What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubblebags: Electric Beaters ??

N

Neptune

Looks fantastic... I may get a run that smooth someday :)

I just took a one hitter of the 120u from my last run.... annnnd it's a quitter!
Feels like a few bongloads, without much drowsieness. I could get used to this. :]

Keefhead

Neptune said:
Looks fantastic... I may get a run that smooth someday :)
You will, bro, you will. All I did was follow the instructions. That, and reading post after post to find out what else worked, and what improvement it made. FMCD is almost in your bowl.
I just took a one hitter of the 120u from my last run.... annnnd it's a quitter!
Feels like a few bongloads, without much drowsieness. I could get used to this. :]
Dare I say addicting? :yoinks:

bubbleman

Veteran
yeah that is an nice shot keefhead, wish it was alittle more in focus, cause that is some smooooooooooooooth looking bubble
great job bro

bubble man

Keefhead

Thanks for the kind words B'man.

Yeah, the rolling pin in the background is in perfect focus. :bashhead: It was taken with my old camera. If I ever get a bag like that again, I'm gonna break out the Nikon digital.

The bubble was incredible. Full melt, though no clear bubble, and NO ash. A little grey powder. Clean as it gets. MMmmmm :yummy:

I thought I'd add a few more pics. :hijacked: Uh oh, I hope I didn't do that.

Well folks, back to your regular programming.

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Neptune said:
Mmmmmmm mMMMM!!! Gettin' ready for a full load of Bubblebaggin in my 5 gallon set, can't wait can't wait!!! I'm gona go buy an ice bag, my ice machine can't keep up with the 5gal buckets hehe! Of course there will be pics... "stick" around!

Duh i'm slow, what's an ice bag? I suspect it's so you can make ice and store it prior to?

Hijack a thread with hash pics, never :joint:

Keefhead

real nice keef, almost looks good enough to eat
Thanks, Time2Unite, they were as much fun to make as they were to smoke. Well, almost....
And then Chiefsmokingbud made the comment:
Hijack a thread with hash pics, never
:laughing: :crazy:

Hey Chief, don't take me seriously. I just had to do it. :bat: The :sasmokin: made me do it......

"Ahhh, Hash, it's not just for breakfast anymore." - sorta Homer Simpsonish

Last edited:

mtf-shaman

well howdy to one and all, just had to stop by and drool, tho if i had a camera i bet i could make y'all drool a little too.....i have this jar of golden blonde mix of kif and honey oil that is just beautiful, tasty too.....shaman

Keefhead

cig3f said:
Damn Keef,

That is some creamy looking bubble. Can you give the bag size, material, processing method, processing time, wait, quantity in, and quantity out data for us (e.g., 5 gal 7 bag, fresh frozen trim, wooden spoon, 15 minutes, 200 g in, 6 g out)?

I think if everyone added even these brief types of data to their lovely pictures, then a great deal of value would be added to the site. The same applies to grow diaries--I am often disappointed in seeing these magnificent grows but not even learning the most basic of data about them, as in g/W, g/plant, g/m^2, W/m^2, etc.

Thanks,
CIG
You make a good point. I wish I could give you an answer to at least some of your questions, but I just don't know, or remember. My forgetter is working overtime. However, in future runs where I do some pictures, I'll remember your suggestion. As well for robust grow rooms, I'd be especially interested in the nutes and the "tricks" of the room.

However, for the enlightenment of anybody interested, I thought I'd throw in a little picture here. This, folks, is 190 bubblebag hash through a microscope. UGLY as sin, but it has some trichs in it, and you can get a buzz. This is why I throw it away - you make your own decision. :bat:

OK, how about a picture of some TWxBB 73u bubble hash under the microscope. This stuff bubbled great, but no clear dome.

Ain't hash fun? :woohoo:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
use a wooden spoon if yo'll want quality,,,

a paint mixer n drill if you want quantity,,, :wink:

20 mins either way...

peace dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
well i just tried a spoon for 15 min... not much difference in the quality than i get using my mixer for 15min.

imho using a drill and paint mixer defeats the purpose, the mixing should happen on top so the trich's can fall.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
trichomefarmer said:
imho using a drill and paint mixer defeats the purpose, the mixing should happen on top so the trich's can fall.

a hand-drill and paint stir attachment is only used to agitate the trim/ice at the top of the bucket/bag. (not by me, I might add)

the purpose of the exercise isn't to bash the living daylights out of it... so we do figure-of-8s with a wooden spoon,,,,hehe

if we smash too hard, we find the clarity of the message is lost in translation...lol :biglaugh:

peace
keep bubbling
dLeaf :joint:

*usually heavier agitation is applied during the 2nd run.

