What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE (and other sats) Indoor Tricks

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
You want the standard light bulb replacements from your local home store. I am using 8.5w Phillips LEDs from Home Depot in seedling veg and 16.5w Utilitech LEDs from Lowes in large veg / flower. Lots of great information here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

Last edited:

Terpene

Veteran
9.5 weeks on the Purple Haze Malawi x Napalm and shes done. This one is more malawi leaning in structure though I see hints of destroyer and fire og in there as well. Smells exactly as you'd expect it to based on lineage, blackberry liquor (purple haze), old rotten wood / gear oil (malawi), lemon pepper (destroyer), burning rubber and fuel (fire og).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The new pots and LEDs have exceeded the output of every plant I've ever run. I am never going to waste my time with CFLs (or pro LED panels) ever again. :biggrin:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing hybrid Terpene :)

I'm so glad that you came out with such great hybrid by your own.
Looks a bit like some Golden Tiger phenos ... the aromas you describe of your plant sound delicious and complex, a great mix of aromas from its parental plants.

The yield, indoor adaptability and short flowering time of your sativa cross looks remarkable too! Great Job!:yes:

Terpene

Veteran
Amazing hybrid Terpene :)

I'm so glad that you came out with such great hybrid by your own.
Looks a bit like some Golden Tiger phenos ... the aromas you describe of your plant sound delicious and complex, a great mix of aromas from its parental plants.

The yield, indoor adaptability and short flowering time of your sativa cross looks remarkable too! Great Job!:yes:

:huggg: Thanks friend!

Yeah, I am happy with the growth habit, smoke and effects of the cross. The few I've grown out have all been pretty uniform in development though I'm still getting used to the screw in LED lights.

Just goes how easily you can develop really nice looking hybrids when you're starting with amazing genetics. :tiphat:

Speaking of fun genetics, I just popped a few of the Yunnan x Purple Haze beans. I am really looking forward to seeing the variation in that cross.

Damn Terpene that purple haze malawi x napalm looks really gpod and scary lol.

Just to be clear this was grown under those led light bulbs? And that's all you use?

I have a mars ll 700w for my main plants but i also have a little sog experiment spot that i plan to either make a diy light fixture like yourself or buy a $200 dollar panel.

If I choose to go the diy route how many lights will you put under a 27in x 17in area. I wad thinking 12 light bulbs in three rows of four lights. What do you recommend. Thanks in advance.

Have great days ahead
The neighbor

Sorry for posting pics in your thread, i just wish to give you a visual picture to hell you with the question i have. Thank you.
fvflsh.jpg

Terpene

Veteran
Damn Terpene that purple haze malawi x napalm looks really gpod and scary lol.

Just to be clear this was grown under those led light bulbs? And that's all you use?

If I choose to go the diy route how many lights will you put under a 27in x 17in area. I wad thinking 12 light bulbs in three rows of four lights. What do you recommend.

Thanks! Yes, that plant spent every day of flower under home store LEDs.

The screw in (A19) LED light bulbs are about half as bright as my Blackstar 240w LED, but you can spread em out so the lights work more like a CFL array. Since they're so close to the plants, the screw in LEDs are actually brighter at the canopy than my 240w. Penetration is, as you'd expect, about half what the professional LED panels would provide, so LST / scrog is still a great solution for canopy management.

My array has nine 16w home store LEDs over a 22 x 36 area. I would run 8 bulbs in your 27 x 17 setup. (2 rows of 4 bulbs on roughly 6 inch centers) Make sure you mount the fixture on chains with hooks, the plants grow like they're outside under these things!:biggrin:

Thanks Terpene your advice is taken and will improve my set up. Thanks friend.

Neighbour

Oh btw sorry bout my typos i meant to say tell instead of hell damn auto spell lol

Terpene

Veteran
Panama @ its 10 week chop. Extremely resinous, very stingingly strong smell of electric blue lemon.
picture.php

picture.php

Whole plant
picture.php

Trifoliate Panama at 8 weeks
picture.php

One very abused Zamaldelica x (Tom Hill Haze x Purple Thai Skunk x White Widow) on day 1 of flower
picture.php

Last edited:
C

Collembola

hello,

very nice photos and plants, especially the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Purple Haze Malawi x Napalm[/FONT]

> the really frosty panama looks intriguing.

it looks to my eyes like a hybrid ? / not "pure sativa",

like you would associate, the "obvious Panama leaf shape", to be that of the trifoliate you have.

also the stems look way too fat and columnar ???

can anybody offer input ?

it almost looks like nepjam x panama or something ?

(is the fem production different to the regs, or has the parental plants changed or something ?)

thanks

Terpene

Veteran
very nice photos and plants, especially the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Purple Haze Malawi x Napalm[/FONT]

> the really frosty panama looks intriguing.

it looks to my eyes like a hybrid ? / not "pure sativa",

like you would associate, the "obvious Panama leaf shape", to be that of the trifoliate you have.

also the stems look way too fat and columnar ???

can anybody offer input ?

it almost looks like nepjam x panama or something ?

