Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2018, 10:07 PM #1031
Mengsk

Mengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really niceMengsk is just really nice
"I stand corrected" might be appropriate re: my preconceived notions about indica dominance or prevalence in indoor gardening. That is a sativa hybrid and looks fantastic, great job. In a hybrid I suppose you could have big plant kush buds, small plant fluffy buds, big plant sativa high, big plant indica high etc.
Mengsk is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 12:32 AM #1032
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant future
noreason has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengsk View Post
"I stand corrected" might be appropriate re: my preconceived notions about indica dominance or prevalence in indoor gardening. That is a sativa hybrid and looks fantastic, great job. In a hybrid I suppose you could have big plant kush buds, small plant fluffy buds, big plant sativa high, big plant indica high etc.

Yo buddy sorry I can't understand maybe. Do you mean how NZH being a sativa hybrid turn out looking more like an indica and not like a sativa? Mainly because of the temperature if this is the question. If the plant has no need to elongate cells to provide more transpiration surface the bud will be more dense.

GOD IS THE SUPREME FLOWERING OF INDIVIDUAL AWARENESS.OSHO
Sharing is caring

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......
noreason is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:43 PM #1033
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by noreason View Post
Yo buddy sorry I can't understand maybe. Do you mean how NZH being a sativa hybrid turn out looking more like an indica and not like a sativa? Mainly because of the temperature if this is the question. If the plant has no need to elongate cells to provide more transpiration surface the bud will be more dense.

So if a plant stretches if the environment is hot for the purposes of transpiration and cooling, isn't most of this stretch going into stems and increased node spacing? Plants don't transpire on stems, and do taller plants have more leaves?

P.S. Amazing fade on those. You did the GG4 proper justice
PaulieWaulie is online now Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 06:10 PM #1034
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant future
Thanks Paulie Could have let'em a couple of days more, but I'm still learning a lot on flushing and I want to try to let the NZH tray go for a longer flushing till leaves starts to turn brown/dried in good number. Will see.

About stretching, yes you're right on the stem. It's the more visible part of the plant doing this.

Try to picture a pure sativa plant, grown in its own hot and humid climate. Think about the buds. It has not a real bud, but just some amount of calixes here and there.
That flower shape give the plant the possibility to be in contact with more air, increasing transpiration. It's a must also for fungi attacks, a good airflow prevent spores germination and grow.

Coming back to shape of the flower, basically like the stem, also those tissue can elongate. It's called cellular elongation and it's the same mechanism we can see in the stems.

So basically temp. is the key and it can switch the plant having a more indica or a more sativa structure, and flower's shape.

That's the main reason I prefer to grow short bushy indicas in the summer if I can, and let the sativas for the winter. However a sativa live better in the summer...grow more, live for more months, that's good for the plant...but obviously it's not good for us, searching dense nuggets.

About the stretching itself for a single strain...well there are many factor contributing to have more or less stretch, but for sure temp is one of those. High temps let's say don't help to keep a plant bushy you know...

ps: I tried once a product named bio-control from a Dutch company. It prevent cellular elongation...and it does indeed. With such product we can modify the game, but let's say it's not my style.

Sharing is caring

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:00 PM #1035
noreason
Natural born Grower

For those who like NewZealand Haze...60days flowering...wondering what's the lineage, anybody knows?

Couple of gg4 shots too

Sharing is caring

Old 10-12-2018, 09:06 PM #1036
noreason
Natural born Grower

More of GG4

Sharing is caring

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:16 PM #1037
noreason
Natural born Grower

Fabric pots works. Hydrotons and perlite work too. Roots are happy.

Some went on the tray...not many. In the pictures they're already dried.

Last...in these pictures you can see clay pebbels...they're from ATAMI and probably the cheapest ones. They're heavier compared to regular hydroton...but well...it works too. In any case, I'll not use it anymore.

Sharing is caring

Old 10-12-2018, 09:49 PM #1038
noreason
Natural born Grower

NZH on the left finishing to flower, Orange Diesel in the corner and Sherbet x PlatinumCookies on the right. Being a perpetual 12/12 room I can't switch to 18/6 for some days so very very important to me is to have the correct size clones ready to flower and stretch to fill the space...meaning a decent veggie setup.

The room is powered by 3 dimmable Lumatek 400V. Used a lot of them and never a fail...rock solid stuff +++

OrangeDiesel just arrived in the room.

Sharing is caring

Old 10-12-2018, 10:05 PM #1039
noreason
Natural born Grower

First hydro round for Sherbet x Platinum (pheno #4). Best thing of this cut is the aroma, intense for sure, a little fruity, a little kushy, sour...it's complicated but for sure it can be a long term keeper. I still keep another phenotype, really beautiful flowers but poor aroma...will see in the future if grow it again or not.

Clones are in both plastic pots (6,5lt.) and in fabric pots (7lt but they gain some liters when filling). I would guess in the winter is better to use plastic pot to avoid evaporation in the night, carry away the heat coming from the nutritive solution, but I'll see also this in a couple of months.

My real worry is about intersexual traits. It should be ok with that point, but others phenos showed this trait in the past, so eyes must be open especially from week 3 to week 6.

Overall plants are looking good with a good vigor ans a good structure.

Sharing is caring

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:41 PM #1040
BRUNEZ

BRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud ofBRUNEZ has much to be proud of
Unreal.. congratz NOREASON it's all amazing
BRUNEZ is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.