What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I lost my wife and best friend today

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Very sorry to read this.
My heart goes with you and your family on these hard times.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
God bless you Garhart in your time of sorrow. I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Mister_D

Veteran
Truly sorry for your loss garhart. Can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. Sounds like you were lucky enough to have great woman in your life, consider yourself very fortunate for that. Not many people get to meet their soul mate. It's nothing short of tragic that she's gone so soon, but remember life goes on. She'd want you to move past this, and continue being happy. Worst thing you can do is beat yourself up over it. When it's your time, it's your time, nothing anybody can do to stop that. I was recently involved in a pretty serious car accident. Nothing short of a miracle I'm not dead right now actually. While I was in the hospital things were really put in perspective for me and my ole' lady, how hard it would be if one of us passed. Needless to say your story really hit home for me.......

Keep your head up brother, brighter days are on the horizon :comfort:.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't imagine how you feel. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of sorrow.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
"One sees clearly only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eye."
"the little Prince"

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
Do Not Cry

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there; I did not die.

-Anonymous

mack 10

Veteran
man that's terrible news, don't really know what to say?
stuff just happens so quick.

BatmanX

The good ones go young my friend. Keep your head up, i'm sure the whole sites good vibes and prayers are with you.

Hash Man

I can't imagine how you feel right now. Stay strong. I hope you can get through this hard time by celebrating her life and your love for each other.

Garhart

Thank you all .Well, I made it through my first night alone. I awoke and put on the tshirt that she had washed for me 36 hours ago. She usually would tritraite he methadone in the morning. Guess I will have to try to figure that one out . Sitting here with the grocery list of stuff she bought for us to eat . She had bought a box of 70 watt indicaniant light bubs for the bathroom to help keep it warm in there where one of our cats sleep.
She made me a whole person. Dear god please be good to her for me. Life is so percious and fragile and so delicate and so are we all. I was so blessed by life with her. She was so wonderful. and I was so blessed.
I have to feed the cats , will use the tuna that she bought for them 36 short hours ago .

Garhart

This community is wonderful. In the strangest sort of way, this site has become my home in many ways . I have never posted much on here, but I have spent more time on this site than any other. I go to the truthout site one in a while, but mostly here.
It seems like most web sites try to further divide and separate people.
I have come to recognize so many of your usernames, and maybe it was the love I had in my own life at the time, but I felt so much goodwill and care exuding from many of your posts.
It is so magical how nature has given us the ability to grow and participate in the beauty of life.