What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pangi and friends

Koondense

Veteran
Yesterday I tried a bit of lst/supercrop kind of stress which resulted in almost braking Rosetta but then with help of duct tape she's recovering.
In the period of less than 24 hours all three plants were topped. I'm doing a bit of mess this time, just curious how they can take such stress and all seems cool.
Also giving them different light intensity, ranging from total 90W to 150W during the day.
They respond well to all this and I think of 10-15 more days of veg and then hit 12/12 mode when they fill more the space.
This cycle I won't be counting days but I'll just follow the intuitive way and find the appropriate timings for transition and later harvest.

Koondense

Veteran
Lately I'm asking myself if it's time to switch or let them veg a bit more.
Still undecided but time is close, if I don't want to fill up the tent too much the flowering should start in few days, no more.
Here's the situation, two thirds of the tent:

Rosetta and Pangi
picture.php

Left is Kolossus which developed in a very nice stocky plant with huge fan leaves.
I defoliated them a bit today and did a bit of pruning, not much just to clean the excess growth under the canopy.
Now I gotta re-check my first grow data to have a better judgment on veg time.
The flowering lady is the Durban Thai AF, one of my "just in case" trio of plants(all AFs with low priority).

Cheers

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Thanks for the updates Koondense. My last two plants are hanging now all others are curing. Peace

G

Looking beautiful my friend!Have you decided about the flip?
Could you take a picture of all of them together with next update?Thanks! :)

Koondense

Veteran
Time flies and today is the last day of "veg" photoperiod, actually I prefer a transition phase to flower so I give them two days of 14/10 and tomorrow will start 12/12.
The canopies filled the space very nicely, still under only 90-150W but with 12/12 there will be another row of lights for a total of around 200-300W(because of some dimming).

Plants look happy despite some slight yellow leaf tips, I suspect a pretty high EC.

Sadly Pangi got unintentionally topped again but the tops will become nice clones if all goes well. I have two more to-be-clones of Rosetta and gotta take some off the Kolossus. Still plenty of time to do it.

The tent - Left to right: Kolossus, Rosetta and Pangi, in front 3x DurbanThai AF + C99BX-1
picture.php

Pangi leaves
picture.php

And a closeup of the AF dwarf DT
picture.php

My one concern is watering, I only do it once per week as there is no sign of underwatering even when the soil looks dry. Probably the effect of bacto and mycos.

Cheers

G

Awesome Koon! You're going to have a beautiful bud jungle in there very soon!

Very unique leafs on this Pangi...

Thanks for the great pics!

Koondense

Veteran
:thank you:
May the plants hear and act accordingly to your thoughts and mine:)
Have a great weekend guys!

Koondense

Veteran
Few days of 12/12 and just spotted some hair formations on all three, they seem to be well coordinated:)

Nothing special so far apart a couple of gnat flies in the tent, I was expecting some so first thing tomorrow - yellow sticky tape FTW.

The situation:
picture.php

Have a great weekend everyone

Koondense

Veteran
Yesterday I defoliated and pruned all three plants to get a more evenly spaced growth of tops. They all show pre-/flowers and seem still very healthy without any deficencies or whatever, so far I'm very happy with this growing method and products.
Pangi is more stretchy and more voluminous than the other two, clearly the most "sativa" despite pretty wide leaves in veg. It also seems she lost a bit of smell and despite being bigger now, she smells less now compared to two weeks ago. Looking very lovely to my eye with deep, lush greens and some purple reddish hues.

They're all now @day 11-12 of 12/12

Pangi
picture.php

Rosetta(Durbakistan)
picture.php

Rosetta is more compact sativa hybrid with bushy growth and very sturdy stems and leaves. Not so much stretch as anticipated, maybe more is coming in the next week.
The C99 BX1 is also female and pretty underfed and stressed in a small pot. I'm not sure if it's wise to keep her in because of possible hermaphrodism related to stress. But maybe there won't be problems, so let's give her a bit more time.
Kolossus is kolossal, huge fans and vigorous growth with less stretch, it could be a great cash cropper(bred with this in mind by S@nnie).
Both DurbanThai AFs look lovely, one is faster and the slower(higher grower) will likely get some pollen from another sativa AF, but don't tell anyone, I'm trying to keep this a secret;)

The pocket jungle at 11-12 days of 12/12
picture.php

Cheers

G

What can I say Koon,they're flawless! :)

I wanna have a shot with tropical seeds too when I order some new gear.Durbakistan is a nominee for sure although I have 4 out of 9 plants with PCK genes in my current grow.
Always wanted to try S@nniez Heri...

