Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Colorado > Colorado Cannabis Dispensaries, Co-ops, Clubs > Boulder Dispensaries - Tumbled Buds? etc.

Thread Title Search
Boulder Dispensaries - Tumbled Buds? etc. Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2018, 02:27 AM #11
xavier7995

xavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nice
Seconding 14er, though always with the caveate of buyer beware. As mentioned, even well grown weed gets kinda funky and dry here. They do at least make an effort there.

Instagram: xavier7995
xavier7995 is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2018, 10:04 AM #12
Rockness Monsta

Rockness Monsta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
Once the buds spend a few months sitting under the UV lights in the storefront they're going to get dry, crispy, and devoid of visible crystal. Especially the ones that aren't packaged in jars. Usually the pricey stuff is packaged better.

We always used to have the conversation about tumbled buds when we'd get BC. It looked like the resin had been shaken off it. I don't believe the BC growers had done it. I think it was poor handling during harvest, trimming, and changing hands multiple times.

In Colorado I think it's the trim machines. That's why the clerks (they aren't bud tenders they're clerks. A BARtender serves you a drink while you sit at a chair and sip at it. A clerk takes a bag of pot off a shelf and hands it to you. Budtenders should be selecting, trimming, and loading the bong or rolling the joint for you. These clerks don't know a thing about pot except for the overstock they smoke after it passes it's expiration date. Sorry I digress..)

That's why the clerks say the bud is 'hand trimmed' which is probably not true. If it is true it was trimmed so quickly and poorly most of the crystals were knocked off. Because they have so much and prices have dropped so much they can't afford to present properly cured and dried pot.

As for the 'I only smoke concentrates' crowd. Concentrates are the stuff that's too poorly processed to even show itself on shelves. The growers have so much stuff and the price has fallen so low they just hand it to the chemist. To me it's cheap nasty gross harsh. I'm going to smoke fine organic cannabis or hashish. If the legal Rec market cannot supply this I will go somewhere else.
Facts! distillate is usually made from junk they cant sell in any other form
Rockness Monsta is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2018, 01:44 PM #13
Night crawler

Night crawler will become famous soon enoughNight crawler will become famous soon enough
Dutch coffee shops have been doing it for years wait till the glands get replaced by fake resin happened in Holland ,Belgium and uk the glass weed . Grow your own fuck wall street .
Night crawler is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2018, 04:13 PM #14
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
I find places that sell grams and sample a few different stores. Then all the stuff I don't like that much I give to homeless people or roll fat joints and send them off at parties.
green404 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:39 PM #15
satisfiedwolf

satisfiedwolf is on a distinguished road
Helping Hands is my top choice of Boulder dispensaries- properly grown and cured organic buds. Pax and indigopro are good vapes but require their brand of battery that only works with those cartridges- if you get a generic vape pen battery you will have more cartridge options but quality may be an issue- Madrone, chroma, eureka and CSC brand cartridges are good
satisfiedwolf is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:47 PM #16
H.T.ClassAction

H.T.ClassAction has a spectacular aura aboutH.T.ClassAction has a spectacular aura aboutH.T.ClassAction has a spectacular aura aboutH.T.ClassAction has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfiedwolf View Post
Helping Hands is my top choice of Boulder dispensaries- properly grown and cured organic buds. Pax and indigopro are good vapes but require their brand of battery that only works with those cartridges- if you get a generic vape pen battery you will have more cartridge options but quality may be an issue- Madrone, chroma, eureka and CSC brand cartridges are good

Thanks for the information.

Been trying to narrow down the options.

This "vape pen" thing is all a mystery to many older heads.

It's sounding like a name brand versus generic conundrum.

Might have to get a "generic" battery unit before we leave.

Just on general principles, I avoid products that rely on "exclusive" attributes to lock-in the customers.

Have never used "wax" or "shatter", and certainly won't bother with a unit that gums-up and needs constant maintenance, much less a blow-torch.

Might look at the available selection of straight resins instead. ( It was way overpriced, in my opinion, two years ago at The Farm. )
H.T.ClassAction is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 03:37 AM #17
Philmore Jars

Philmore Jars has a spectacular aura aboutPhilmore Jars has a spectacular aura aboutPhilmore Jars has a spectacular aura aboutPhilmore Jars has a spectacular aura about
Verde natural gets my vote in Boulder organic hand trimmed slow cured cannabis most buds out there are so dry they do what I call the Colorado crumble & basically turn to dust in a week or two
Philmore Jars is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2018, 05:32 AM #18
H.T.ClassAction

H.T.ClassAction has a spectacular aura aboutH.T.ClassAction has a spectacular aura aboutH.T.ClassAction has a spectacular aura aboutH.T.ClassAction has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmore Jars View Post
Verde natural gets my vote in Boulder organic hand trimmed slow cured cannabis most buds out there are so dry they do what I call the Colorado crumble & basically turn to dust in a week or two
We had an interesting trip.

There were too many dispensaries.

Didn't have time to visit even a fraction.

Only one repeat from the previous visit.

Found some eight's vacuum sealed in tins.

Have never seen "weed in tuna-cans", but they work.

Visited the 14er, Helping Hands, and Green Dream.

Best Strain Name: "Thelonious Skunk"!
H.T.ClassAction is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2018, 11:47 AM #19
clearheaded

clearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the rough
was just watching an "exposed growing" epi on youtube and was hilarious talking about trim and next shot is shaking buds over screens before packing them up lol then teh keef pile under.. dont know anything about colorado but it appears to be a normal pratice and not thought twice about showing a doc crew thats adertizing the brand...
clearheaded is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2018, 12:51 PM #20
mowood3479

mowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to beholdmowood3479 is a splendid one to behold
Idk how people smoke on those hotdog juice cartridges
Nasty
mowood3479 is offline Quote