What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PCK x ErdPurt - limited edition

Morglie

I have a couple of PCK x Erdpurt going outside. Both of them are what I presume are the deformed pheno and I gave them about 2 months growth indoors before I transplanted them outside about a month ago. One has turned into a fairly normal looking plant, but the other one has leaves that have remained very thin fingered and large. Is this some freak sativa hidden in the genetics somewhere? I would take a cutting to save it, but it's already started flowering and I don't want to battle auto flowering traits.

Attachments

• IMG_20180611_172954.jpg
    IMG_20180611_172954.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180611_173013.jpg
    IMG_20180611_173013.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20180611_173030.jpg
    IMG_20180611_173030.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 18

musigny23

Thought I'd try PCK x Erdpurt this year. Where I live in Santa Cruz California, I'm just a mile from the ocean. Many indicas (that are popular in CA) mold easily here. My latitude and climate are probably similar to coastal Portugal, south of Lisbon. I'm hoping these turn out ok and resist molding.

Germinated in late March, this one went into flowering when transplanted to its permanent spot. But then warmer longer days sent it back into vegetative growth again with the lower branches shooting out. The center top cola you can see has the signs of flowering. Hopefully it won't end up very strange from that.

L1030542_zpsnouj6kmx.jpg

This one is a mutant. The mutant pheno that gets the 7th seed. It looks less mutant in the photo but it's slowly getting more normal. It was really weird at the beginning. But I read somewhere that the mutants get more normal later so I kept it to see what happens and gave it a corner spot. The plant is now 3 months old. The mutants seem to grow very slowly.

L1030590_zpsm7qyefgi.jpg

Because of the mutant I cracked another seed a few weeks later. Not sure but maybe this is an Erdpurt pheno. So, this one is behind the other two but doing well.

L1030538_zpsm5z5rcuy.jpg

Easy7

Veteran
People have issues with afghans on the coast of cali? Now that I think of it cali afghan based breeds are usually special. Not many strait from the seedbank afghans in cali that I know of, which doesn't say much about what I've seen.

musigny23

People have issues with afghans on the coast of cali? Now that I think of it cali afghan based breeds are usually special. Not many strait from the seedbank afghans in cali that I know of, which doesn't say much about what I've seen.

They do when they're as close to the ocean as I am. 1.5 km from the ocean and 65m altitude. Nights are always cool and humidity high, with coastal low clouds and fog happening often during the season. Afternoons are mostly bright sun so that helps. But it's only a narrow strip along the coast that's like this. Once you get 10-20km from the ocean it gets much warmer and drier. Mostly CA growing that you would hear about goes on there.

If the kush or Afghan strain is finished by September 20 or so it might be ok. And of course you don't lose everything but you can lose 40% of the yield and nearly all of the big top buds. So rather than keep on experiencing that I moved away from growing them.

Easy7

Veteran
I don't think afghans always do well here either. Lot's of different afghans so it's hard to say. Depends on the year as it can rain anytime. Last fall was very rainy before it usually does. As well as hot and humid on days with no rain. Climate always changes here.

I was just curious f I ever win the lotto and make a big move.

musigny23

I don't think afghans always do well here either. Lot's of different afghans so it's hard to say. Depends on the year as it can rain anytime. Last fall was very rainy before it usually does. As well as hot and humid on days with no rain. Climate always changes here.

I was just curious f I ever win the lotto and make a big move.

Where are you?

Here, there is mostly no real rain during flowering season except when there is, if the buds are are big, the mold explodes on those strains.

I wouldn't want a full greenhouse but an easy way to protect them from when wind and rain come through would be nice. I don't do indoor, I don't like it. I'm very old school, sunlight and organic soil only for me.