What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Bon Scott

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
May he rest in peace,

one spliff to your good friend Bon Scott as well as to your good health, motaloca. :) :joint:

picture.php

one love

R

RNDZL

wow 30 years

still love to hear him do whole lotta rosie and other old classics

rip bon

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow he died a month after i was born, i never knew...
I grew up listening to AC/DC's songs,,, R.I.P Bon Scott,,,Ronald Belford "Bon" Scott (9 July 1946 – 19 February 1980)

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
I remember where I was driving & the spot we pulled over at to burn one in honor, when it came over the radio. 21st & Hawthorne.

The dewd could howl like no other! :yes:

R.I.P.

V

vonforne

When I was in the Marines I went to Perth W. Australia. Fremantle is the next little town. That was in 1981, they did not have a tribute there for him then. I wet to the old city hall in Perth....they used to play there this friend of mine told me. She was from Fremantle also.

We sat down smoked some Thai sticks and listened to AC\DC.

I always liked his voice better.

RIP Bon.

Von

ColBatGuano

"Let there be light", and there was light.
"Let there be sound", and there was sound.
"Let there be drums", and there was drums.
"Let there be guitar", and there was guitar.

"LET THERE BE ROCK!"

:rtfo::moon:
:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange
:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange

OrganicMeds

When I was in the Marines I went to Perth W. Australia. Fremantle is the next little town. That was in 1981, they did not have a tribute there for him then. I wet to the old city hall in Perth....they used to play there this friend of mine told me. She was from Fremantle also.

We sat down smoked some Thai sticks and listened to AC\DC.

I always liked his voice better.

RIP Bon.

Von

His grave is in Fremantle cemetery, there was heaps of people there today. There is now a great bronze statue of him in Fremantle also ;)

I get to see them live in 2 weeks cant wait for there show!

picture.php

picture.php

MickTheBrag

AC/DC

AC/DC

and to think now one of AC/DCs albums "back in black" is now the biggest selling album by any band in the world ever.:gday:

over 40 million copies worldwide.

wonder what bon would think of that.:) \m/

that new album as well "black ice" sold 800.000 copies in the first week just shows 70s/80s heavy metal is some of the best music ever or on paper it is the best ever.:)

peace. mick.:dance013:

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I've got big balls, yes I've got big balls
and they're such big balls, dirty big balls
and he's got big balls
and she's got big balls
but we've got the biggest
balls of them all

some balls are held for charity and some for fancy dress
but when they're held for pleasure they're the balls that I like best :D

more sack
more sack
more sack

I'm a rocker... I'm a roller

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
and here I though it was a personal friend to motaloca, not a rock star, nonetheless, the spliff was smoked a long time ago, good health to all, peace

ColBatGuano

My first solo concert without the parents was an AC/DC gig. There were open areas in the arena near the FOH stacks on either side of the stage. My friends and I decided to stand there to be close to the action. When I couldn't light a cigarette because the blast from the stacks kept blowing out the lighter, I realized why no one else was standing there. My ears rang for days afterward. It was awesome!

Perpetual Nooch

Yeah, for me it isn't ACDC without Bon Scott. I admit I like Back in Black but Brian Johnson doesn't compare IMO. RIP Bon Scott. In tribute I think I am going to play:

Ain't No Fun Waiting Round to be a Millionaire

and then:

High Voltage (I love cranking this song, I don't know why; it just rocks)

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw Bon perform during his last tour in Europe. The very next year, without missing a beat, Back in Black tour with Brian at the same venue.

Let there be ROCK!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He went out at the top. Too bad tho, he missed out on a lot of the rewards that he had been working for.

H

HippyJohnny

:smokeit:R.I.P Bon Scott

"Shot down in flames..."

Another victim of the deadly drug alcohol.

Latest posts

Latest posts