What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Knifemaker's first grow

My problem child Zkittles (Aviendha) is showing some discoloration on the new growth. It is coming in very yellow, not the noce bright green it was pushing out at the begining.

My 4th seed that I dropped Wednesday night had split its shell by last night and got put into damp paper towel. I'm going to try starting it in a smaller container and up potting one time after establoshing a root ball to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for looking
Have a knife day
StaySharp

Update day 20
spent the weekend out at the inlaw's farm. Its nice to get out of the city and relax in the country now and then.

Got home to 2 positives and one negative*

Gonna start with the negative, my problem child Zkittles is looking very sick. Rust spots on her oldest growth and her newest growth has holes in it. Neither of my other plants look like they have any issues at all but zkittles looks like might be on deaths door.

Continued....

Northern lights (Min)*
Is getting LST, I think its going well. Training her towards the edge of the pot and keeping her crown level with the top of Gelato.

Gelato (Elayne) is a rock star. Took the node removal and topping like it was nothing. After a 2 day break from the stress of the removals I have begun gently training down the 3rd node.

What is everyone's opinion is Zkittles going to stand a chance or should I cut bait and repalce her with the 4th seed that I just planted in a 1L pot to experiment with up potting an auto?

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
i can highly recommend to makes mutliple toppings about Zkittels to have better yield as without ...

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
You think I should top Zkittles???
Even with it looking so sickly? Even tho it only has 2 nodes?
Would you top it right above the first node then?

yeah but not yours is about in regular version, i doint no if is with automatic lineage how its reaction of it. No let grow as usally but if one day getting the real cut of Zkittels then topping it more times to getting better yield at end dude. So let them gow normally :)

yeah but not yours is about in regular version, i doint no if is with automatic lineage how its reaction of it. No let grow as usally but if one day getting the real cut of Zkittels then topping it more times to getting better yield at end dude. So let them gow normally :)

Pretty sure my zkittles is almost dead. I'm going to put it in the compost pile after work. :-(

Morning everyone, checked in on my garden before leaving for work this morning, as I do, and man oh man maybe it's my imagination but Gelato and Northern Lights really put on some new growth overnight. I had to readjust my tie down on NL and I had to move the garden staples on my quadline attempt. I was also able to get staples onto the little branches of node 4.

Continued...
Also, on a bit of a positive note for Zkittles, it also might be my imagination but the yellowing seems to be going away? Still clawing pretty good and deffinately not happy yet but trying to pray toward the light. Also seems to have put on some new growth as well.*

All 3 pots are feeling pretty light so I'll be watering this evening at lights on.*
I've been getting conflicting opinions about what I should be giving these littles in their water. Mainly calmag, some guys are saying give them full dose of calmag every watering. Others are saying to only give calmag when they show signs that they are needing

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
yeah you needs more cal/mag about LeD the plants useing more cal/mag as HPSin generally

Update day 23
Cruising right now! All 3 got watered last night right at lights on. In 3 Gallons of RO water I did a full 12ml dose of calmag, a 10ml half dose each of MGB and a 12ml half dose each of voodoo juice and B52. Each plant got watered 2 cups at a time with about a 15 min break when the jug was half empty. Got quite a bit more runoff on Zkittles than on either Gelato or NL even tho they all got the same amount put in. They had all just started dripping out the bottom as I finished pouring in the last of the water. Got about a cup each off Gelato and NL but Zkittles at least double that.
Zkittles is deffinately looking better. Not nearly as yellow although the leaves are still clawing

Northern Lights seems to be doing great with only LST. Added a second tiedown and tightened the first one.

Continued...

Gelato, my auto quad is still the main attraction in my tent. The main stem on her is about 1/4" wide and the branches at node one are really packing on the girth now too. Needed to add another pair of garden staples to hold them down.

And lastly Zkittles#2 made its way into the world this afternoon with a bit of assistance to get its helmet and sack off but its up and Ill be calling today its day 1.*

Have a knife day

Update day 25
Good morning everyone, hope everyone had a great week and getting ready for the weekend.

My little garden is making daily gains and the growth is noticeable between evening and morning checks.

Lowered the sp250 from 30" above down to 24" above last night at lights on and this morning all 3 still looking very happy.

Gelato, just keeps doing it's thing. Getting bigger and loving the quadline training she's getting.

Northern Lights, getting LST is also doing great. Almost have her be t all the way to the side of the pot and then I'll start it around the edge. We'll see how far it gets before starting to flower.

Continued....

My sickly child Zkittles seems to have bounced back. All that ugly yellow colouring has gone back to green and its deffinately getting taller. Infact it is now as tall standing straight, as the other two with their respective training methods.
Still clawing a bit but even that seems to be getting better.

Lastly Zkittles #2
No real change since its last update. Hasn't even stood all the way up yet. Hopefully not a bad sign already....

Well thats it for now, have a great weekend
StaySharp

Latest posts

Latest posts