What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monsanto's 'cancer-causing' weedkiller destroyed my life, dying man tells court

therevverend

Veteran
Beekeeping my first year this year. Very rewarding. And one more reason to educate people about the truth.

Awesome you'll find beekeeping an immensely rewarding experience.
Buy the book Natural Beekeeping: Organic Approaches to Modern Apiculture, 2nd Edition.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Beekeeping-Organic-Approaches-Apiculture/dp/1603583629
The best, most comprehensive book on beekeeping. Worth every penny. If you're a beekeeper or thinking about beekeeping, or interested in the subject you must own this book.
I know it sounds negative but buying this book convinced me not to get back into beekeeping this year. he amount of care required to survive Colony Collapse Disorder is more then I can handle with my current health. The days when you could put a swarm in a hive, toss on a few boxes, and check it once a month are over. Now you need to check it every couple weeks, test for Varroa Mites regularly, replace your queen probably every year, rotate boxes regularly, plus a bunch of other stuff.
When I was beekeeping I never replaced my queens. The colony would naturally die off after 3 or 4 years. I quit right when colony collapse disorder was starting, my bees were starting to die off every two years. My buddy I mentored, who was trying to keep bees 5 years ago, lost his hives every winter.
The good news is that progress is being made and if you follow the methods in that book along with the good information you can find on the internet you will have a much greater rate of success. Of course banning Round Up would be a huge boost for beekeepers everywhere but I wouldn't hold my breath.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
You are not the first beekeeper I have talked to that quit or scaled back due to losing bees. Everyone of them believes systemic pesticides to be the biggest cause. I actual am learning from a friend who breeds queens. Which helps. But he still has suffered losses every winter. Its a skill I want to learn. So far I am very interested and soaking up info. I bought package bees and used a friends equipment. And a few hives are really packing in some honey. The others are a little behind. I put most of them at a couple of farms and one in my city yard. Which is outproducing all the rest. The kids love having it there.

Was a little sad when I realized they will not pollenate alot of my vegetable garden because they prefer to fly furthur. I see a few working now and then. I think I am going to get either mason bees or bumble bees in the spring. They won't make me any honey but will do a better job at pollenating a fenced in lot because the do not fly far.

troutman

Seed Whore
I wonder what Monsanto people would say if a crop duster sprayed their homes?

Something tells me they would be crying they got poisoned.

therevverend

Veteran
Glysophate doesn't directly kill bees like neonictinoids do, it destroys their sense of direction. They fly out of the hive and can't find their way back. It kills the lactobacillus and bifidobacterium bacteria in their gut that ferments honey. Glysophate affects crops making them unable to uptake micronutrients that bees need. And of course eliminates the 'weeds' that contain the protein, vitamins and minerals that bees need. If all a colony has to eat is, for instance, almond nectar and pollen they'll be malnourished. It's the same as humans only having almonds to eat.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...dst-of-pesticides_us_58c1ec02e4b0c3276fb7831c

The reason it's taken scientists so long, 15 years, to diagnose the cause of colony collapse disorder is that it's not one disease. I've talked about this in different threads in different contexts but the natural world doesn't work like an on/off sick/healthy good/bad switch. It's more complicated. Bees are dying off from a combination of diseases spread through modern farming practices like migratory beekeeping, and poor nutrition, a barrage of pesticides herbicides, and other man-made chemicals, GMOs. Hives get hit from so many angles they aren't strong enough to survive the winter. Or the bee equivalent of a common cold.
When the EPA approves a chemical it tests whether that chemical is toxic or not. It doesn't test what it's effects are when combined with other common chemicals in the environment. It's not unusual for testers to find over a dozen different chemicals in honey samples from bee hives. I'd be curious what the toxicity would be if you combined all the chemicals used on a large farm and found in honey, and whether it would be approved for human consumption.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Monsanto is sold to bayer.

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-Monsanto-sold-to-Bayer

so...why was gyphospate found in tampons and feminine napkins?

is that a close relationship with were contraception is?

The potential health implications from glyphosate are mounting, and it’s been linked to cancer by the World Health Organization (WHO). And this is what millions of women are exposing themselves unknowingly to every day.
https://actions.sumofus.org/a/what-is-monsanto-s-carcinogenic-herbicide-doing-in-tampons

DID AMERICA AND THE ALLIES WIN THE WAR? OR DID THE SECRETS FROM HITLERS BUNKER WIN OVER THE MINDS OF MEN?

I.G. Farben was the big corporation that owned the Auschwitz concentration death camps.
I.G. Farben was a merger between Bayer, BASF, AGFA, Hoechst, and some more companies. Some financiers of Hitlers Nazi party were Krupp, Thyssen and Royal Dutch Shell. The American Standard Oil (later Esso) owned half of I.G. Farben.
The criminal I.G. Farben and others made huge profits of the cheap slave labor in the concentration camps. This is an awful crime. Today these companies, ThyssenKrupp, Bayer etc are super big.

http://www.carlg.org/engnazi_crimes2.html

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Glysophate doesn't directly kill bees like neonictinoids do, it destroys their sense of direction. They fly out of the hive and can't find their way back. It kills the lactobacillus and bifidobacterium bacteria in their gut that ferments honey. Glysophate affects crops making them unable to uptake micronutrients that bees need. And of course eliminates the 'weeds' that contain the protein, vitamins and minerals that bees need. If all a colony has to eat is, for instance, almond nectar and pollen they'll be malnourished. It's the same as humans only having almonds to eat.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...dst-of-pesticides_us_58c1ec02e4b0c3276fb7831c