Last edited:
N

Neptune

Back at it... summer harvest is over, and I have 10 grocery bags of trim :)

NOT fan leaves mind you.... MWAAAAhahahahaha!!!

I really need a 20 gallon set :(

Pics coming!

G

Use a metal/plastic spoon (not wooden) for the first two runs then a cake mix/paint mixer etc for the later runs. I have done up to 8-10 runs before i see dramatic loss of quality. But I only use A+ trim w/o fan leaves/large leaves, stems or secondary growth, I use all that for the BHO and cooking. For the first run, I use a metal spoon for one minute with fresh, (still wet trim) frozen trim right after clipping. The hash I get from the first run is usually REALLY small, but incredible in quality. It is so sticky sometimes that I have trouble collecting it and it gets all over my fingers. If this happens to you, just stop what you are doing stick it in the freezer and come back in two hours and it will be much easier to work with. After the first run, I go 5-15 minute with the spoon on the second, then all the runs after that I just go to town with the cake mixer. Even if you do a bunch of batches and the later runs start to look green, then just use that stuff to cook with. Low quality has/keif makes for great butter and it can cook faster. Sorry if my style has been covered and mentioned, I just wanted to support this method, and I am still a new memeber and I like to get in the mix of some of these debates. best of luck with everones hash making experince. peace dj highst

PS does anyone else use Trash Bags system?

ilife

Mortar mixer and Drill

Mortar mixer and Drill

A Mortar mixer and a powerful electric drill can process upto a kilo and half, without problems. You can use a 32 gallon Water filteration bag inside a 32 gallon barrel using it as your "Work Bag". To be safe put a large thin sheet of plastic in the barrel to protect the bag from the mortar bit. Or not use a bag and just mix in the barrel and remove with a strainer. Then pass the water through your set of water filtration bags.

"The key to good water extractions is to remove your trichomes as fast as possible from the water."

iLiFE

GreenOgre

Great hash shots.

I just recently purchased the 5 gallon. 3 bag set.
For the most part I've been mainly using an electric mixer.Although I see most of you use spoons.

I'm using all the fan and close trimmed leaves to make my hash.
Im filling the bag up to the screen in water then adding trim(big ziplock bag full) and finally the ice.The thing is im not coming up with the quality and quanity I think I should.SHould more ice,water or trim be added?
Will the 3 bag set produce full melt bubble?

Keefhead

:wave:
I prefer spoons for the first run. The quality is worth it to me. The second run is often a spoon, but the remaining runs (food grade hash) I use a beater and abuse it for about 20-30 minutes. There are probably as many ways to do it as there are people who make it though.

And yes, I use a wooden spoon. Several times after stirring I put it under the microscope, and never found a single trich on it. I found ONE on a plastic spoon however. LOL A side note (as a exotic-wood woodworker) I can assure you that the wooden spoons, mostly made from Maple, have a very tight grain structure, much smaller than a trich. Yeah, woods like oak and the like are bad, but maple is fine. However, there is nothing wrong with a plastic or metal spoon that I know of. Just use what ya got.

If the fans don't have visible trichs on them, don't use them. The little return you get is offset by the added poor tastes and contamination. I'd suggest using them for butter (edibles) or maybe BHO or Iso.

Think about trying this: Put ice in the bag first, covering the screen by at least an inch. Add enough water to cover the ice with about 2" of water. Let it sit, stirring lightly, for about 2-3 minutes. This gets the water super cold. Now, pour in the frozen material right from the freezer (even if its dry, cold is what we want) into the bucket. Add another 2-4" of ice, then fill with water until about 3" below the bucket rim.

Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then stir for 5 minutes. Now, the ultra cold water has mixed with the very fragile trichs, they have fallen off, and ready to settle to the bottom. Let them settle for 30 minutes, but stir it very gently and very little, every 5 minutes. The object is to let as many trichs as possible fall to the bottom, but only quality stuff, not what you beat off with a beater like in subsequent runs.

The cleanest hash I've ever seen under a microscope was done this way (with a few minor differences - using snow).

There are many other ways to do it, and most of them work. This is one of the ways I do it, and with excellent results.

Yes, the 3-bag set will produce full melt bubble. Genetics and growing skills are important here. Ask around, lots of folks have recommendations of strains, several threads have discussed them. Bubbleman recommends Rene, and there are several crosses of it available from seed, but I've never seen, or tried, any of it.

It is my opinion (very unproven to me) is that all the bad tastes come from the grower, the plant, and not the hash process unless you got too many contaminants. I use RO water for ice and water, and still sometimes get a bad taste. However, when I smoke the same bud, it's also a bit harsh. Maybe someone here could shed some light on this.

Good luck,

K