Gum #2

Farm Cheese

Outlaw

Old 06-11-2018, 10:37 PM #16
LungCooking

LungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really niceLungCooking is just really nice
ahnn yes.. i like to use brewer´s yeast too and alfafa pelets, those holded together with molasses.
A nice thermostat to set temps to 28c and a 60L/Min pump and you have all the fun set

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:28 PM #17
justiceman

Quote:
ahnn yes.. i like to use brewer´s yeast too and alfafa pelets, those holded together with molasses.
A nice thermostat to set temps to 28c and a 60L/Min pump and you have all the fun set

I have not tried brewers yeast or alfalfa in my tea's before. I'd imagine those are some pretty good additions. I do have my thermostat and and my super sweet 60l pump though. Love that damn pump. It put's all the weak aquarium pumps to shame.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 PM #18
LungCooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by justiceman View Post
I have not tried brewers yeast or alfalfa in my tea's before. I'd imagine those are some pretty good additions. I do have my thermostat and and my super sweet 60l pump though. Love that damn pump. It put's all the weak aquarium pumps to shame.

After i started using, i didnt stop anymore, actually im reading a lot of things about effect of yeast on plants.

I found this article about Yeast and Oil production from Borago Officinalis, seemed quite interesting

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...alis-Plant.pdf

Ahh yea, those weak aquarium pumps dont manage to maintain the do2 at 6ppm in the compost tea...

Old 06-13-2018, 09:07 PM #19
justiceman

Quote:
After i started using, i didnt stop anymore, actually im reading a lot of things about effect of yeast on plants.

I found this article about Yeast and Oil production from Borago Officinalis, seemed quite interesting

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...alis-Plant.pdf

Ahh yea, those weak aquarium pumps dont manage to maintain the do2 at 6ppm in the compost tea...
Thank you for the link I'll have to read up on that.

Yup in the past I tried to make some teas with those aquarium pumps and they did "ok", but produced nowhere near the earthy smell that the 60l pump provides. Waterfalls work pretty good too but it's a bit more of a hassle to build IMO.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:30 PM #20
justiceman

Yo everyone! These seedlings are starting to push. The leaf sets are coming in and their strength grows daily.

Still just plain ol tap water and love. I can’t wait to toss them outside. I hope everyone is having a fine day

Farm Cheese

Blueberry Gum #2

Afgooey

Outlaw