(is the fem production different to the regs, or has the parental plants changed or something ?)

thanks

Thanks for the love, but you're completely incorrect in your assumptions. ;)

The Panama is Ace Panama x Ace Panama from the standard M/F release (http://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/standard/panamastd.html). Technically, Panama is a hybrid of a couple Panamas and Punto Rojo - from the web site: "Semi stabilized F8-F10 hybrid between 3 Panama sativa strains", but this home made cross just happens to show a different expression of genetics. I wouldn't think too much on the runty trifoliate, its probably just a damaged seed from the cross that managed to pop. Its been scraggily and weak its entire life, but I love Ace Panama so much I decided to throw it into flower.

Here are a few shots of prior Ace Panamas I've run. My first round with Ace Panama is very typical looking for the line. If I was looking for a standard leaf shape / bud look, this is more in line with what to expect from Ace's line.
picture.php

Heres the frosty mother plant of this round, it grew a bit more like an OG in a way, but is 100% Ace Panama. I crossed it to a frosty male Panama that popped and smacked the two together. The result is a bit down on bud size, but the trich density more than makes up for it.
picture.php

picture.php

Both of these plants were grown under LEDs.

Last edited:
C

Collembola

thankyou,

i am running ace panama regular from clone, having done from seed, only a handfull of plants though, from seed.

---------------------

f8-10, should be pretty homogenous no ?

and panama is well known as a "100% sativa", with strong branching.

---------------------

i was i was not aware it was your own cross though,

do you think it could be napalm x panama ?

because that would make alot of sense ? (to me)

thanks

Terpene

Veteran
thankyou,

i am running ace panama regular from clone, having done from seed, only a handfull of plants though, from seed.

---------------------

f8-10, should be pretty homogenous no ?

and panama is well known as a "100% sativa", with strong branching.

---------------------

i was i was not aware it was your own cross though,

do you think it could be napalm x panama ?

because that would make alot of sense ? (to me)

thanks

The cross is definitely not Napalm based. I didn't have any Napalm males at the time I was doing the breeding.

The Panamas I have are from several years back, probably F5-F6 at that point, but the reason I bred the two was how remarkably frosty they were compared to other Panamas I had run. Figured that there couldn't be any negatives to feather dusting the Panama male all over the frosty female. - There was one negative, picking out hundreds of beans..:laughing:

C

Collembola

thankyou!,

if there is no chance of any stray pollen (male or "female"),

then that is more curious.

the information available suggests the 3 are "red" / green / purple.

with the purple taking much longer to flower, thus bred away from (? i think ? > i remember reading CBG used to sell a longer flowering panama @ 16-18 weeks (??)).

--------

your description / looks of / flowering times, to me is that it is more so inclined the "red" / pink pheno (??)

(i kept that one yield is not great, very frosty)

here is pic of leaf shape, frost;

picture.php

picture.php

-------

but that plant looks different, to me genetically.

> i find panama is VERY non "succulent", and i have never seen stems like yours, unless indica x.

if not a x of stray pollen, then one would logically assume, it is a display of recessive genetics (f2 concurring).

and again curiously, it is strange to display a genetic trait, not prevalent in the red, green, purple (???).

although, i have not seen purple, and only had 1 green male.

-------

hopefully dubi will read and comment ?

very interesting though, and again, very nice pictures / plants!!

(i was going to try do nepjam x panama this grow, but i have found nepjam is VERY columnar and i have not much head space, would ideally have beefed panama structure, with more compact nicer terpene prfile flowers, ideally...

(i.e. like your plant, but more branchy)

(hence ALLLLLL the above neurosis from me... (sorry about that)

regards,

C

Collembola

i did not see / retain the parental plant image, complete idiot.

sorry!!!.

that looks very similar!,

(beyond also not understanding how the plant supports its flowers)

------------------

also cross referencing the facebook page, i think mine is a [more] "modern "pink" pheno"

so there are a few generations between them...

sorry about all of that.

fucking idiot

so the f6-7 two steps+ (between ours), will be why, then.

(OOOOOOps)

sorry.

Irotas

Hi Terpene, thanks for this information, it will definitely help. I was wondering how you stop from overwatering with using the perforated corrugated drain pipe method. Do you just make an overflow hole above the pipe? Is there a way to use a second container for the soil using this method?

For some reason my plants don't like led bulbs. Not sure why but not much growth at all, maybe it's the brand I got which is Rolay. Or maybe im keeping the bulb to close to the plant? I was using the 9w 6000k leds.

Last edited:

Terpene

Veteran
Hi Terpene, thanks for this information, it will definitely help. I was wondering how you stop from overwatering with using the perforated corrugated drain pipe method. Do you just make an overflow hole above the pipe? Is there a way to use a second container for the soil using this method?

For some reason my plants don't like led bulbs. Not sure why but not much growth at all, maybe it's the brand I got which is Rolay. Or maybe im keeping the bulb to close to the plant? I was using the 9w 6000k leds.

When you're setting up a container with drain pipe, you punch a hole in the side of the container about 2/3rds the height of the drain pipe and run a piece of tubing from the hole into the drain pipe. This keeps the dirt out of the pipe, gives you an overflow tube and allows the plants airspace.

30gallonSIP.gif

As for your plants not liking LEDs - hogwash! With 9w bulbs, I like a minimum of 3-4 inches off the plants. If you run them closer, they may bleach out a bit as the bulbs are such an intense form of lighting. Lets see a picture of your plants, there may be something else going on that isn't lighting related (nutrients / moisture / etc).

Terpene. Great thread! Do u know how well these self-watering setups do with coco? If it will work Iam going to have to figure out a way to make a very small version. (That holds about a cup of medium)