What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need room vented by weekend? Anyone?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Alright folks,

I am in the middle of constructing a new grow room. It is underground in a well constructed cellar burrowed underground completely except for the front 3rd of the wall. It is the only part exposed to the outside. So this place is very well insulated.

I have all gaps and cracks sealed, 3 coatings of masonry drylok, there is no moisture leaking in except for the window which will be boarded up and sealed soon.

The total room area is 6ft and 2 inches high, 16 feet in length and 8 foot deep.

I just got done building a studded wall out of 2x4s down the ceenter and left a 2 foot walkway/lung room. I am splitting the room into two sections and doing a flip flop so I can save on heating through the winter. That way while one room is on and the other is off there is heat (somehow) recirculating into the lights off room and vice versa at the switch/flip flop.

I will be running 4,000 watts for now. The floors are gravel and dirt for now and I will be covering them in plastic and heavy duty tarps for the FIRST run. Then once I get some money built up on my next run in actually going to dig the rooms out about a foot more and concrete the floors. But for now I am on a budget and needing to get this built ASAP and thrown together which I plan on having it finished by the beginning of next week.

I do have a veg/clone room in a separate location, this place is dedicated strictly to flowering...

Now what I really need right now is help venting this room and where to go with it all using the flip flop plan I have laid out. How many fans, What size fans, how many filters, etc am I going to need for the room size? I am going to use 6 inch insulated duct. I would have rather went with 8 inch but I already have tons of 6 inch equipment.

Please someone direct me in the right way so I can get my grow going. I will have the room ready to vent by the weekend. Here is a diagram I just drew out and also some pics of my progress so far.

Screenshot_20171207-072744.jpg

Screenshot_20171206-064509.jpg

Screenshot_20171206-064222.jpg

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't you say something about a couple roof vents built into the cellar in one of those other threads?

If those exist they should be used as the exhaust side, imo & you could build a lightproof intake into the window.

MountainBudz

Yeah there are 2 small holes on each far side of the front wall. I was going to pull cold air in through one and then through my lights and vent out the other. But where is my fans and filters located in this mix? I feel like I would be venting lots of smell out as well as air cooled hoods are notorious for odor leaks around the seems. Also, how am I going to control the environment?

MountainBudz

So your saying exhaust each room out of each hole? Not pull air in through them, correct? And to pull air from the lung, vent out of of the holes?

growingcrazy

I would run open hoods, 8" exhaust in each room, wide open without a filter, into the lung. Large carbon filter and fan in your lung room running 24/7 for scent. Install intake and exhaust in the lung to cool it to your needs, 10" or so exhaust.

I think you will be surprised how well a room like this cools... I have 9x9 rooms built just like yours running 3600watts, no a/c and open hoods. You will need a dehumidifier without a doubt.

I would consider just tossing 4k in the room and flipping now to get your ball rolling...dehum to keep the room warm in lights off and open hoods will decrease humidity during lights on... A small heater if needed. How good is that soil under the gravel? Direct plant with some work might be possible...

MountainBudz

I would run open hoods, 8" exhaust in each room, wide open without a filter, into the lung. Large carbon filter and fan in your lung room running 24/7 for scent. Install intake and exhaust in the lung to cool it to your needs, 10" or so exhaust.

I think you will be surprised how well a room like this cools... I have 9x9 rooms built just like yours running 3600watts, no a/c and open hoods. You will need a dehumidifier without a doubt.

I would consider just tossing 4k in the room and flipping now to get your ball rolling...dehum to keep the room warm in lights off and open hoods will decrease humidity during lights on... A small heater if needed. How good is that soil under the gravel? Direct plant with some work might be possible...

I have already purchased all 6 inch equipment, ducts, fans etc. Would 440 cfm be sufficient? And when you explained this, are you talking about the two rooms split into running a flip flop or are you talking about running the entire room open and skipping on the center wall dividing the rooms?

If you could go into just a hair more detail or even better draw me out a diagram to explain that would be great brother! Thank you!

:tiphat: