in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Grow Journals vs Grow Diaries

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Grow Journals vs Grow Diaries Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM #1
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Grow Journals vs Grow Diaries

Many of you already know that we have a whole section of icmag for Grow Journals, but you might not know the advantages of using it.

The main advantage is that all your grow journals will appear in one place without getting lost on back pages of the Grow Diaries. Plus when someone views your profile, there's a button at top to access all your grow journals.

So if you want to keep your grows organized and easily accessible to all, use the Grow Journals.

Also using the grow journals allows your original post to be viewed on all pages.

The way to use it, is to start a "new journal entry" for each grow. Then you and others can comment on it until the journal is complete. Then start another new journal entry for your next grow.

So you might want to visit those grow journals more often and check out how they work.

And don't forget to post a brief summary of your grow in our Grow Reports area.
Skip is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:29 AM #2
OrganicGrowerMi

OrganicGrowerMi will become famous soon enoughOrganicGrowerMi will become famous soon enough
Thanks im almost ready to start mine
OrganicGrowerMi is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2013, 11:16 AM #3
willyweed

me too ,you make it sound so simple skip. i will be back for more info for sure many thanks

Old 04-05-2013, 12:28 PM #4
oldhaole

oldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud of
I don't know Skip.

If I was running a single strain it would be the way to go.

By it's very definition a journal is a bit limiting. I run bunches of strains in a year, and doing a journal on each would be...well....let's just say....one dimensional...aka boring.

Allow me to give you an example. This year I'm playing with a Thai strain. Start to finish it'll take eight months....a single journal on that would be like watching paint dry.

The diaries on the other hand can go wherever you want them to. I can encompass an entire year....many different strains....my progress in building the perfect garden. I can wander...talk story with my friends. All in the same place. And when it's done, I can kiss it goodbye and start all over. Just like most of us do every single year.

I think a Diary is a more personal thing. Covering more ground. If people like your shit...they'll find it and read it. If they don't, they won't.

Just my 2 cents.

Just Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Three.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=204197 Long Season 2011....done.

Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Four.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=223284 Short Season 2011-2012....done.

Still Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Five.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4995530 Long Season 2012....done.

Not Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Six.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5571647 Short, Long, and Short Seasons 2013....done.

Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Embracing the Suck.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=281490 Whole Year 2014.

Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Do it Again.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300355 The Story Never Ends.
oldhaole is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 AM #5
McNerdius

McNerdius is on a distinguished road
Small quirk... It seems using the Journal has bitten me in the ass a bit. And by a bit, i mean just that - a very small bit. My journal posts don't count toward post count. I understand im still a noob to this site, havent been around that long, can always participate more, etc. But what can i say, i use the search function to find answers (and god DAMN there are a shitload of answers to be found here) and i post when i have something to share, never to bump my post count. Because of that, things tend to add up slowly for me here, and on any forum i'm part of.

I'll let the reader decide if post count matters or not. All i'm sayin is - should posting in one place count and the other not ?

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 PM #6
hicksticky
Still at large...

hicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to beholdhicksticky is a splendid one to behold
hicksticky has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I'm hearin ya Mcnerd why is that any way?
hicksticky is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:38 PM #7
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, you're correct that the Journals don't add to the number of posts you have. Other areas and some forums (like the introduce yourself forum) also don't add to your total.

I'll looked at your journals and you should be given more credit for your posts there, so I've upped your post count now, so you should be a full member by tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing this out. If others have the same problem, PM me and I'll help you out.

-Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNerdius View Post
Small quirk... It seems using the Journal has bitten me in the ass a bit. And by a bit, i mean just that - a very small bit. My journal posts don't count toward post count. I understand im still a noob to this site, havent been around that long, can always participate more, etc. But what can i say, i use the search function to find answers (and god DAMN there are a shitload of answers to be found here) and i post when i have something to share, never to bump my post count. Because of that, things tend to add up slowly for me here, and on any forum i'm part of.

I'll let the reader decide if post count matters or not. All i'm sayin is - should posting in one place count and the other not ?

"Prohibition is the gateway to fascism." - Treewizard
Skip is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:48 PM #8
McNerdius

McNerdius is on a distinguished road
wow, thank you

Old 07-06-2014, 01:17 AM #9
Headys

Headys will become famous soon enough
So to clarify, Grow Journals now count for post count? Or do we need to write you? I'm about to start a few for my various grows and want to start them the correct way.
Headys is offline Quote

Old 08-18-2014, 05:50 AM #10
aucado54

aucado54 is on a distinguished road
good point(s). I am a "NOOB"myself and hoping to have the discipline to make regular grow journal(s).
aucado54 is offline Quote