What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is my sensi WW ready for harvest? (Magnified photos)

powderful

Howdy folks!

Doing a run of sensi white widow, photos are of a sample bud i cut off to test (still drying) about 2 days ago.

I flipped the lights to 12/12 after the girls started showing signs they were female (tiny pistils). They are currently on day 69 of 12/12.

Using 400w hps, feeding biobizz line nutes in plagron allmix.

Any other info required?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That's right where I like it. More of an up effect rather than couch glue. Wait another week if you want a more lethargic effect or smoke it and see.

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the whole plant. Have not seen a current Sensi WW.

powderful

That's right where I like it. More of an up effect rather than couch glue. Wait another week if you want a more lethargic effect or smoke it and see.

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the whole plant. Have not seen a current Sensi WW.

Thanks for the input! I will quick dry it so I can sample it tomorrow.

I'll go snap a few photos, bear in mind we have had a heat wave and this is the result of my first cloning attempt so they are a little small and runty :)

Last edited:

powderful

Those look like they will be dank. Let us know how she smoke!

Thanks buddy :tiphat:

I took a sample bud from one of the girls a week earlier (week 8) just to see the difference and hopefully I will get the chance to test these two against each other this weekend.

If all goes well I will be able to test week 8, 9 and 10 against each other. On previous grows I have had the mindset of not wanting to cut samples off because I didn't want to stress the plants but now I am happy I did!

I have reached post 100 :D

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That's the best way to find out when the best Harvest date is, sample them at different stages.

No worries, clipping a bud won't stress them. But I know how you feel. Got this far don't want to take chances now.

Btw was this a Sensi fem or reg seed?

insomniac_AU

Looking good mate. Personally I'd give them another week of flush. Just to try and get a bit more fade. I don't see any amber trichs so I don't think they will be over ripe. Good job anyway. :tiphat:

clearheaded

ya looks like another week 10 days easy they will bulk up a bit and suck in the pistils. 1 looks a bit further on then the others. you can really tell when they go cloudy from far away as plants turn silverish.

usually takes longer then the companies say esp when not dialed in and under less then 600watts not from clones off a mature mom.

If I have two plants of a strain, I'll cut one at all cloudy trichomes and the other a couple weeks later, provided it's at the point where the buds have completely stopped swelling and growing.

In those last 2-3 weeks, the seed bracts pile on extra resin in an effort to protect that calyx and give it a chance to be fertilized before "the end" when they drop to the ground.

If you think they are ready, wait a week hahaha...

I don't ever flush.
I think it's a myth, honestly.

A plant will only take as much water as it is able to, and forcing water into the pot only flushes out nutrients.
I get it: people think that those nutrients are transported right to the plant's tissues, but they're wrong. All that ever comes up through the xylem and phloem is what the plant's roots have allowed through... mostly water, small amounts of nutrients that have been converted into a usable form.

The usable form isn't at all what you're watering in... it's often synthesized by the plant before ever getting into the pipeline.

Sure, flush all you like, just know that none of that is proven science.
All it does is damage the fan leaves and force them to fall off a little early after turning yellow. I've smoked a ton of weed in my day; flushed, unflushed... nutrients given, no nutrients added... never noticed much of a difference at all.

To me, it's all in the drying and curing.
You want smooth and flavorful bud? Do a fantastic job of drying and curing.