What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Environmental impact on the phenotype of a clone

Hi all,

Thanks for stopping by and all the comments. I have updated my bud shots link with some macro shots of the frozen plant which I am medicating with now.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4190439#post4190439

I really haven't noticed any major differences in the trichomes developement, size, shape or numbers. If anyone can compare/contrast the two previous posts that would be great, I really don't see much of a difference.

The only significant difference I saw was the presence of more amber trichomes on the frozen plant, I wonder if shocking it speed up the harvest time, or slowed it down. In most cases I think shock to the plant would cause slower growth, but in this case cold temperature may speed up the phenotype so that it may finish on time.

Anyways, more reports as I smoke more of these plants and harvest the last of the frozen plants.

Peace all.

Hi all,

The last three frozen Ninja Turtle x MK-Ultra-F1 #3 plants were harvested. They came out at 1oz each which is about 7-10grams shy of the best soil and hydro plants in my setup. I really haven't smoked that much of them, but they smell really good.

I think the plants that were frozen twice were most affected and harvested only about 50-60% what they should have. The last three plants were frozen once and produced about 80% what they should have.

I have been smoking the frozen plant above. The smoke is actually quite different now that I have both soil plants cured a few weeks. Just as the plant became apparently more Indica in nature, so did the smoke.

The Ninja Turtle's are fast flowering sativa's with really heady and sometimes racy highs. The frozen plant seems to be more body oriented and has no racy effect at all. The herb is actually quite pleasant as I have needed more Indica buds lately due to stomach pains and such.

I somewhat want to test these effects on some other plants. I was considering freezing a plant for an hour or so similar to this to see if I can reproduce the exact effect with minimal effort. The only thing holding me back is I do not really want to sacrifice 40% of the herb to attain the desired result. It will be nice to smoke some of the plants that only lost 20% harvest size, but I am guessing that as the plant structure did not change as much, nor will the effect from the herb.

I will post some pics of the newly cut nugs and some trichome shots later when I smoke more of the once frozen plants.

Peace all.