What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Still Alive After All These Years!

EasyGoing

Yea, cause telling people they are morons, or enjoy the company of themselves only is bro code for "no problem here."

Whatever.

antheis

Veteran
easy going,
weird isn't spewing hate, you're only listening for hate.
it'd be akin to someone saying you're wearing a black shirt and you getting all upset about it.
i understand you're mad at not everyone agreeeing with you, but when your argument consists of poor points presented poorly few people will agree with you..
and the left/right paradigm you've wrapped yourself up in only plays to the elite. you're a willing pawn in their game, useful only as a statistic, which is something i would wish on no person.

i do find it odd that a gathering place such as this has so many fragile egos.
<whispers>the plant we love will help destroy that ego.

EasyGoing

I am here to give my opinion on why I think ICmag has gone down hill. Been here since the start. Sorry if reading my opinion offends you. I think telling me to get the fuck out of the thread, which it's very intention I met, borders on bullying. I guess That is allowed on ICmag, as long as you are part of the "in crowd".

Wow, I feel beat down now. Congrats you guys, you made me feel like shit today.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
The hate you spew, yet are a Buddhist. You can't make this stuff up.

hate? if it was hate I would let you seep in your own delusion laughing as you reaped what you sow

I feel badly for those who suffer from aspects of the mind that put emotion before logic as Buddhism has taught me and out of reverence for what was shared with me I am simply sharing it with you in hopes you might come to understand the dyanamic for your own benefit and those you interact with

I get it though, more poignantly than you might believe

EasyGoing

easy going,
weird isn't spewing hate, you're only listening for hate.
it'd be akin to someone saying you're wearing a black shirt and you getting all upset about it.
i understand you're mad at not everyone agreeeing with you, but when your argument consists of poor points presented poorly few people will agree with you..
and the left/right paradigm you've wrapped yourself up in only plays to the elite. you're a willing pawn in their game, useful only as a statistic, which is something i would wish on no person.

i do find it odd that a gathering place such as this has so many fragile egos.
<whispers>the plant we love will help destroy that ego.

I agree with your point overall.... HOwever, how would you take somebody telling you to fuck off? Calling you a moron? Or saying you are better off alone? All because I gave my opinion on a matter I know better than most.

Come on man...........

EasyGoing

BTW antheis, it's not my fragile ego. I couldn't care less about what fictitious people on the internet think. I am trying to show the hypocrisy that icmag has become. The same people that preach love, peace, Buddhism are the same people destroying others. Case in this thread. I brought up my point of view, and I am a piece of shit for doing so.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I think it helps if you don't get too sensitive about what someone says on the internet, where ever you might be posting.

A little more of a hard shell to what some unknown entity is spouting about you goes to great lengths towards your ultimate enjoyment of the experience.

Over the past 20 years of my association with various forum sites I have been called all sorts of unsavory things, been trolled, flamed, lambasted, character assassinated and condemned by many, but to me after all this time it's like water off a ducks back.
After all, it's just the internet and not real life. Who really cares about what some unknown entity thinks about you, or what you do?

....and I believe that argument is important. Thru civil arguments I have learned alot, and actually changed my opinions on many topics, that otherwise I might not have.

The problem is that many peeps cross the line when arguing, and are so quick to turn it into some crude slanging match, peppered heavily with personal attacks and boring profane invective, perhaps because they don't understand how to argue properly, or when loosing the argument revert to cheap insults and attacks.

Essentially an argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition, that is factual, stands to reason, and so is logical to the majority of clear thinking people.

When we meet on an internet forum site such as this, for it to be valid and constructive the discourse needs to be monitored and sanctioned or not depending on the mind-set of those that are moderating/administrating the site. You agree to this when you sign up as a member.

I'm not sure how things have gone since I have been away. I have to trust others to run the site, and have confidence in them. When I returned I had positive and negative feedback as to how it went from both sides of the fence, and that generally is a reflection of how most things go in life. You can't please all of the people all of the time. Hopefully we can please most of the people most of the time.....well that is my aim.

antheis

Veteran
i would accept it and move on.
people tell me to fuck off everyday. (maybe its me, idk)
when someone calls me a moron the best response is silence, but if you have to say something i prefer the following, 'you might be right, but you don't have all the facts.' then i keep it rolling.
i do prefer my own company more than most others do, so that isn't really applicable to me.
its none of my business what other people think of me, even if they're yelling it at me in traffic, or an internet forum.

accessndx

&#9835;All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
I agree with your point overall.... HOwever, how would you take somebody telling you to fuck off? Calling you a moron? Or saying you are better off alone? All because I gave my opinion on a matter I know better than most.

Come on man...........

I don't find you very easy going at all....Fuck off you moron. :tiphat:
y7Z0L.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I don't find you very easy going at all....Fuck off you moron. :tiphat:

...another thing which I notice, is that on a forum site many don't seem to get it when someone is attempting to be sarcastic or witty, and take it literally, then get offended.

We don't have the luxury of measuring this as we do during live/vocal conversations, where the nuance and cadence of the spoken word is evident, and can only decipher what someone is trying to get across via the written word.

Take the post above for example. I interpret that as being sarcastic, and although sarcasm is considered to be the lowest form of wit, it can still make you chuckle, even if it might be directed at yourself.

