You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Zack's back

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Zack's back Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2019, 05:32 PM #21
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to beholdItsmychoice is a splendid one to behold
Looking good, I am excited to see the flowers this set up puts out.
Itsmychoice is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:05 PM #22
20sackzack

20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
Great thread so far man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankwolf View Post
Vary nice setup .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmychoice View Post
Looking good, I am excited to see the flowers this set up puts out.
Thanks guys! And me too!

Alright so here's some more details. The room itself is built inside my detached garage. It used to be an office or something before my girlfriend and I moved in.
The outside of my intake with the filter box open looks like this

The intake is pulling air from inside the garage. And here is what the exhaust looks like from outside

It's going out a window I boarded up, insulated and disguised with some outdoor blinds

Here's how I lightproofed my door. I took some 3/4" x 1 1/2" boards with rubber foam weather stripping attached and mounted them to the frame flush with the door. I still had a sliver of light coming through so I stuck tape to the door to fill the gap and it seems to be working perfectly now

Last thing I'll go over for now is the humidifier I set up. It's still a work in progress as i need to get some kind of 4" hard pipe to use instead of ducting to prevent water from pooling up inside it. I will position the pipe so water will drain back into the tank. All it is is 5 disc foggers in a small tank that sits on top of and drains into a larger reservoir underneath. There's a pump in the large reservoir that tops off the small one every hour keeping the water level correct in the small tank. Then just a fan blowing into the small tank that moves the mist up the the ducting (or soon to be pipe) into the room. I am gonna redo it soon to make it look and work better as well as add more discs for more mist

20sackzack is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:17 PM #23
20sackzack

20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all20sackzack is a name known to all
I was finally able to get everything ready to flip to flower so last Saturday was officially my first day of bloom in my new room!

Been doing a lot of super cropping and weaving of branches to try and even out the canopy. Also gave them a good lollipopping the day before they got flipped. Honestly pretty happy with how everything is going so far

Also took about 6 clones of each variety right before I flipped so with any luck those should be rooted in a couple weeks

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:59 PM #24
unregistered190
Cannabis Connoisseur

unregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivor
unregistered190 has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Nice setup!
unregistered190 is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2019, 08:17 PM #25
20sackzack

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered190 View Post
Nice setup!
Thanks!

So I'm at day 5 of flower now and the girls are starting to blow up. Fed them some fulpower, mkp, k sulfate, k sil, cal nit and a little tm7 last night and when I checked on them before work this morning they were diggin it

I've got a good amount of stuff to try and get done in the room this weekend. I finally bought a co2 controller and regulator and will be picking up 20lb cylinder tomorrow after work. I'm curious to see what kind of a difference it will make because I've never used it before

I also bought 5 more single disc foggers to make a total of 10. I'm gonna pick up some 4 inch drain pipe from hd and use it to redo my humidifier setup. Too much water collects in the ducting causing it to pool and drip in certain areas. The plan is to position the drain pipe so that the mist dumps on top of the plants but any condensation will drain back into the tank instead of dripping on the girls. Hoping the extra 5 fogger discs will help my get my rh up where I want it. Those hid's really dry out the air

The other thing I'd like to do is cut the hoses going from my reservoirs to the beds shorter and get them setup on timers. I've just been going out there when the lights turn on and manually turning the pumps on to water. I picked up a timer that can do seconds so I can water for 45 second intervals allowing the water to more evenly distribute rather than go straight through causing runoff

I've been using a 5 gallon bucket with a submersible pump to feed and it works well but is time consuming. Gonna try and figure out a way to automate that somehow as well.

Oh yeah one more thing, I definitely need to get the second layer of trellis up this weekend as well. Gonna be a bitch to try and do later if they get too tall

Hope you guys have a good weekend!

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:09 PM #26
unnamedmike

unnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to allunnamedmike is a name known to all
Very nice setup
unnamedmike is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:36 PM #27
20sackzack

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnamedmike View Post
Very nice setup
Thanks, its been a lot of planning and hard work to get to this point. I've put more time, money and effort into this room than anything I've ever done in my life

Was up to 2 in the morning friday and saturday working in the room. Got pretty much everything I wanted to done thankfully. Plants got fed, second layer of trellis went up, humidifier improved and got co2 set up and working nicely

Here you can see the new co2 cylinder and controller as well as the new humidifier pipe and second layer of trellis

This one shows the loop of co2 emitter tubing I put up above the lights to rain down on the plants

This shows the new humidifier setup with the hard drain pipe to prevent dripping. I also redid the small tank to fix the water level and added 5 more discs. This thing dumps out mist now and is working nicely. Pretty happy with how it came out

And here's a bed shot showing the new layer of trellis. The sluricane doesn't seem to be stretching much so I'm curious how they will turn out. The middle bed is the sluricane

Old 05-14-2019, 08:49 PM #28
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor

Love all the filtered intakes. Beautifully designed setup.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Last edited by dank.frank; 05-14-2019 at 09:02 PM..
dank.frank is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2019, 06:29 PM #29
CoCo_LoCo

CoCo_LoCo has a spectacular aura aboutCoCo_LoCo has a spectacular aura aboutCoCo_LoCo has a spectacular aura aboutCoCo_LoCo has a spectacular aura aboutCoCo_LoCo has a spectacular aura about
Fantastic. I would do terrible things to have that grow space.

2019 Grow Log - 70w Quantum Board LED - 1g/watt
2011 Grow - 3.2kw HID Multi strain DTW
2007 Very first grow - 400w HPS Nirvana Bubblelicious

CoCo_LoCo is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2019, 11:41 PM #30
20sackzack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post

Love all the filtered intakes. Beautifully designed setup.

dank.Frank
Thanks Frank! The merv filters are a nice option for intakes imo. Probably gonna need to get a bigger carbon scrubber though, as I was already smelling some smells outside the garage the other night

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo_LoCo View Post
Fantastic. I would do terrible things to have that grow space.
Haha thanks man! Just set goals for yourself and don't stop until you get them. That's how I made it happen anyway

Two weeks into flower as of last night. Things are going fairly well still. Everything looks pretty happy except for a few leaves showing possible calcium or phosphorus deficiencies I think. I have a hanna soil ec meter coming today that I'm going to use to determine feeding needs.

Looking to maintain 0.8 ec and will be feeding calcium nitrate, monopotassium phosphate, potassium sulfate or potassium silicate, calcium sulfate along with some fulvic, microbes, therm-x and slf 100

The slurricane is in the middle bed and stretching the least out of everything. Excited to see how this strain finishes out because I've never tried it before. Have heard lots of good things though and they are smelling great already

The "gelato" I was told by a reputable source is not actually gelato and is a mystery. They said they ran 18 and 13 of them dudded out. The plants that weren't duds apparently came out very nice though. Luckily none of mine seem to be showing any signs of dudding so far, so fingers crossed and hoping for the best

Wedding cake is a beast and is still stretching and crushing. Love this cut, would be epic to do a mono crop with her someday. I love having a variety too much for that though probably lol

Here's a lights off shot from a couple days previous

Still getting the timer schedule dialed in for my sprinklers. Trying to keep the beds wet enough without getting run off is proving to be a little tricky but I'll get if figured out

Next weekend will be the first big leaf pluck so I need to get another rolling stool so my girlfriend can help. Gonna get another layer of trellis in as well