Nice to see you are into crossing,too,interesting experiment.I haven't had the best impressions with my limited experience with autoflowering strains,mostly highwise.

Hats off!:tiphat:

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Thank you Syd,
the girls are actually doing all by themselves, I only "touch" them occasionally and take some of their clothes off a bit;)

Tropicals it seems are now changing management and ownership so probably won't be what they were, prices already went up and they will likely get more commercial in terms of available varieties. A sad example of a fine seed company. But let's wait and see.
S@nnie offers some pretty impressive varieties also Eskobar does, I have some of their beans on my list but somehow I'm more interested in Ace's varieties. I'm not that into the Dutch style, more like World style if you know what I mean.

The crossing I do is only pollen chucking with insanely small samples to make any proper selections, so it's mostly entertainment with benefits:) Possibly in the future I will focus more into good selections but I need a lot more skills and resources to feel comfortable with it. I'm a very picky person, sometimes:)
My goal now is to have a feminized AF poly-hybrid with "sativa" expressions, vigorous growth and not too quick flowering start. There are some AF varieties I have that can be used for this purpose, this time it will be a genetic mix from mostly all continents. Asia, Europe, N and S america, Africa.

:party:

Koondense

Veteran
Another small update.

Things still look all right, all leaves are healthy and buds are starting to take shape, finally.
Plants health is top notch and I'm a little surprised they are still pretty dark despite not putting any fertiliser except a tiny bit of bloom the last watering.
Today I'll give them another low dose of organic Bac bloom and increase the lights power to 300W. They're mostly on around 250W.

Pangi - dark and lovely, short stocky stigmas remind me of Panama flower pictures. Can't say anything on balance in this cross as I never grew Panama and Bangi Haze before. Maybe Dubi can comment on it further into flowering when buds take proper shape and maybe get some colors.

picture.php

picture.php

Rosetta - a bit paler but definitely not hungry. Probably related to Durban influence, I can't say for same reasons as for Pangi. It's nice to be a noob.

picture.php

Kolossus - dark leaves and most "indica" appearence. I suspect these buds will get preoperly fat. Fingers crossed.

picture.php

Pangi(right), Rosetta(left) and DurbanThai AF in the bottom

picture.php

All for now, probably they will get a bit of defoliation in a week time and some more bloom fertiliser when needed.

Have a great weekend

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koodense,

Your are doing a great job with all the different genetics in such small indoor space, your plants look healthier than ever ;)
The Bangi Haze x Panama hybrid looks more on the Panama side (leaf traits and overall structure),
but let's wait until the end of flowering and after smoke report before evaluate the pheno you have.

Keep up the good work!

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks Dubi,
I too feel this Pangi plant leans more to Panama but of course having no experience I can only relate to written words by other growers and you of course:)
Meanwhile Pangi started to push out resin and it's coming at a fast rate. Daily changes can be seen and also first smell samples give out very lemony fragrances with some unexplainable depths, still too undeveloped to fully grasp. We have to wait some more time of course. She also stretched a bit more while I thought she'd stop.
Definitely the plant with most vigour and fragrance in my garden:)

Koondense

Veteran
December update,
Pangi is doing great, pushing resin everywhere and already very sticky when touched. The smell is very lemony and delightful.
Vertical growth has stopped a week ago so now it's time to get fat:)
Some stigmas are already browning, she will probably need less than the expected 11-12 weeks which is good.

picture.php

Cheers!

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks brother Kono,
she's been trained quite early + accidentally topped just before 12/12.
Since I grow with leds in a small space they benefit if the canopy is even, so training is essential in my opinion.
I'll post some pics of the full space but a bit later when buds get thicker;)

G

Looking beautiful as always Koon!Soon they will be dense,too :)
So,looks like we're gonna finish at about the same time...

Latest posts

Latest posts