Some other mod/admin may have got the ban hammer out for that post, since it clearly violates the TOU if you don't see the funny side of it...the irony, the satire.
Then someone else would just get butt-hurt whether you make that decision or not. Yes it's generally a thankless task trying to moderate, damned if you do, and damned if you don't sometimes.

Last edited:

accessndx

Veteran
...another thing which I notice, is that on a forum site many don't seem to get it when someone is attempting to be sarcastic or witty, and take it literally, then get offended.

We don't have the luxury of measuring this as we do during live/vocal conversations, where the nuance and cadence of the spoken word is evident, and can only decipher what someone is trying to get across via the written word.

Take the post above for example. I interpret that as being sarcastic, and although sarcasm is considered to be the lowest form of wit, it can still make you chuckle, even if it might be directed at yourself.

Some other mod/admin may have got the ban hammer out for that post, since it clearly violates the TOU if you don't see the funny side of it...the irony, the satire.
Then someone else would just get butt-hurt whether you make that decision or not. Yes it's generally a thankless task trying to moderate, damned if you do, and damned if you don't sometimes.

Well, I thought it was obviously supposed to be funny and not offensive. Hence the rim shot picture and the smiling face near the title. (two dead giveaways IMHO)
If I really don't like someone, I make that fairly obvious. I usually don't marinate my response in humor either.

Alternatively, I do also see where someone with thin skin and an intolerance for any humor directed at them could blow their stack.

Truthfully, I don't find him (EasyGoing) very easy going. :)

EasyGoing

I don't see the sarcasm at all in that. The emoji doesn't match any sarcasm hint. It's much more of just fuck off.

Gypsy. I see what you are saying. However here are some problems the site has. It's one thing to make a rule, it's another to make a rule that one side can break and use as a banning offence whenever needed. For example.

14. Politics/Religion: Threads or posts pertaining to political and religious discussions, by their very sensitive nature, can incite or flame others due to the wide and varying personal beliefs that naturally exist in a global community and will be deleted. ICMag is an international site attracting members from a multitude of religious and political backgrounds. We do this in favor of harmony and unity, rather than the divisions created by permitting open discussions of politics and religion requiring an opinion from such a global community. Political discussions pertaining specifically to cannabis laws/legalization are only accepted in the appropriate forum.

Yet you have a Chanting forum. I understand that is a long time tradition on the site, but how about penning that into the rules? Otherwise, it seems like some are allowed to talk religion, while others get banned for doing so.

4. Flaming/Trolling: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Any Member engaging another Member/Moderator or Administrator with gratuitous, insulting and/or threatening behavior will be subject to being banned or placement on site wide ignore. ICMag encourages civil and respectful discourse between it's members and staff but has to curtail those that attempt to turn an argument into a fight. There is an 'ignore' option in every members control panel who find themselves in a personality conflict with another member. Personal grudges have no place on ICMag even if the person being attacked isn't a member.

However all these things have happened in this thread, infront of your eyes. Yet you tell me to toughen up. I agree, because like you said, nobody cares what others on the internet think. I have major things happening in real life. My point here, is to prove the hypocrisy of ICmag, even if others are not willing to see it. This is also the reason I believe ICmag has seen a decline in users, and especially users that are willing to contribute on a professional level.

EasyGoing

To not seem like I am just bitching.

Thank you Gypsy for risking your freedom, your family's happiness, and in doing so, I have benefited for years. It has carried through to my personal life, and into my livelihood here in California. Some bonds I have made over this site will most likely never be broken. Thank you.

I love wit, satire, joking, etc, however the funny is lost when they resort to "fuck off, moron." Sarcasm is a low form of intelligence and is only compounded when finished off with calling someone names and telling them to eff off. This is in no way in defense of easy going it's just insane how quickly people get pissed at each other and begin slinging insults. I prefer to be like "Bob", from the meme... This is Bob. Bob sees something he doesn't like on the internet. Bob scrolls on. Be like Bob.

P.P.

accessndx

Veteran
Well, if you're going to pull #4 "Flaming/Trolling" out to critique "easy"...I could "easily" say that your posts....all of them frankly....are designed to do just that.

You basically came out calling this place a hole in the wall on "life support" with unreasonable rules and regulations. You've inferred we're an "all boys club" with the eldest members getting to do whatever they want to. You called Weird a hateful Buddhist, stated that conservatives get banned for no reason.

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your posts...they seem to only incite negativity.

It's too bad your threshold for being offended is so low. It's only going to get worse out in the "real world".

[ATTENTION: HUMOROUS POST INCOMING]
I'll have to spell out when I'm being humorous so as not to harm your image of self (although I assume folks with more than 3 brain cells can figure that out) <----THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE HUMOROUS, PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED. [END OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION OF HUMOR]

B

bigganjabud

Ffs can't we all just get along

I HAVE A DREAM

THE HEALING IF THE NATION

THIS AIN'T A DICK MEASURING COMPARISON SITE THIS IS A KNOLEDGE AND OPPINION SITE AND I FOR ONE AM GLAD I'M A MEMBER

THIS WILL BE MY LAST COMMENT IN THIS THREAD AS IT WAS STARTED TO BRING US CLOSER TOGETHER NOT DEVIDE US OVER ANYTHING

NAMESTAE

Latest posts

Latest posts