The reason it's taken scientists so long, 15 years, to diagnose the cause of colony collapse disorder is that it's not one disease. I've talked about this in different threads in different contexts but the natural world doesn't work like an on/off sick/healthy good/bad switch. It's more complicated. Bees are dying off from a combination of diseases spread through modern farming practices like migratory beekeeping, and poor nutrition, a barrage of pesticides herbicides, and other man-made chemicals, GMOs. Hives get hit from so many angles they aren't strong enough to survive the winter. Or the bee equivalent of a common cold.
When the EPA approves a chemical it tests whether that chemical is toxic or not. It doesn't test what it's effects are when combined with other common chemicals in the environment. It's not unusual for testers to find over a dozen different chemicals in honey samples from bee hives. I'd be curious what the toxicity would be if you combined all the chemicals used on a large farm and found in honey, and whether it would be approved for human consumption.

Awesome post bud. You're obviously very well informed. :) Thanks

Gry

I would think that few would be better informed on the issue of on going dioxin based birth defects than those who spent time with and around such things.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, just look at how Henry Ford was best buddies with Adolf,(along with the British/German Royal family) and the US Banks/Financiers that funded the nazi's and helped built Germany up so that they could wage war again......and all along those big corporations were helping and pushing both sides into creating WW11 after they made a mint on WW1,......they killed 2 birds with one stone by 'Thinning out the Herd' (killing many-many millions of mostly poor people), and making the banksters and their corporations even more wealthy.

....and they have been behind most wars, proxy or otherwise ever since.

So I don't reckon that they have any conscience at all about serving up this roundup to the masses.

Monsanto is sold to bayer.

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-Monsanto-sold-to-Bayer

so...why was gyphospate found in tampons and feminine napkins?

is that a close relationship with were contraception is?

The potential health implications from glyphosate are mounting, and it’s been linked to cancer by the World Health Organization (WHO). And this is what millions of women are exposing themselves unknowingly to every day.
https://actions.sumofus.org/a/what-is-monsanto-s-carcinogenic-herbicide-doing-in-tampons

DID AMERICA AND THE ALLIES WIN THE WAR? OR DID THE SECRETS FROM HITLERS BUNKER WIN OVER THE MINDS OF MEN?

I.G. Farben was the big corporation that owned the Auschwitz concentration death camps.
I.G. Farben was a merger between Bayer, BASF, AGFA, Hoechst, and some more companies. Some financiers of Hitlers Nazi party were Krupp, Thyssen and Royal Dutch Shell. The American Standard Oil (later Esso) owned half of I.G. Farben.
The criminal I.G. Farben and others made huge profits of the cheap slave labor in the concentration camps. This is an awful crime. Today these companies, ThyssenKrupp, Bayer etc are super big.

https://www.carlg.org/engnazi_crimes2.html

Gry

Yeah, just look at how Henry Ford was best buddies with Adolf,(along with the British/German Royal family) and the US Banks/Financiers that funded the nazi's and helped built Germany up so that they could wage war again......and all along those big corporations were helping and pushing both sides into creating WW11 after they made a mint on WW1,......they killed 2 birds with one stone by 'Thinning out the Herd' (killing many-many millions of mostly poor people), and making the banksters and their corporations even more wealthy.

....and they have been behind most wars, proxy or otherwise ever since.

So I don't reckon that they have any conscience at all about serving up this roundup to the masses.

Hitler was not Henry Ford and friends first rodeo.

They had practiced with both Franco and Mussolini.

Fascism is the result of a lot of hard work and practice.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Verdict with hundreds more law suits to follow

Verdict with hundreds more law suits to follow

Jurors give $289 million to a man they say got cancer from Monsanto's Roundup weedkiller.

So they awarded him $289 million in damages -- mostly to punish the agricultural company Monsanto.

Dewayne Johnson's victory Friday could set a massive precedent for thousands of other cases claiming Monsato's famous herbicide causes non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Johnson's case was the first to go to trial because doctors said he was near death. And in California, dying plaintiffs can be granted expedited trials.

HHILL

Glyphosate has so permeated the food system in the US that even “organic” blood meal some growers use has trace amounts of that damn Roundup in it. Glad for the verdict and hope the FDA does the right thing and ban it!

Medfinder

Chemon 91
2015 article.............

Last spring, an NGO called Moms Across America paid to have 10 women’s breast milk tested for glyphosate, the United States’ most widely used weed-killer. According to Moms Across America founder and director Zen Honeycutt, the testing was not intended to be a scientific study, but rather a small, pilot effort undertaken in hopes of promting further research.

https://civileats.com/2015/07/30/is-there-glyphosate-in-breast-milk/

hmm....

Washington State University scientists have found that glyphosate, the main ingredient in the herbicide Roundup, does not accumulate in mother's breast milk.

Michelle McGuire, an associate professor in the WSU School of Biological Sciences, is the lead researcher of the study, the first to have its results independently verified by an accredited, outside organization.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150723133120.htm

well? there not saying it aint in the breasts...but its there.

doesn't vinegar work for killing weeds by just changing the PH? but...vinegar is cheap to make money from.

T

Teddybrae

Yippee ... not.

Yes, the Plaintiff 'won'. now Monsanto will use its millions to appeal.

Round and round and round we spin ...