Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > ICMag 420 Cup > The Dutch Experience > wot coffee shops have volcano vaporisers

Thread Title Search
wot coffee shops have volcano vaporisers Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2018, 02:15 PM #11
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
I've used a Silver Surfer vape for many years and love it (I have 3). I'm in my 70s and do not have many people over for getting high sessions so the SSV is best for me.. passing the SSV wand around is kinda like playing musical chairs and a PITA, so I did buy a volcano about a year ago.. I've used it twice.. unless I'm doing something really wrong, it isnt very efficient. Turned it on, let it warm up and put in a gram of A+ bud, filled the bag (volcano bag).. I think I got 5-6 hits out of that bag.. filled it again with the same herb, didnt taste as good and another 5-6 hits.. for me, alone, its a waste of time and herb.. it just sits there now.. for efficiency, the SSV rocks.. and is a couple hundred cheaper.. The down side of vaping is once you go to vaping, 'burning' sucks.. tasting ash, butane/sulfur and burning lungs..

Snook is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:09 PM #12
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
I've used a Silver Surfer vape for many years and love it (I have 3). I'm in my 70s and do not have many people over for getting high sessions so the SSV is best for me.. passing the SSV wand around is kinda like playing musical chairs and a PITA, so I did buy a volcano about a year ago.. I've used it twice.. unless I'm doing something really wrong, it isnt very efficient. Turned it on, let it warm up and put in a gram of A+ bud, filled the bag (volcano bag).. I think I got 5-6 hits out of that bag.. filled it again with the same herb, didnt taste as good and another 5-6 hits.. for me, alone, its a waste of time and herb.. it just sits there now.. for efficiency, the SSV rocks.. and is a couple hundred cheaper.. The down side of vaping is once you go to vaping, 'burning' sucks.. tasting ash, butane/sulfur and burning lungs..
You are definitely doing something wrong as the volcano is the most efficient way to smoke. Try using .3 grams at a time well ground. I have the classic and get 3 full 2 1/2 foot balloons off of .6 grams. I put .3 into warmed chamber for first balloon at setting 6 when warming light goes off I fill balloon completely. Empty that into the orange grinder refil with another .3 at setting 6 and repeat. When done with the second balloon I grind the already been vaped .6 grams with the orange grinder they give you. Fill the champer back with the abv .6 grams and turn the vape up to 7 - 7 1/2 letting it warm up. When the light goes off for the second time fill the balloon.
OG_NoMan is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2018, 10:40 PM #13
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAM View Post
Do you guys bring your own mouth piece with you?? or do they have plenty of them?
youre gonna buy/use a clean mouthpiece

amsterdam has a low rate of herpes but you can never be too sure

Old 09-27-2018, 02:41 PM #14
Snook

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_NoMan View Post
You are definitely doing something wrong as the volcano is the most efficient way to smoke. Try using .3 grams at a time well ground. I have the classic and get 3 full 2 1/2 foot balloons off of .6 grams. I put .3 into warmed chamber for first balloon at setting 6 when warming light goes off I fill balloon completely. Empty that into the orange grinder refil with another .3 at setting 6 and repeat. When done with the second balloon I grind the already been vaped .6 grams with the orange grinder they give you. Fill the champer back with the abv .6 grams and turn the vape up to 7 - 7 1/2 letting it warm up. When the light goes off for the second time fill the balloon.
Thank you for the advice, I'm sure it works but again, I'm in my 70s'.. Your instruction, while it may be successful and efficient for you at your age, is too time consuming at my age... I get older every minute

Old 09-27-2018, 02:46 PM #15
Snook

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffnPufferfish View Post
youre gonna buy/use a clean mouthpiece

amsterdam has a low rate of herpes but you can never be too sure
what do you do when you're passed a joint or glass pipe?

Old 09-27-2018, 03:17 PM #16
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to all
Quote:
Thank you for the advice, I'm sure it works but again, I'm in my 70s'.. Your instruction, while it may be successful and efficient for you at your age, is too time consuming at my age... I get older every minute
Yeah it is definitely time consuming, a typical session is @15 minutes unless I am relaxing at night with it then its 30 minutes. For speed I just take dabs.
Good luck
OG_NoMan is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2018, 05:22 PM #17
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
Quote:
what do you do when you're passed a joint or glass pipe?
give you a baggie to roll your own

Old 09-29-2018, 03:10 AM #18
wutwut

wutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the roughwutwut is a jewel in the rough
i bought volcano classic solid valve without any testing. i'm very happy with this vaporizer and i don't even smoke anymore.